“Charred Rare please.” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Charred Rare please.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We thought a cute little ranch off off the beaten track would be a fun place to stop. It was a nice ranch style with brick flooring and old time american decor. The rolls served first were not very good, tasted like they were stored in plastic and not refreshed. I ordered the Rib Eye which was an excellent price at $22.00. I asked for it charred rare, the waitress had no idea what I wanted. Really? in a steak house? She was uninterested in providing decent service. The steak came and it was raw and barely cooked. I asked her why is it not charred? She said the cook did not know what I wanted.Crazy. So I explained the procedure. It came back barely any better. The sweet potatato was 2 tiny round spuds with some adequate carrots. Overall the food was very disappointing. Next time I'm going to try Milt's Steaks and see what happens.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Cedar City, Utah
“One of the best in Cedar area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We love Rusty's - the informal atmosphere sets the mood for a relaxing evening yet you can be at home being dressed up if you want. Wait staff is the best as is Ron who usually works the front. This is the place to go when attending the Shakespeare Festival in Cedar or for a special evening.

Visited July 2013
Midway, Utah
“Wonderful service, great location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The service at Rusty's was great, a warm welcome and throughout our meal, our server was there just at the right time to make sure we had what we needed. The location is good, with a great view of the mountains. The food however, was pretty average. I had salmon, a nice sized portion but not much flavor. The dinners do come with salad (average), potato and veggie. The furnishings are "rustic" and a little dated, but we enjoyed it. It was a comfortable place to eat dinner, relax and talk after a long day.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Las Vegas
“Nice location, Great Views”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

This is a really family restaurant. The tables and chairs are basic, low end. You can get beer or wine, no liquor. It's very inexpensive; the dinners come with potato, salad and vegs. I had haddock, and it was cooked perfectly.
It's located about 2 miles from the Shakespeare theaters, on the way to Cedar Breaks.

Visited August 2013
Cedar City, Utah
“Try the coconut shrimp”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

We visited Rusty's on a Tuesday evening. The place was not busy. Maybe 5 other tables were being served also. We were seated and brought our drinks out. Ordered the Tumbleweed. It was delicious. When our order came out it was brought to our table. Our group of 6 all ordered the Coconut Shrimp. It was wonderful. Big fat shrimp covered in a sweet corn flour mixture. They were the best I have ever eaten. Our waitress must have been busy doing something else since we never saw her again until we had to go to the desk and ask for our checks. She came out with the checks laid them on the table and turned and walked away. I said to my friends who are both in the customer service buisness and said "if she worked for me it would not be for long"! The food was great. The service needs a lot of work.

• Visited June 2013