“Way Too Sweet” 2 of 5 stars

Description: Near Wal-Mart in Cedar City
Description: Near Wal-Mart in Cedar City
“Way Too Sweet”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012 via mobile

I had the Yellow Curry with chicken. It was way to sweet. I didn't even finish it. The soup was decent. The service was good. The restarante was clean. But I hated the food, ergo, I would never go back.

Cedar City, Utah
“For the Only Thai Restaurant in Cedar - this place is Superb!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

I have sadly been living in Cedar City for almost 4 years. About two years ago I was introduced to this hidden gem, Sweet Basil, and have found this restaurant to be a fantastic little find. Cedar City doesn't have a lot of Asian food choices, but by far, Sweet Basil hit's the spot. The food is fantastic - I have not been disappointed with each time I visit. As some of the other reviews stated the food is a little bit on the sweeter side, true, but that is just perfect for me. A favorite for me is the Pork Pad Thai, or the Massaman Curry. They have ratings on their food, but because I am a baby when it comes to spice I always get a "1," so far that's the perfect amount making me perfectly content.

Seriously, if you are driving through little old Cedar City stop through and and enjoy this little hidden gem.

• Visited February 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Great place in Cedar City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

This place is a very nice change for Cedar City. We really enjoyed the food.

Visited February 2012
Cedar City, Utah
“Great little find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

Loved the food. All of it !! Only one problem. They wanted to charge me for extra white rice. Who charges for extra rice????

Visited November 2011
Zion National Park, Utah
“Not bad for Cedar City, but the curry is overly sweet.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

So far I have gone here twice. I ordered the green curry, and the Yum Woon Sen (silver noodle salad). The curry was good but very very sweet and not spicy at all. The salad was also decent, but had a too much shredded chicken which kind of gave it an odd smell. Considering the location, this is not a bad option if you just want a decent meal and a change from the usual. Prices are OK if not a little high. Lunch special are $7.95, and $2.00 extra for shrimp. The salad was 7.95 also. Expect to pay more in the evening because there is a separate menu.

• Visited November 2011