“Average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Crystal Inn Cedar City

Save Saved
You added Crystal Inn Cedar City to your Saves list
Crystal Inn Cedar City
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1575 West 200 North, Cedar City, UT 84720 (Formerly Holiday Inn Cedar City)   |
Ranked #12 of 19 Hotels in Cedar City
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed for 2 nights and the rooms were clean and spacious but I would recommend that the hotel purchase new towels especially wash cloths as they were like scrubbing your face with sandpaper. The breakfast was only OK, I wish they would have provided more fruit and kept everything stocked a little better.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Sandy, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

They gave away my room! and refused to do anything about it. When I asked for a particular room number when I made the reservation about 4 months in advance, they confirmed that I had that room reserved. Then I called 3 days before arrival to again confirm that I had that particular room and they said yes. When I arrived with my family, they said they had given the room to someone else. This is NOT the first time this has happened - more like the 3rd or 4th time at this hotel over several years. Fortunately other hotels were helpful and we found something much better for the same price.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
garyhowe, General Manager at Crystal Inn Cedar City, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
I personal felt very disappointed that we were not able to provide this guest with the specific room number that he wanted. Unfortunately the "Property Management Systems" that are used by hotels are not made to guarantee reservations by room # but by room type, ie. double, single. We try very hard to honor our guests requests what ever it may be, whenever possible. When the hotel is filling each night the only way to guarantee a guest a specific room is to lose revenue by turning away guests we could normally accommodate in order to guarantee that room be available when the guest arrives one or two days later.
Again I apologize that this happened.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We stayed 2 nights paying $100.00 per. We ate at the restaurant the first night as it was getting late and didn't want to go out and search for another. Wish we would of, I can not stress enough how absolutely vile it was. We should of walked out right away! Was to scared to try the breakfast buffet so I can't comment on that. The room itself was ok. The refrigerator was not working, the tv was constantly turning off, the bathroom light had what I am sure was mold around it and there was a hair on the shower wall that was not ours. We will never stay here again. I am sure we could of gone across the street to the Super 8 for a room just as nice for less money.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
I am sorry your stay with us was not what you expected nor what we usually provide. The restaurant at the hotel is not controlled by us but is a lessee of that space. Some times they do a good job and obviously sometimes they do not. We are currently looking for a new restaurant. I would like to point out that if ever you find a problem in our rooms at the Crystal Inn Cedar City, be it a TV or AC or what ever, a quick call to the front desk will result in immediate response to correct it.
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed two nights in the Crystal Inn in Cedar City Utah over the fourth of July holiday. We stayed in 219 which was a larger room with extra sitting space. As I entered the Hotel from the parking lot I noticed a large pile of towels on the floor near the ice machine. The pile was there the entire time we stayed. The stairs going up to the second floor were dirty with lots of little pieces of white paper on them. This was cleaned up by the second day. I had asked for two queen beds when I made the reservation. When we arrived on 3 July, I found my room had a single king bed for my wife my daughter and myself, so one of us had to sleep on the couch. I tried to change rooms, but the receptionist said all their rooms were full. The complimentary breakfast was plentiful, however I didn't enjoy drinking juice out of the small Styrofoam cups they provided. I was trying to eat healthy, but there was very little fruit. The selection was mainly eggs, sausage, potatoes, waffles, or cold cereal. They did offer a half grapefruit and fruit juice. The TV in the larger sweet that we paid for had an old style rear projection TV. It was nice and large, but the picture was old technology. When I asked for the larger sweet, I was hoping for a kitchen with a stove and sink. The only thing that was different about the larger room was it's size and extra sofas to sit in. Otherwise, things were about the same as a regularly priced and sized room.

Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My wheelchair-bound husband, small dog and I had car trouble on our trip from Arizona to Washington, and we spent 3 days at this lovely hotel. Room was clean, breakfast ok, restaurant good, and everyone in the town, from hotel managers and front desk, to rental car personnel, to Chevy auto dealer repair folks, and other area restaurants...they made a tough time enjoyable. We were even invited to the Rotary meeting as guests. We can't say enough nice things about this hotel and community.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

The whole experience was positive. The rooms are more than adequate, pool is large, the restaurant has good food, the employees are friendly. What more could you ask for? The second floor rooms have no elevator FYI.

• Stayed July 2014
Austin, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I stayed for 4 nights at the Crystal Inn in July 2014.
It was centrally located for my hiking trips at Zion Canyon, Bryce Canyon and Cedar Breaks National Monument.

The room was spacious and clean. There were plenty of choices at the breakfast buffet. It was a perfect energy boost for my hikes. At the end of a tiring hike, it was nice to stretch out at the gym and relax in the hot tub and pool.

The attached pub & restaurant was a welcome surprise as I could not find decent restaurant choices in Cedar City. The British style pub offers good choice of beers on tap (try the Polygamy Porter if you are into porters) and bottles. The food was decent. Most entrees came with soup & salad (from the salad bar).

Room Tip: Pick the second floor rooms - they have entrance from inside and quick access to gym, pool & res...