“A wonderful little hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Giraffe

You added Hotel Giraffe to your Saves list
Hotel Giraffe
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   365 Park Ave S, At 26th Street, New York City, NY 10016   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
BOOK WITH 'TRIP' AND SAVE
Ranked #7 of 457 Hotels in New York City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York
“A wonderful little hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2007

One warning: there is construction going on across the street and so make sure they give you a room as high up as possible. Otherwise, a really lovely little hotel. The rooms are beautiful, there's a terrific continental breakfast in the morning, and the service is very good--when I complained about the noise they moved me to another room (although they did keep telling me "this is New York," which kind of irritated me since I was aware of what city I was in, thank you very much). I had a very comfortable two night stay and would definitely recommend it.

Stayed April 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (370)
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2007

I had a very nice experience at Hotel Giraffe. It's a boutique hotel, but without the pretentiousness of many such hotels in NYC. The staff was friendly and accomodating. The rooms are clean and decently sized (and have nice high ceilings). Even the continental breakfast is better than most.

Recommended.

• Stayed April 2007
South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2007

It was my third or fourth time staying in this charming yet elegant hotel. You can not beat great and consistent service. I do not know how they do it, staff is always pleasant, friendly and ready to help. My room was spotless, and I just love the chocolate they give you at night on your bedside. Breakfast is always a plus, and the wine hours during the afternoon is just such a plus.
My son is attending to NYU. Four the next four years I will sure to continue staying at the Giraffe.

• Stayed January 2007
Oakland, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2007

Hotel Giraffe is an amazing find in a city full of hotel options. This trip included my husband, who had meetings in the city, and myself. I did quite a bit of online research before I booked with Hotel Giraffe, and was not disappointed.

The location is perfect. The rooms are very nice - great bathrobes and slippers, flat-screen television and high speed/wireless internet connectivity. We had a king size deluxe room, which was really roomy and comfortable. The decor is tasteful, relaxing, and not overly stuffy. I loved the big dark wood doors.

The absolute best perks are the included continental breakfast, evening wine & cheese receptions, and coffee bar. Not only does it add tremendously to the value of your stay, but the food and drinks are of superior quality and the lobby is decorated beautifully. The staff was great - accommodating, approachable and professional.

Overall, Hotel Giraffe is an amazing value for NY city. It is certainly not inexpensive, but when you take into account the included ammenities, lovely accomodations and personal service, I don't think there is a better hotel. We will definitely stay there again.

• Liked — location and hotel accomodations
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Rochester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2007

We stayed at the Hotel Giraffe for the St. Patrick's day weekend. The staff was very friendly, and the ammenities great. They offer a free continental breakfast each morning, wine and cheese in the afternoon. It happened to be not so nice weather that weekend and the doorman passed out umbrellas at the front entrance to anyone who requested one.
I am quite picky when it comes to cleanliness and this hotel is spotless. We truely enjoyed our stay here and will recommend this hotel to others.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2007

My friend and I have just returned for a week long stay in the Hotel Giraffe and it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. The staff were friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was a definite bonus, each morning they offered a tastey selection of pastries, various types of bagels as well as fresh fruit and coffee - although you had be to be early to benefit from the full selection.
Our room twin room was very comfortable and had two dressing tables, which suits two women sharing. We didn't feel cramped, as the room was large and the closet size was adequate for our many purchases. We both loved the turndown service and the dark chocolate provided each night.
The hotel is conveniently located close to the subway, and I would advise anyone staying for a week to purchase a 7 day unlimited travel card for $24 it works out the most cost effective way of travelling as this can be used on buses too.
Will most definitely be visiting again in the not too distant future.

Stayed March 2007
East Hampton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2007

After travelling 8 hours to arrive in NYC. I brought in my Orbitz confirmation for a reservation. The cold response at the front desk was sorry we just booked our last room. They told me I could pay for a cab togo to their sister hotel and that hotel would would be happy to offer me a room for $60.00 more.

The "manager" was so indifferent that I thought I was on Candid Camera.

• Disliked — Manager poor training
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hotel Giraffe? Share your experiences!