“Room with a view :)” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Room with a view :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stayed in this hotel last night and had a very nice stay. The rooms have recently been renovated with new beds and remodeled bathrooms. We rented a King rooms. Our room was on the east side of the hotel and we had a beautiful sunrise over the lovely red rocks and cedar trees of Southern Utah. The furnishings were rich and dark in color, very appealing. The only drawback was that I found the bed to be a little "too firm". They did offer two types of pillows on every bed, soft and firm, and that was nice. We had a nice quiet stay. We also enjoyed the full breakfast complete with a variety of cold cereal, oatmeal, fresh fruit and juices, pastries, toast, bagels and cream cheese, waffles (regular and blueberry), english muffins, scrambled eggs, sausage and yogurt. It was a nice variety and more that you are offered at most hotel breakfasts. The only downside was the eggs were very obviously "powdered" and overcooked. Everything else was great!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Maulik V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for choosing us for you lodging needs. We are so happy that your stay and room was comfortable. We will definitely consider the comments you have for us to improve. Our rooms, facing the East certainly have mountain views. Even it is facing directly to the main street, the noise level is at minimal.
We are also glad that you enjoyed your breakfast. We offer variety of options to our valued guests. Your recognition is very much appreciated. I will share your words with my staff. We hope to see you again soon on your next trip to Cedar.

Maulik V.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Carbondale, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

This motel is located immediately off of an interchange from Interstate 15, but at least the room where we stayed did not have highway noise.

It was off season and we received a rate that totaled about $77 with taxes. That was reasonable considering that the room was clean and comfortable for my wife and me, with a modern flat screen TV and other new appliances. The bathroom had a shower/tub combination in which the tub was so small that it was difficult to get out of it, but that is a minor inconvenience that helps to reduce hot water use. The advertised room rate that applies in tourist season is considerably higher and would cause the place to be less of a good value.

The continental breakfast was a bit better than typical in that it included hot scrambled eggs and sausages, although the pastries were like the packaged ones at convenience stores -- not very good.

The main business district of Cedar City is about 1.5 miles north on the street where the motel is located and has a good variety of restaurants. It is convenient to drive to them, but too far to walk.

We were charged $1.50 for a room safe that we had no use for. If motels are going to add charges for accessories like that, why not charge extra for televisions, hair dryers, microwaves, etc.? It's a silly annoyance -- particularly when the extra charge is not mentioned at the time of check-in even though it is minor.

Another minor annoyance is that the entrance drive to the motel is difficult to spot at night. Although it has a small lighted sign, it is about 200 feet from the motel building with its very large lighted sign.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Maulik V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your feedback. Your comments and suggestions are very much appreciated. We are so glad you liked our modern and new bedding. We recently introduced our truly yours bedding after long wait. Now all our rooms have brand new mattresses with new bedding and pillows. We offer now soft and hard pillows. Our guest feedback and comments encourages us always to take such decisions.
Your comments will be definitely considered. Thank you again for writing us amazing review and staying with us. We hope to see you soon on your next trip.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Our stay last night provided essentially everything we expected. Our suite was very clean and comfortable, and breakfast was good. I was concerned about noise, since the walls were a bit thin, but this wasn't a problem. The staff was very courteous and helpful. The only negative was the noise from the air conditioner, but not such an issue that we turned it off.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Maulik V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear Linda,
Thank you so much for your fabulous review and four stars ratings. Cleanliness is our main goal, and comfort is already in our name. I am glad your room was clean and comfortable. Here at Comfort Inn, Cedar City we try our best to offer value. I am happy that you found your stay and dollars worth spending.
Thank you again for paying us visit. We can't wait to satisfy your lodging needs again.

Gallup, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

was very helpful and kind and assist with my hotel questions was lost and needed some info. on the hotel I need to book for sat. he helped hotel code and book my next hotel in new mexico before my cell phone battery was out. the best and helpful...thank you steve.

Room Tip: rooms were clean and comfy...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear Kerry,
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am so glad that Steve helped and make sure your stay was comfortable. I am also glad to know that your room was clean and comfortable. Our housekeeping staff is dedicated to their job and I am glad that you noticed it.
We hope to see you soon on your next trip.
Thank you again for making us your choice for lodging.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

My family (2kids,two folks me and my husband)have checked in to this hotel for 2 night.I read a lot of review regards to this hotel. The main reason I chooses this hotel is because is smoke free...so they will be so great for my family as non of us smoke. When we checked in we were to sign the form of the policy non smoking in the room.... Everything seems to be fine.........?????But when I arrived back home in Singapore I found that my credit card was charged by additional US$150. Equivalent to S$195?????I tried to contact the hotel. And spoken the manager maliuk ..he told me that I was fine for smoking inside the room....I found so ridiculous...none of my family members smoke ....and yet we were being accused of smoking inside the room...he told me he got evidence ..and send me a photo with 12 cigarette butts in a cup that he found in the room..mr maliuk let me ask you one question..if any of my family member smoke in your hotel room. Will they leave so many cigarettes butts behind for you to charge or not?Please use your brain. You keep emphasis your housekeeping they are very honest. They never lie...so you are saying your guest are lying.YOUR WAY OF TREATING THE GUEST REALLY PISSSED ME OFF.....overall your hotel is not really fantastic..I was staying on the second level..whereby is noisy whenever people up and down the stairs...and I agree with the review that the wall in the room are so thin that during my stay I can hear the people conversation next door and the snoring from the other room.Promised will never come back again...and advise guest that stay in this hotel to leave tipping when you checked out and take photo or get witness to check the room before you leave.,,you don't know what the housekeeper and the manager maliuk will present what photo to charge the hotel guest ...for things that they never done!!!!Will never back to this hotel again...mr maliuk please use your brain. Mr Manager

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Maulik V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Guest,
It is unfortunate that reviews, from time to time, can become a public way to exploit and explode incidents such as yours. The pictures I sent was legit and absolutely from your room. You have booked 2 rooms. Your guest in your room smoked in the room. We have very strict policy for smokers who smoke in the room. I am not surprised to see your review since were expecting your review when you started to blackmail us to get refund.
Unfortunately our try to notify TripAdvisor was not succeed. I will let the majority of great reviews herein speak for themselves. But we are very serious with our smoking policy.

Madrid, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Quite a nice hotel, spacious, clean and the staff were accommodating. There are cafes closeby where you can get a marvellous cup of coffee and some lunch. The lobby comes across as quite welcoming, and the staff are nice. They also have big spaces for the driveway. A good, practical option.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Brittany,
Thank you very much for your honest review. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you soon when you visit Cedar City.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I would say this one of the best business hotels that I have been to - the location, rooms and the accommodating staff who are all smiles throughout our stay from the time we pulled in until we left. They really know how to take care of their guests and I really enjoyed their personalized service. Breakfast was sumptuous, which we had on our first morning, not a thing out of place. Their price range is quite reasonable for the location. They have great amenities and very accessible to the life outside. Excellent business option.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Alton,
Thank you for your excellent review and five star ratings. I will share your comments with my staff. We hope to see you next time when you are in cedar city.

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City? Share your experiences!