Chose La Quinta for our 5 night stay in September based on location, price (on a discount website) and TA reviews and we were very happy with the choice. Although there is a lot of construction, hence scaffolding etc, in the street out front and still apparently renovations going on in the foyer, neither bothered us too much. Neither did the frequently mentioned slow lifts or crowded breakfast room - it does pay to eat early though. Breakfast was basic but quite adequate and a staff member was in attendance to replenish breakfast foods as required. Included breakfast is a bonus for a city hotel these days, I think. The lifts are small and there are busy times I'm sure - just didn't happen to be a hassle when we needed a lift.
Location is very close to the Herald Square subway station which we used as our point of entry to the subway when we weren't exploring on foot. Plenty of restaurants and fast food outlets close by, either in the Penn Station direction or round the corner on 5th Avenue. Speedy's deli is very close and a reasonable priced option for a quick meal. We also ate at Cafe Martinique, just around the corner near the subway entrance - one time was at midnight after our nighttime viewing from the Empire State Building!
The rooftop bar is a great spot for a night time glimpse of the Empire State Building although it does get very crowded and the drinks are quite expensive. We don't like cigarette smoke and there were a few smokers on the terrace when we visited but it is nice to sit out on a balmy evening.
As previously mentioned, the bedrooms and ensuites are small but have all the essentials for the short time you spend in your room. Our room was on the 6th floor and very quiet and clean with a very comfortable bed. Staff were friendly and accommodating and we could not have been happier with our stay at La Quinta.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The La Quinta Manhattan offers clean and elegant accommodations with free wireless Internet access, a fitness center, a 24-hour business center, complimentary continental breakfast, free calls within the US and a lot more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, LaQuinta, Tingo, BookIt.com, EasyToBook, BookingOdigeoWL and Despegar.com so you can book your La Quinta Inn Manhattan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn Manhattan Hotel New York City
- La Quinta Hotel Manhattan
- La Quinta Manhattan
- La Quinta New York City
- New York City La Quinta