“Great Find in a small town” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions, Doing business
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Fillmore, California
“Great Find in a small town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

The visitor's center in town directed us to this restaurant since they have outdoor seating and are pet friendly. The atmosphere was great. We sat on the front porch. Adam was our waiter and couldn't have been more helpful and friendly. After traveling many miles it was so nice to find a place that is unique and off the beaten path. We had lunch there. The food was delicious and fairly priced. Would definitely come here again if we ever get back to Cedar City!

• Visited August 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Salt Lake CIty
“Wonderful Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We ate here before a play at the Shakespear Festival and had a wonderful dinner. My wife and I both had the special of the evening (Alaskan King Salmon) and it was prepared perfectly. We made reservations and were promptly seated. Our waitress was extremely pleasant and took great care of us. This is the second time we have eaten here and will definately be back again.

• Visited July 2011
Utah
“Delicious soups!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

I've come here a couple of times for a full dinner and have enjoyed them very much - usually the salmon. But I'm lured mostly by their soups. Always something different and always excellent! Cream of Asparagus, Tomato Basil, and Sweet Potato were some of my favorites. The dinner menu is more expensive, but the soups are only about $4 so I come quite often for a lunch date and have their soup-of-the-day and Baked Brie appetizer or salad.
Charming atmosphere in an old victorian house with a lovely garden, quiet and pleasant. They have a fireplace but I always feel a little chilly, so take your sweater in with you just in case. Great place to dine before a Shakespeare play (or during one of the plays when its quieter.)

• Visited June 2011
Corvallis, Oregon
“SO SO”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

We ate at this restaurant three times while in Cedar City. The food was just average and pricey. Of the three times we had one great waiter, and two times with poor service. This restaurant was just across the street from our BnB so it was convientent to walk to. No wine or beer available.

• Visited May 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Phoenix, Arizona
“Chef wanted: Salmon undercooked.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

Very attentive server, Jacob, made up for the brain-absent junior-high hostess (people skills not developed enough to be in the front of the house).

Salmon dish, blackened. All was great but the salmon. Way undercooked, maybe 3 min. more?

Mushy cool interior. There was some edible portion on the thinner piece of the cut. Very fresh, very tender and tasty. That was about 1/3 of the fillet.

Good thing I was full on the tasty sourdough bread & delicious iced tea. All 5 asparagus stems were good, rice very boring. Throw it away and give me another dozen asparagus.

Negotiate up front for a rice pilaf substitute.

Jacob's only flaw--He missed the first bite checkup--After 10-12 long minutes he checked. Too late to add some heat to my underdone salmon. I was done, with 2/3 of my salmon mushed around my plate. $28 out the door with no financial incentive to return.

I'd go again if they had taken better care of my concern. The centerpiece of my dish was 2/3 trash! Where is the manager?

Make sure you check your salmon is done to your liking, and run fast to the kitchen if it's not!!

Hire a chef. Nice kids don't make a great dining experience--professionals do.

• 2 of 5 stars Food