“Generous portions make for Very Good Value (3.6 out of 5)” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Frederick, Maryland
“Generous portions make for Very Good Value (3.6 out of 5)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Fratelli's is a small corner Italian restaurant behind the 7-11 fuel pumps off Frederick Road in Thurmont, MD. I walked in, looked at the menu, and then sat down in one of only about 9 or 10 tables tightly grouped together to pick from. The waitress was quick to take my order and the food was brought out in a speedy fashion as well. There weren't too many other customers to be serviced as many were outside enjoying the 50th anniversary of Catoctin Colorfest.

My fries were brought out to me first to munch on while my steak stromboli was being prepared. The fries were hot and served with just the right amount of salt. The waitress warned me about how big the small sized strombili was when I ordered, but I didn't think it would need its own large pizza pan to be placed on until she brought it out. This thing was huge. Clearly, two hungry people could both eat this and probably still not finish it. I wonder what the large stromboli looks like.

No matter the size, I ate what I could and took the rest of my stromboli and fries with me in to go boxes. I was also given a free to go refill of my drink. There's at least 1 more meal, maybe 2 after I left waiting for me at home. All this cost $13. What a good value!

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Thurmont, Maryland, United States
“Great local place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

This restaurant has good food, generous portions and great service. It is a "local" restaurant without great ambiance but has great food. Would highly recommend their Lasagna or any dish they have.

Visited July 2013
Thurmont, Maryland
“Fratelli's Not a Bad Choice in Thurmont”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This used to be my family's "go to" place for pizza in town, but we've recently been favoring Rocky's. The employees are friendly, and the food is good. Prices are good, especially their specials. The pizza might be a notch below Rocky's, but not by much. I prefer Fratelli's subs, especially the cheesesteak. You can't go wrong ordering from Fratelli's.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
rose4hall
“Fratelli's Pizza darn good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Had our Football Fantasy Draft before the season and we live where no pizza is delivered near Mountaindale Rd. I would drive twice the distance to get the sausage and Pepperoni pizza. I really did not want to share it when I opened up the box. Never seen 8 pizzas go so fast. Might have been 2 rounds during the Draft. Took my 96 year old Grandfather up last week and he loved the Ham and cheese sandwich. Never experienced a problem with the wait staff but they do "fly" around in the small dining room. I can see where it would get hectic. Normally I stick with one thing but tonight I will be trying the 2 Lrg Pizza one topping special for 18.99 includes a 2 liter..

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bmore
“HORRIBLE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

HORRIBLE! Food SUCKED reminded me of something I ate in High School and was not even close to "real" italian food which was no surprise as there were NO Italians in sight! Not too mention the old bald guy(think he was a manager) stared at my 13yr old like she was a novelty and creeped her out to the point I thought about punching the guy if it wasn't for his age!

• Visited June 2011