“Bed Bugs !” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Thurmont

You added Super 8 Thurmont to your Saves list
Super 8 Thurmont
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   300 Tippin Drive, Hwy 15 Exit Hwy 806 Turn West, Thurmont, MD 21788-3212   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Thurmont
Springfield, Missouri
“Bed Bugs !”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Bed Bugs ! I had the misfortune of staying at the Super 8 in Thurmont, MD Oct 2 and 3 '13 during a 6 week road trip for business. I awoke the first morning with a few bites I attributed to an hour the previous evening outside . The second morning I woke early to discover hundreds of bed bug bites on my upper torso. (See Photo) I imagine that bed bugs can happen anywhere and it is how an owner deals with them that you should judge the establishment.
When I showed the new owner of 1 year, Mr Jatin Thakkar, my bites, rather than apologizing or trying to make it right he was belligerent and confrontational . I was told if I left now he would give me a 25% discount on the two nights I was there but if I said a word I would get nothing back and be charged for the next 2 nights of my 4 night reservation. I was there with a group who occupied three quarters of the hotel and do so every year for a local event. When I mentioned this he told me he didn't need our business to pay his bills. Arrogance on top of belligerence is a bad combination for a business man. He portrays himself as a devout man. I am sorry but a devout man would not mistreat a traveler. He brings shame and disgrace on his family and company. I have traveled five continents, including India, and I get bed bugs in Maryland, USA. Isn't that a kick !--J Downing

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

This is the first Super 8 I've stayed in ever. And, it was exactly what I expected. Reasonably clean, comfortable bed, quiet, and inexpensive (but not cheap). Service at the counter was slow, and the breakfast so uninviting that my wife and I passed on it and went down the street to one of the town's "family restaurants." I wouldn't rush to stay here again but it is a high value accommodation and those are sometimes exactly what I want -- as in this instance.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Burlington, Vermont
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

To break up a solo return trip from Bluemont, VA to my Burlington, VT home, I stayed at the Thurmont, MD Super 8.

Summary: It is an easy/quick on/off the highway, with a good firm bed, quiet, and pleasant staff.

While I was there less than 7 hours (11:30 PM arrival, 6:00 AM departure), I would stay
here again if I was in a similar situation. Plus is it near restaurants, gas stations, and
a grocery store.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Super 8 Thurmont? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Thurmont

Address: 300 Tippin Drive, Hwy 15 Exit Hwy 806 Turn West, Thurmont, MD 21788-3212
Location: United States > Maryland > Thurmont
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Thurmont
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Thurmont 2*
Property Located 15 Miles From Historic Gettysburg Battlefield, 5 Miles From Cunningham Falls State and National Parks and Only 7 Miles from Catoctin Mountain Park Book your room at our Super 8 Thurmont hotel near Cunningham Falls State Park. Located just off Highway 15 between Frederick, MD, and Gettysburg, PA in the Appalachian Mountains and just a short drive to Catoctin Mountain Park, Mount St. Mary's University and Frederick Municipal Airport, our pet-friendly hotel provides comfortable accommodations and friendly service at an affordable rate. Start each day at our Thurmont, MD, hotel with free 8-item SuperStart breakfast bonanza and enjoy great in-room amenities including free Wi-Fi Internet access. Rooms with a refrigerator are available. Kids 17 and under stay free with an adult at our hotel, and there is plenty of free parking for your bus, truck or RV. LOCAL ATTRACTIONS If you are an outdoor enthusiast or Civil War buff, you will find great attractions near our Thurmont hotel. Travel north on Highway 15, crossing the Pennsylvania border, to visit the hallowed grounds at Gettysburg National Battlefield Park to see distinctive turning points in the battle at Little Round Top and Devil’s Den. Cunningham Falls State Park is a great spot for hiking, fishing and canoeing, just five miles from our hotel, and Catoctin Mountain Park, site of the Camp David presidential retreat, is just 7 miles away from our hotel. The Eisenhower National Historic Site, Barbara Fritchie House and Gambrill State Park are also nearby, and it is just an hour drive to Washington DC. DINING OPTIONS Choose from dozens of family-friendly restaurants just outside our Thurmont hotel starting with Mountain Gate Family Restaurant across the street and Simply Asian about a block away. Sample buffet dining in a rustic hall at Cozy Restaurant — and see the Camp David Presidential Museum on-site — or head over to Main Street, and try seafood at Rube’s Crab Shack or comfort food at Thurmont Kountry Kitchen. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Expedia so you can book your Super 8 Thurmont reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super Eight Thurmont
Thurmont Super 8
Thurmont Super Eight

If you own or manage Super 8 Thurmont, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.