“always comfortable, some special themed rooms, in room jaccuzi” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Cozy Country Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Thurmont
The Cozy Country Inn
103 Frederick Rd - Route 806, Thurmont, MD 21788   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Thurmont B&B and Inns
Culpeper
“always comfortable, some special themed rooms, in room jaccuzi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

have stayed here several times in several different rooms/cabins, all have been comfortable and well appointed, with differing amenities--- great place to "escape" the I-95 corridor
attached restaurant with very nice buffet (also reviewed)
not a place for those looking for swank or high-living, a simple "country" inn upgraded

Room Tip: browse the website for a room that fits your individual likes and needs, some are rather quirky and...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

50 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2011

The Cozy Inn in Thurmont, MD is a very nice facility that has seen better days and needs updating. The staff was more than helpful and the cabin we rented was nice for the price (approximately $70/night). Although the cabin was clean, the flowers on the wall were covered in dust and so the floor behind the mattress. We noticed because we strip beds everywhere we go now to check for nasty pests. The rest of the room was clean, it was just the behind the scenes items. The restaurant onsite is fantastic. The breakfast buffet on the weekends is well worth having. We also had dinner there one night which we ordered off the menu insted of the buffet. The burgers were excellent - not that frozen stuff. I would go back there again, as they were very appreciative when we told them about the dusty flowers, etc. As far as the place needing updating - the highway is right next to the road the Cozy is on and I guess they lost a lot of business when the highway was built. If you are looking for an inexpensive place to visit Gettysburg and surrounding area - try it out.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Akron, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

Before you read the whole review I want you all to know that this is not the Ritz. You can see from the website that this is more of a quaint and historic motel type setting, so nobody should be complaining about it not being 5 star. That being said, my parents and I have come here for 15 years now and its great each time! Each room is different but spacious (get the Johnson, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Clinton, Nixon or any of the cottage rooms). They are the same price as the others, so it's easy to make the choice! Some of them have king sized beds and could be the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. Breakfast is included (more on that later though) and the ambiance is wonderful. This hotel is great for people who really want a historic hotel, and not a modern hotel with plasma tv's. Although the tvs work great! They even let our little Yorkshire Terrier stay with us for $20, which is the only hotel in the area that would allow him. Dont worry, hes potty trained!

The only reason I wouldnt give this hotel a 5 is because of the breakfast situation on the weekends. Instead of the WONDERFUL continental breakfast you get in the lobby during the week, they give you a voucher to eat a few things at the buffet restaraunt next door. You can either have the limited sleection, (juice, coffee, toast, cereal, etc) or $1 off the price of the whole buffet, which is very pricey. $1 off?? Come on.....We always opt for the limited selection, but every time, the waiters have NO idea what we are talking about. And we show them the voucher as well! It's like they have never even talked to the hotel before that is right next door. Very strange. that this has been going on for so long and not once has a waiter ever understood the voucher!

However, if you eat at the hotel during the week, the lobby breakfast is amazing! Homemade breads, cereal, juice, coffee, pastries, etc.

We will be back!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Forest Hill, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

We stayed at the Cozy for 3 nights while reenacting @ Gettysburg. We were late making reservations and this was the closest place we could find. The Cozy is almost like half Bed and Breakfast and half hotel. They have deluxe and regular rooms as well as 1930's style cabins all with names honoring president, press corps, and various famous people who have stayed there over its 80 year history. The room was basic and the bed comfortable but it didn't have amenities like pillow top mattress, flat screen TV, etc. The room was decorated tastefully and was not your blah typical hotel room The room was scrupulously clean. The AC worked but was a old and was a little noisy. The Continental breakfast had 3 kinds of cream cheese but featured only cereal, bagels, apples,oranges, and homemade coffee cake. There were not many protein choices but they had gourmet style coffee. We ate breakfast at the breakfast buffet one day and it was good. There is not much for kids to do (no pool or gym) but we were happy and will stay there again

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Butler, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

Cozy is an Inn. It can almost be classified as a B&B, the rooms are that nice. Very romantic. We stayed two nights, and would have stayed longer given the opportunity. We reserved the Reuters Room with a gas fireplace and kingsize bed. Edie loves a big cushioned chair to relax and read; she got it. DID I SAY FREE WI-FI - oh yea! Close to many restaurants and fast food. There isn't much going on in downtown Thurmont, so relax and enjoy the Cozy Country Inn. DID I TELL YOU ABOUT THE "AAA" DISCOUNT? Show your AAA card, the discount is significantly better than most. Based on this site's recommendations we didn't eat at the Cozy restaurant. However, if you like Chinese, the Peking Palace in the Thurmont Plaza on N.Church St is a must. We will definitely return here on our next trip to Frederick, MD; but we're going to upgrade to an executive room for more frills.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Laurel, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2010

For about 115 a night I stayed in the Roosevelt Room over a weekend. The bed, while looking a little tacky, was very comfortable. The Jacuzzi could fit 4 people in it, and the entire room was quite comfy. The pictures on their website make it look much smaller than it actually is. I could hear folks walking around upstairs, or getting into bed, which was a little off putting, but I can't complain too much about that. It would be awkward if my wife was around, however...

The staff was very nice, I had to make some last minute changes and swap rooms, but they gave me no trouble at all in doing so.

The gift shop was a little unreasonable, $14.99 mugs? Come on! The girl working the check out was very nice though. The Camp David "museum" was cute, but smaller than expected. The restaurant/buffet was ok, a little pricey on the menu, but good food. I didn't sample the buffet because it did not really appeal to me. The service was great though.

All in all, for what I came out to do; hiking in Catoctin Mtn Park, I had a great time. After a real long day hike, the jacuzzi was awesome and the bed was very inviting. The town doesn't have too much to offer, but I am planning on bringing my wife back with me next time to try out some of the other executive rooms.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2010 via mobile

Staff was nice,but the place needs work.The food was bad,and was cold.The room,smelled funny,a/c was loud,my ankles had flea bites on them.I had to go to the CVS to get medicine

• Stayed July 2010

Been to The Cozy Country Inn? Share your experiences!