“Rode 56 miles for this pizza! :-)” 5 of 5 stars

(301) 447-6767
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 25 Restaurants in Thurmont
Cuisines: Pizza
“Rode 56 miles for this pizza! :-)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

We're from the D.C. area, which has a veritable plethora of pizza joints to choose from. This place tops them all. The pizza has the perfect amount of an excellent marinara sauce, with fresh and generous topping portions baked under just the right amount of delicious, gooey cheese. All of this is complimented by a dough resilient enough to support everything on top of it without being too thick, chewy or hard. We even ate all the crust. We have also had their subs and have not been dissapointed. Their corn fritters are an excellent alternative to french fries. While going there for us is a haul, we will be back time and time again.

Biloxi, Mississippi
“Now, that's a spicy meatball...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Yes, it's a pizza place, and I got the meatball sub ... ... ... and I thought that it was AMAZING!!! A delicate blend of spices that gave it a certain kind of tang that I can't place. I don't know if this is a regional thing, like the taste of cheese in Philadelphia, or New York pizza, but it was real good. The service was friendly, focused, and happy to answer the questions I had. The place was clean. Although I got the food to go, I'd've had no problem with eating there. Very nice. If I'm out that way again...

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fairfield, Pennsylvania
“Great pizza, no customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I live nearby but I usually prefer Venturas pizza. My girlfriends and I decided to go here one night. I think most people get takeout when they get pizza from here. The pizza is very good. I've also had subs from here and they are good as well. My only complaint is the customer service. The girl at the counter acted like we were interrupting her conversation with her friends when we came in to order. No personality whatsoever and not friendly at all. If you don't know how to be friendly and you don't want to help people, you shouldn't be working in a job where you have to deal with customers!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
North Carolina
“Some Outstanding Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I am probably what you would call a pizza contasuer. I love pizza and I know good pizza. This is the second best pizza I have ever had. They put so much cheese on the pizza, do not ask for extra cheese. The crust was great. Its also a neat little spot. It looks like a hole in the wall, but it is good. Had an older model tv on the mantle above the fireplace. This will definitely be a must stop for food one night, or maybe more the next time I'm in Emmittsburg or anywhere close.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Pataskala, Ohio
“Delicious Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Went to Stavros ordered a pizza and ate in. Wait wasn't long even with ordering and eating in, the crust was chewy and wonderful!

• Visited July 2013