“Great Hotel in a Small Town.” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 19 hotels in Cedar City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Healdsburg, California
“Great Hotel in a Small Town.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

When you're traveling to a small town (business and pleasure) and you don't want to stay in an unknown local hotel or with family or the options/choices are few or booked; you go with a known hotel. I reviewed all the hotels in this small city and my first choice was unavailable (and I was a registered "premier" client with the chain), I decided to try this Comfort Inn & Inn in this small city - Cedar City, Utah.

I'm glad I did. The Pros are;

1) Finding the hotel. It was located in the south end of the town, less than 6 minutes away from there nearest mall with prominent named stores and restaurants. Go north on their main street and you go through all of their main town. Can't get lost.

2) Plenty of restaurants are located near the hotel (fast and sit down, named and locallyknown).

3) Arrived late at the hotel (Labor Day Weekend, they were sold out), and they were prepared for my late arrival, had my room ready to go. All the personnel who I encountered were more then amicably; asking if I needed anything at all times.

4) The room was perfect. The room was more than average size with a single non-smoking King size bed. TV, air conditioning, bed comfortable with several pillows, coffee/tea maker, iron and iron board, plenty of towels and all the amendities to make me feel comfortable. It also had Free WIFI connection which they give you your user ID and password when you check in.

5) A Continental buffet style breakfast was available. Unfortunately, the one time I got up to have the breakfast, it was swamped with travelers (Labor Day weekend). It was well set up with many tables in a seperate dining room/area.

6) It had a seperate business center/area with an internet connection and printer at no extra charge.

7) Most important - it was "clean" throughout the hotel. I'm a picky person about places where I stay (especially the bathroom). It was cleaned everyday I stayed (four day/three nights) and the level of cleaniness was Excellent. The reason I gave this hotel only four stars (would of given it four and half stars if available) is because it is a renovated hotel and it was well done. I'll go back in one year and see if they have maintained or excelled in maintaining the rating I give it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
pkkansagra, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City, responded to this review, September 20, 2011
Thanks for your friendly review. We appreciate to spend your time wrote opinion.

238 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Palos Verdes, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed here with our family of 5 in August in route to and from Yellowstone. The place is clean. Rooms are basic 2 - 3 star. Breakfast is good expanded continental. Service is good. My daughter left her cell phone and a book on our first stay. They called us before we knew they were missing, and held them for us until we returned 10 days later.
The good: Clean. Quiet at night. Good wireless internet. Easy on/off freeway. Several chain restaurants and a Walmart nearby to restock travel items.
The bad: Beds were not great. Rollaway was horrible, and didn't even have a mattress cover or pad on it, and sheets didn't fit. Would have been better in camping gear on the floor. Pool was so chlorinated the kids couldn't even go in it, so that was very disappointing.
This hotel is a good value for an overnight stop, if you don't need an extra bed or want to use a pool. Not in town, so not the best for theater visit.

Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

This was the first night's stay for our Utah vacation. There was a sign for no vacancy when we arrived so I was glad we had made a reservation. We had a suite which had 3 queens with 2 bedrooms which worked great since my husband and I were traveling with my dad. Breakfast was excellent and we were able to get out to CedarBreaks for sunrise and back for breakfast. Very busy hotel but didn't have to wait checking in.out. Little noisy being so close to the freeway but that is also a plus for getting back on our way to Zion. Also very close to the Catholic church.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Birmingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2011

Ideally situated just off the freeway but you don't hear any traffic noise. The building looks pretty new and our room was very spacious with all the ameneties we needed. I had the hotel indoor heated pool to myself for 2 days running. The hotel & pool are both very clean. Breakfast was ideal with plenty of choice and a nice dining area.

It's a business-feel hotel rather than a tourist hotel, but it has everything we wanted.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
rural NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2011

arrived here after a week on the road...lobby is very nicely decorated..nice comfortable chairs, large flat screen TV, water cooler..Front desk very helpful...room was very clean, wi-fi was good....bed was so comfortable.. Breakfast was everything you would need...stayed here 2 nights, would most definitely return.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

We stayed here two nights while doing Bryce Canyon. It's bit far, but it was worth it. The price was reasonable. The room was clean. The check-in was smooth. The front desk staff was helpful.

Checked out the pool - felt Chlorine smell, so did not try it. Did not try the gym room either.

We travel as a family for fun. I have to say that this place has by far the best setup for breakfast. The chairs acually have plastic covers, so you know you are not sitting on spilled coffee or milk. The choices are many, adequately manned, they refill real quick. The fancier choices were non-veg and being vegeterian we did not try them. Not seen Yogurt / Oatmeal on the menu very often. Given the distance to Bryce - the breakfast did serve / suit us well.

We will definitely stay here in future.

Las Vegas, NV
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2011

We have stayed at several hotels in Cedar City and decided to try a new one. Price was same as others on this level. Breakfast was great with plenty of seating. Room was clean and furniture was up-to-date. Linens were fine. Staff was very nice. My only complaint is the air conditioning unit only comes on for a few minutes, then off again. The erratic noise made it hard to sleep.

Make sure to visit the Shakespearean Festival and activities.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Cedar City? Share your experiences!