“A Gem In Mid Town!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Roosevelt Hotel

You added The Roosevelt Hotel to your Saves list
The Roosevelt Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 East 45th Street at Madison Avenue, New York City, NY 10017 (Manhattan)   |
Special Offer
Book Direct Special
Ranked #343 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Boston, Massachusetts
“A Gem In Mid Town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

A gem in the heart of Manhattan. Grand opulence in the lobby, a convenient location, a bar/lounge area with relatively reasonable offerings and a staff that is friendly, professional and well trained.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
rooseveltnyc, Guest Relations Manager at The Roosevelt Hotel, responded to this review, November 30, 2013
Thank you for your comments and review. We are happy to hear that your stay was made even more special by our friendly staff and central location. Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (704)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Bellman/doorman asks for tips and will not leave until get a tip!! What a disaster it is, especially for foreigners who don't have change for tip. Front Desk staff with a lot of attitude and no worm welcome at all. They gave me a favor by checking me in. Rooms very tiny and uncomfortable. Very old look, they are very outdated. I am not coming back for sure, this is typical one stay hotel and that's their policy. Internet very slow and expensive. IT guy sent to fix access point clueless, so called IT Manager, so he called his director. OH boy, this guy don't even know how to use a mac!! He was trying BS me and finally he told me my mac has a virus and nothing he can do, I need to get a new one. Room service terrible, took forever and I had some strange things in my food. They refused to investigate and refund money. There is no Cable TV. Only regular SD channels. Very outdated. Gym is another mistake, its like local gym for 5 people, when hotel is 1000+ rooms. Had to wait 1h for my turn to get inside!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your comments and review. Our apologies for any issues you encountered during your stay. ALL of your concerns will be addressed. Again our apologies and thank you for your feedback.
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

For starters, let me say that every single employee here that I encountered face to face was very friendly and helpful when needed. That made up for some of the worst hotel experience we have encountered. We stayed at the Roosevelt for 5 nights, departing yesterday.
Upon arrival, we exited the taxi with out luggage and received no bell help. Upon entering the hotel, we were faced with two sets of stairs to carry the luggage up. No sign told us that an elevator could be found down the hallway. We checked in (again no bell help offered) and went to our room, discovering it to be a bland King room directly across from the elevator. That meant a lot of dinging and voices as elevators came and went all day and night. We survived the first night just fine, even though the bathroom had no hot water until morning. But on night 2, we got neighbors, and they partied all night long. Not just in the room, but in the hallway too. I called security 3 times; they said they would send someone, but I never heard anyone or noticed a change in the party. The next morning we had to change rooms, not the offenders. No compensation of any kind was offered for our loss of a night's sleep. The new room was quieter, and we were able to finish the stay without incident. but I feel we paid for five nights of sleep and only got 4.

Room Tip: Do not stay in front of the elevator.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments and reviw. Our most sincer apologies for any issues you experienced during your most recent stay. All of your concerns will be immediately addressed. Again our apologies and thank you for your feedback.
Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We loved the Hotel! Only problem was trying trying to get directions when you are driving there.We had a rented car and were in NY for a wedding, reception in NJ, I called for directions and got disconnected the first time,the girl apologized and put me on hold, only to get hung up on again! I tried calling for 45 min and nobody ever answered the phone.After we finally got there ( no help from hotel) we found out that they will valet car for 24hours for about 60$( you can't take it out or they charge another 60$!) we checked out and asked directions to JFK from Concierge(I am a glutton for punishment apparently!) only to be told he doesn't have a car so he has no idea
about driving in the city...Really? I was born in NYC and never drove either, however I would like to think they would have map quested it and have a printout of directions available upon request.Same thought goes for directions from NJ,
Everything else was great!But customer service is about your GUESTS, nothing to do with your personal knowledge of driving in the city..sigh...
also,no pen in room to write, asked the housekeeper in the hall who gave me her pen and said they were on order but hadn't arrived yet...sigh...

Room Tip: if you are looking for view, make sure you ask for one, we looked at a rooftop.Beds are GREAT!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments and review. Our apologies for any issues you encountered regarding driving directions. Rest assure this will be immediately addressed. However, we are happy to hear that your overall stay was great. Again our apologies and thank you for your valuable feedback.
Erding, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Expansive , small Rooms, Four Several taxes , sometimes overcrowded, old well Interessed entrance Hall Lobby , Good Café Bar in hotel Rechable Distance .
Incentive Exhibition hotel a Lot of americans, near Broadway , near 42th. Direct Madison Street

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments and review. We are happy to hear that our central location help to make your overall stay enjoyable. Thanks again for your valuable feedback.
Warsaw, Poland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

For 350$ per night I have slept with my Bose noise cancelling headphones for 3 days. This is not a joke. After first day I asked to change the room especially as my pregnent wife could not sleep too. No answer at all. How come such a hotel has so old crapy windows? All nights you hear the garbage track like you are there on the street..while you are actually on the 15th floor of luxury hotel. And yet, renovated rooms is a really good joke..

Room Tip: I dont believe this hotel can offer any good room at all
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your comments and review. Our apologies for any issues you experienced during your stay especially regarding street noise. Yes, NYC is truly the city that never sleeps. The front desk does offer complementary sleep kits (ear plugs, sleep mask) for our sensitive sleepers. Again our apologies and thank you for your feedback.
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

To begin with I arrived in a tiny room, which can only be described as a small, dirty sauna. The radiator was broken and pumping out heat that meant the tiny pokey $219 a night room could not even be cooled down by the industrial sounding air conditioning. So I tried ringing ‘Guest Response’ on the phone to ask someone to switch of the radiator.

The phone did not work, so I headed down the 17 floors with my colleague who after encountering a few issues with the lift got us to the ground floor. The lady at the front desk addressed me very quickly and transferred me to a larger room which would hopefully resolve the issue of heat.

So the new room; the shower does not work properly, the mangy older radiator is thankfully switched off, but the air-con does not work despite making very loud endeavors. The room is still very hot and stuffy and the window cannot be opened . The phone in this room will also not allow me to ring ‘Guest Response’, ‘Concierge’ or ‘Room-service’ to complain or resolve it.

$14.95 for 24 hours wifi seems a bit steep also, although I know this is not a rare charge in New York.

The hotel needs serious maintenance and modernizing, to compliment a glamorous lobby, polite, courteous staff and an ideal location (view of Met Life building was cool).

Room Tip: A radiator that can be switched off, aircon that is not 20 years old. Avoid the tiny bedrooms
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments and review. Our most sincer apologies for any issues you encountered during your most recent stay. All of your concerns have been noted and will be addressed. Again our apologies and thank you for your feedback.

Been to The Roosevelt Hotel? Share your experiences!