“Get place to get away!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 11 Attractions in Thurmont
Type: Parks, State Parks, Hiking Trails, Outdoors
Activities: Cross-country skiing, Fishing, Hiking
More attraction details
Owner description: You can't visit the Presidential retreat of Camp David here, but you can take advantage of the park's 25 miles of scenic hiking trails plus many outdoor activities including camping, fishing and picnicking.
Why
7 attraction reviews
“Get place to get away!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

My daughter and I made a visiting two years ago and the park was amazing. I've been to a number of State Parks in both PA and MD, but I've never seen the large number of wildlife that we came across that day. Tons of birds, small fish, lizards, deer, rabits, fox and even a young rattlesnake that had caught a fish and was fighting to kill, then eat it. However, the fish wasn't giving up that easy and the small rattler wasn't really sure how to swallow it. It was great to see this life struggle and it was happening right in front of us near the waterfall and stream. My girlfriend and I went back just recently and found that it hasn't changed, great wildlife and a really nice waterfall. Worth the hike!!!!!!

Visited May 2013

Frederick, Maryland
32 attraction reviews
“convenient and pretty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

I live in Frederick and go to CMP several times a year. I have hiked all the trails (yep, all), camped out in Locust Grove twice, and seen most every inch of the park. Those who trout fish might spend more time there than I have, but I have always found it to be a great get-away, especially when taking a dog.

Visited January 2013
Newton Falls, Ohio
45 attraction reviews
“great trails and more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We visited the park in Sept. and while it rained much of the time, we saw many beautiful views and enjoyed hiking.

Visited September 2012
Berkeley Springs, West Virginia
“Gorgeous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

My husband proposed on the trails here, lots of options for varying levels of hiking ability. Long and short hikes available. A beautiful little waterfall, but sometimes a bit crowded depending on the day.

Long Beach Island, New Jersey
18 attraction reviews
“Go for a hike!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Do you enjoy nspending time in nature? There are trails for just about all abilities and They have some great views.

Visited May 2012

Been to Catoctin Mountain Park? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Catoctin Mountain Park, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.