“Nice room, decent breakfast, charge for the safe?” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Cedar City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Nice room, decent breakfast, charge for the safe?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The room was large and clean, and the complimentary breakfast was pretty standard. The location has easy interstate access, and there are several restaurants nearby. I must agree with other's comments about the $1.50 charge for the safe. This is not mentioned at check-in, and had others not commented, I wouldn't even have known there was a safe in the room. We did not use the safe, and I'm sure most people that spend just one night do not use the safe either -- yet, there it is on the bill at check-out. I didn't complain, but should have. In my opinion, this is just another way of getting a little extra money. We typically stay at other hotel chains, (Drury, Hampton, Marriott, etc.) and none of these have hidden charges that appear on the bill at check-out. It's not the amount of the charge, it's the principle. Comfort Inn makes you initial at check-in about their zero noise tolerance, their pet policy, their nightly rate -- but no mention of the charge for the safe. Multiply the $1.50 by the number of rooms, and they've collected a tidy little sum for absolutely nothing!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Maulik V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Kathy,
Thank you very much for an honest feedback. Your comments are very much appreciated. In room safe is our optional service we offer to every guests. Since we are on destination location, we have been receiving lots of requests from our international guests to have safe in the rooms for their valuables. Some times it is requested by even wedding parties and so on. We do not benefit or claim any extra profit from safe charges. To satisfy our guests needs, we simply collect safe charges and hand over to the company we signed lease with. We also pay taxes on those charges we collect.
The main and very important reason we do not ask every guests if they will be using safe in the room is that, OUR EMPLOYEES OR ANYBODY WHO CAN HEAR OUR CHECK IN CONVERSATION DO NOT NEED TO KNOW THAT YOU HAVE VALUABLES AND WILL BE USING SAFE. However if you do not use safe, or not intend to use safe during your stay, you can simply ask us to remove charges, and we will remove them with out any question.
In fact please call me at 530-401-0236 with your confirmation number, and I will be glad to remove safe charges from you final bill. Unfortunately I do not have enough information of your stay, so I could not do so. But if you call me and provide your date of stay, I will remove charges gladly.
Thank you very much again for sharing your concerns with us, I hope to see you soon when you are in Cedar City.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Hemet, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stopped after a long day of driving and were pleased to hear the hotel was pet friendly and the rates were reasonable. Very friendly Steve helped us check in quickly and we found ourselves in a very clean room. Breakfast was very nice. We will plan to stay here again when we are in the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Maulik V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you kindly for giving us 5 star review. We are always curious to see such reviews. Your positive feedback motivates and gives our staff more to do. Steve is one of the best we have. I am so glad that he made your stay delightful.
June is just beginning of heat up. It is nice and sunny here in Cedar City. Please advance book your next stay to get advantage of best rates. See you soon.
thank you again for great feedback.
McKinney, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

It should be noted that the staff is the ONLY reason I am giving this hotel an average rating. I would have given it a terrible rating had it not been for the front desk staff and cleaning lady. I will begin with check-in. When we checked in we were informed by the manager that the total bill would be more than we expected, that we were given the wrong room rate. Very suspicious in my opinion, as the room rate we were given when we booked the hotel was the same online as it was when we called the hotel. My husband expressed his displeasure with this, the room rate was reduced however, the manager refused to honor the quoted rate. We never would have stayed at this hotel for the same price as the Double Tree or Hyatt. This property is not remotely capable of commanding those prices. Wholly unacceptable in my opinion.

After we went to our room, we were absolutely disgusted by the sofa. I have never, in my entire life, seen a sofa in a hotel room that was so filthy. And I highly doubt they were just stains...as it is highly unlikely that they steam clean the sofas after each guest. There was mold in the bathroom, the lighting was exceptionally dim and the bed was uncomfortable and springy. The flooring was stained and faded. We have a dog and we stayed at two hotels during our trip where we were given rooms that were beaten down and dirty because we had a dog. This was one of the two hotels.

There were a few good things. The Wi-Fi was fairly decent although there were several periods of time in which it cut in and out. The staff is honest and friendly. The young ladies who work the front desk in the morning and in the evenings, were wonderful. They were friendly and helpful. When we checked out, my husband left a rather large diamond wedding band on the dresser, the cleaning lady came running after us to give it back to him. He would have been devastated had she not been so honest and quick. Thank you to the cleaning lady!

I cannot say the same for the manager, who has many short comings.

Room Tip: Be wary of the rate they give you over the phone, and plan on getting a dirty broken-down room if yo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Maulik V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule and reviewing your stay. I am glad you found our rest of staff nice. I am surprised and feel unfortunate that we never even talked in person, I only spoke to your husband and he seemed very happy and satisfied when I adjusted the rates. I am sorry for miscommunication between you and reservations. I gave benefit of doubt to you as you were our valued guest. Our staff works as team. They are honest and hardworking, and I am so glad that you noticed that.
Anything it does not belong to us in room is valuable to guest, so even if your husband forgot a pair of socks, it would have brought to your attention. I feel so unfortunate that I could not even speak to you in person before you gave opinion for me.
Thank you again for sharing your experience. We hope to see you soon in future, and I insist to come see us. I am sure your opinion will be different then.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

The front desk person was excellent! He checked us in the night before and the next morning remembered my name and greeted us on our way to breakfast. The room was clean. The food for a continental breakfast was very good and everything was kept well stocked.

Room Tip: Call in and speak to the front desk they helped us out
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Maulik V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind words. We are here to serve best of our ability to our guests. And I am glad to know that we succeed. Just to inform you that our truly yours bedding is introducing very soon. Our brand new Serta mattresses are already placed. We are in continuous effort to make sure we give best value and good night sleep to all our guests.
Next time you will visit us, you may find new spreads and blankets as well. Thank you again for great review and being our loyal guests.
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We had stopped to stay in Cedar City for one night upon our return trip from Zion NP/Bryce Canyon and we chose the Comfort Inns and Suites.

The rooms were very clean, the pool area/hot tub were also clean and the front desk worker recommended a few restaurants in the area, one of which we patronized and enjoyed (Lupita's).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Maulik V, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your kind review. We are glad that your stay was comfortable. Here at comfort inn, our staff is always curious and dedicated to navigate our guests to right and requested destinations. We are happy to know that your restaurant experience was pleasant. Our pool is also regularly maintained and kept on appropriate temperature for best experience.
Thank you again for taking time out of your busy schedule and review your stay. We hope to see you soon on your next trip.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

The guy at the desk named steve was so good to us! We were on our way home from our honeymoon and our tire blew out. He hooked us up with a great room for a great price. The hotel is so nice and clean. We would definitely come back.

• Stayed June 2013
Maulik V, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear Valued guest,
The guy named Steve is one of our best. I am glad he made you feel home. I want to thank you kindly for writing great review and sharing your experience. We look forward to accommodate you again when you visit us in future.
Thank you again for five star review.
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stopped at the Comfort Inn, Cedar City for one night during a tour of Utah and Arizona. We could not have made a better choice. The hotel appears to be new, everywhere, from the spacious lobby to the rooms, hallways and dining room are bright and clean as a new pin. The rooms are large, and include a comfortable settee. There is an indoor pool and hot tub and a gym. The complimentary breakfast was varied and plentiful. The staff of the hotel were very polite and helpful in giving advice regarding places to eat. The location of the hotel is about a mile from the city centre but close to the Freeway? For value for money I would choose this hotel every time.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for taking time out of your busy schedule and write us amazing review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our utmost goal is to provide best service with unbeatable value. We are happy that you recognized that. We hope you visit us soon on your next trip to Utah.

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City? Share your experiences!