“Good for the price.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Cozy Country Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Thurmont
The Cozy Country Inn
You added The Cozy Country Inn to your Saves list
103 Frederick Rd - Route 806, Thurmont, MD 21788   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Thurmont B&B and Inns
Culpeper, Virginia
“Good for the price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I was worried about what our trip might have in store for us, after reading some of the reviews on here. The people at the front desk were pleasant. I can see how one of the women could be read as unfriendly, but there was another woman who was very nice. The restaurant manager, who also helped us with the heat in our room, was a very nice gentleman as well.

We staid in The Churchill Cottage, since it had three beds with one in a separate room. We thought two of the beds were comfortable, but the third was pretty lumpy and awful. The heat worked well, but the water did heat slowly. The bathroom fan did not work so well and would sometimes sputter and quit. The place was pretty good overall though. I would not recommend going in the dead of winter, since there are cracks around the door. Because of these cracks, the summer/fall, especially when the bugs are bad, might not be the greatest either.

I think the most disappointing thing for us was their poor excuse for a continental breakfast. They had some pastries, granola, bread, and bagels. There was no fruit at all. We just found it really lacking compared to continental breakfasts at other places we've staid.

The restaurant at The Cozy was very nice. The staff was very lovely. None of us had the burger that everyone says is so good, but those of us who ate them liked the steak, surf and turf (steak and lobster tail), cream of broccoli soup, fried butterfly shrimp, and assorted pies in particular.

Since we went in the off season, the cottage was $70 each night, which we thought was an excellent price. There isn't really much to do around The Cozy, but we enjoyed going on day trips to Gettysburg from there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

This is one of my favorite inns of all time. The staff is so kind and the rooms are clean. There are cottages, rooms, and suites. All the rooms have special names related to Presidents and journalism. The breakfast is good. The price is reasonable and its truly a cozy inn. It is so close to Gettysburg.

• Stayed July 2012
Towson, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Great small town hotel! I was there for sol/business for a paranormal investigation. Great sized rooms next to a great restaurant. Good internet service. There was no pool or gym but that was ok i was there for work :)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Westminster, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

My husband and I booked the Reagan Cottage for two nights to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. The problems began as we checked in. I approached the front desk and stated I had a reservation. The woman at the front desk snapped at me and said "for what"? I stood there dumbfounded. After 10 minutes I left the lobby with room key in hand and silently prayed I wouldn't have to encounter this woman again.

The room was nice. Carpet was worn and torn in one area but was something I could live with. The room was chilly so we turned on the heat. We set the temp at 85 and it took over 24 hours for the room to warm up enough to be comfortable. The heat in the bathroom was broken so they had placed a small heater on the floor.

Once we had unpacked and settled in we headed for the bar. One of the reasons we had chosen the Cozy was that there was a restaurant and bar on the premises. We didn't want to drive any where during our stay. The bar was nice and Steve the bartender was friendly.

After a couple of drinks we went back to the room to enjoy the Jacuzzi. NO HOT WATER! We put a call into the front desk and within 10 min someone was there to fix the situation. We had to wait another 20 min for the water tank to heat up. Complete mood breaker. FYI: Even when the hot water is working correctly there isn't much of it so used wisely.

Day 2... something happened to the electricity in the restaurant so no lunch and no bar until almost 3pm.

The food at the buffet was less than stellar and way to expensive.

I would like to mention how wonderful Lee was. He is one of the restaurant managers and was EXTREMELY friendly and helpful. Lee gets a 5 star rating!

• Stayed March 2013
frederick
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

My fiancé and I stayed here at the cozy spur of the moment one night. The buffet was terrible and after 2 calls to the front desk about no hot water for the jacuzzi still nothing!!! The price for the room was great but the service is below average. If u ever stay here DON'T pay the extra money for a cottage and eat at Rocky's Pizza up the street.

• Stayed February 2013

Travelers are raving about these Thurmont hotels

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

The cozy has great potential but definitely needs a room upgrade. The location is beautiful surrounded by trees and a good restaraunt with continental breakfast provided by the hotel. The cabins are quaint and make an excellent retreat. The hotel has a camp David presidential theme which is endearing. My only real complaint was that they ran out of towels at the front desk and were unapologetic.

• Stayed October 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Ordered a margarita 'up', ice on the side. 15 minutes later a frozen margarita arrives. I told the waitress (?) that wasn't what I ordered, handing it back to her. Another 15 minutes pass, we stop the waitress & ask her 'where is the margarita'. She brings back another drink that was NOT a margarita, so I handed it back to her & asked for a glass of water w/lemon.

The menu's look like a 3 yr old created them, they are dirty & the food choices are terrible.

I asked the waitress if the french fries were greasy. She raved of them. We ordered the smothered french fries. They arrived saturated in so much oil that when I pressed them on the napkins it was soaked with grease. Waitress asked & I said 'I specifically asked you if they were greasy.'

The waitress was anything but attentive. We had to STOP her to get her attention, she was NOT prompt in a timely fashion in her service nor following up on our orders. She was given a tip to reflect her neglect.

NEVER DARKEN THIS RESTAURANTS DOORS, it is NOT worth the money nor the visit.

Room Tip: Pass this one by ...