“Not the "Cozy" Country Inn” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Cozy Country Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Thurmont
The Cozy Country Inn
103 Frederick Rd - Route 806, Thurmont, MD 21788   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Thurmont B&B and Inns
Points
“Not the "Cozy" Country Inn”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

My daughter and I went for a mother's day weekend on 05/10 and 5/11/13. We walked into a nightmare. We pre-rented the Reagan Executive Suite. When we arrived we noticed the rug all torn up. We noticed a throw cover on the cushions on the love seat. When I pulled it back, there was a huge Stain and Burn holes. We thought we'd make the best of it. We went out to eat and when we got back, I decided to fill the jacquzzi, so we could relax and watch a movie. When I went to fill the jacquzzi, there was hair all in the tub and you could feel scum on the sides. It was filthy..
I immediately called the front desk and the clerk said she'd get housekeeping. In the mean time I pulled back the covers on the bed, there was a man's sock laying there. There was hair on the pillows and most of all THERE WERE BED-BUGS CRAWLING. By that time the night clerk and housekeeping arrived and I went off on them about this disgusting place. They brought us another key to the Reuter's Room and asked if we'd like to check it out. My daughter and I went over to that room literally tore the room apart. All was fine so we decided to take it. Around 9pm that evening we get a call from the desk clerk saying that the Reuter's room was rented for Saturday and we'd need to move. Luckily we did not have to. The other party didn't take it. This ordeal really put a damper on our weekend. The Inn did reimburse me for the difference between the room rates, but did not try to appease us any way else. I have been coming to Cozy Inn for years now and THIS WAS MY LAST TIME. I HAVE NEVER SEEN SUCH DISGUSTING CLEANLINESS AND LACK OF CARING WHAT SO EVER..........

Room Tip: None of the rooms are worth pointing out
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

56 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Culpeper, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I was worried about what our trip might have in store for us, after reading some of the reviews on here. The people at the front desk were pleasant. I can see how one of the women could be read as unfriendly, but there was another woman who was very nice. The restaurant manager, who also helped us with the heat in our room, was a very nice gentleman as well.

We staid in The Churchill Cottage, since it had three beds with one in a separate room. We thought two of the beds were comfortable, but the third was pretty lumpy and awful. The heat worked well, but the water did heat slowly. The bathroom fan did not work so well and would sometimes sputter and quit. The place was pretty good overall though. I would not recommend going in the dead of winter, since there are cracks around the door. Because of these cracks, the summer/fall, especially when the bugs are bad, might not be the greatest either.

I think the most disappointing thing for us was their poor excuse for a continental breakfast. They had some pastries, granola, bread, and bagels. There was no fruit at all. We just found it really lacking compared to continental breakfasts at other places we've staid.

The restaurant at The Cozy was very nice. The staff was very lovely. None of us had the burger that everyone says is so good, but those of us who ate them liked the steak, surf and turf (steak and lobster tail), cream of broccoli soup, fried butterfly shrimp, and assorted pies in particular.

Since we went in the off season, the cottage was $70 each night, which we thought was an excellent price. There isn't really much to do around The Cozy, but we enjoyed going on day trips to Gettysburg from there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This is one of my favorite inns of all time. The staff is so kind and the rooms are clean. There are cottages, rooms, and suites. All the rooms have special names related to Presidents and journalism. The breakfast is good. The price is reasonable and its truly a cozy inn. It is so close to Gettysburg.

• Stayed July 2012
Towson, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Great small town hotel! I was there for sol/business for a paranormal investigation. Great sized rooms next to a great restaurant. Good internet service. There was no pool or gym but that was ok i was there for work :)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Westminster, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I booked the Reagan Cottage for two nights to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. The problems began as we checked in. I approached the front desk and stated I had a reservation. The woman at the front desk snapped at me and said "for what"? I stood there dumbfounded. After 10 minutes I left the lobby with room key in hand and silently prayed I wouldn't have to encounter this woman again.

The room was nice. Carpet was worn and torn in one area but was something I could live with. The room was chilly so we turned on the heat. We set the temp at 85 and it took over 24 hours for the room to warm up enough to be comfortable. The heat in the bathroom was broken so they had placed a small heater on the floor.

Once we had unpacked and settled in we headed for the bar. One of the reasons we had chosen the Cozy was that there was a restaurant and bar on the premises. We didn't want to drive any where during our stay. The bar was nice and Steve the bartender was friendly.

After a couple of drinks we went back to the room to enjoy the Jacuzzi. NO HOT WATER! We put a call into the front desk and within 10 min someone was there to fix the situation. We had to wait another 20 min for the water tank to heat up. Complete mood breaker. FYI: Even when the hot water is working correctly there isn't much of it so used wisely.

Day 2... something happened to the electricity in the restaurant so no lunch and no bar until almost 3pm.

The food at the buffet was less than stellar and way to expensive.

I would like to mention how wonderful Lee was. He is one of the restaurant managers and was EXTREMELY friendly and helpful. Lee gets a 5 star rating!

• Stayed March 2013
frederick
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I stayed here at the cozy spur of the moment one night. The buffet was terrible and after 2 calls to the front desk about no hot water for the jacuzzi still nothing!!! The price for the room was great but the service is below average. If u ever stay here DON'T pay the extra money for a cottage and eat at Rocky's Pizza up the street.

• Stayed February 2013

Travelers are raving about these Thurmont hotels

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

The cozy has great potential but definitely needs a room upgrade. The location is beautiful surrounded by trees and a good restaraunt with continental breakfast provided by the hotel. The cabins are quaint and make an excellent retreat. The hotel has a camp David presidential theme which is endearing. My only real complaint was that they ran out of towels at the front desk and were unapologetic.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to The Cozy Country Inn? Share your experiences!