“Nice room, billing confusion” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Thurmont

You added Super 8 Thurmont to your Saves list
Super 8 Thurmont
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   300 Tippin Drive, Hwy 15 Exit Hwy 806 Turn West, Thurmont, MD 21788-3212   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Thurmont

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
FREDERICK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I had a two day stay at Super 8 coming directly from the hospital after major surgery. My power was out at my home from superstorm Sandy. I had no hesitation in doing this although my family was very worried this was not the place to recover. I felt very safe there and the staff was very nice. The hotel room was reasonably priced and very clean. My only request was that I not be disturbed and did not need maid service- this was respected and honored ( that does not always happen in hotels). The only incident that happened was when I ventured up to the lobby for breakfast (which was well presented and clean) and my key card would not work. I was in a great deal of pain and the long walk to the lobby was not easy. The manager walked back with me to make sure I was able to get to my room. I had a discount coupon which was honored through the 1-800 # and the front desk receptionist without a problem. This Super 8 is convieniently located just a few miles from my home. In fact I may go there again if I simply need a break from my family to just chill and read (it's a mom-thing)
Thanks for a stress free experience!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Been to Super 8 Thurmont? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Super 8 Thurmont

Address: 300 Tippin Drive, Hwy 15 Exit Hwy 806 Turn West, Thurmont, MD 21788-3212
Location: United States > Maryland > Thurmont
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Room Service Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Thurmont
Hotel Class:2 star — Super 8 Thurmont 2*
Property Located 15 Miles From Historic Gettysburg Battlefield, 5 Miles From Cunningham Falls State and National Parks and Only 7 Miles from Catoctin Mountain Park Book your room at our Super 8 Thurmont hotel near Cunningham Falls State Park. Located just off Highway 15 between Frederick, MD, and Gettysburg, PA in the Appalachian Mountains and just a short drive to Catoctin Mountain Park, Mount St. Mary's University and Frederick Municipal Airport, our pet-friendly hotel provides comfortable accommodations and friendly service at an affordable rate. Start each day at our Thurmont, MD, hotel with free 8-item SuperStart breakfast bonanza and enjoy great in-room amenities including free Wi-Fi Internet access. Rooms with a refrigerator are available. Kids 17 and under stay free with an adult at our hotel, and there is plenty of free parking for your bus, truck or RV. LOCAL ATTRACTIONS If you are an outdoor enthusiast or Civil War buff, you will find great attractions near our Thurmont hotel. Travel north on Highway 15, crossing the Pennsylvania border, to visit the hallowed grounds at Gettysburg National Battlefield Park to see distinctive turning points in the battle at Little Round Top and Devil’s Den. Cunningham Falls State Park is a great spot for hiking, fishing and canoeing, just five miles from our hotel, and Catoctin Mountain Park, site of the Camp David presidential retreat, is just 7 miles away from our hotel. The Eisenhower National Historic Site, Barbara Fritchie House and Gambrill State Park are also nearby, and it is just an hour drive to Washington DC. DINING OPTIONS Choose from dozens of family-friendly restaurants just outside our Thurmont hotel starting with Mountain Gate Family Restaurant across the street and Simply Asian about a block away. Sample buffet dining in a rustic hall at Cozy Restaurant — and see the Camp David Presidential Museum on-site — or head over to Main Street, and try seafood at Rube’s Crab Shack or comfort food at Thurmont Kountry Kitchen. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Wyndham, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Travelocity so you can book your Super 8 Thurmont reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super Eight Thurmont
Thurmont Super 8
Thurmont Super Eight

If you own or manage Super 8 Thurmont, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.