“Great Location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Martinique on Broadway

You added Radisson Martinique on Broadway to your Saves list
Radisson Martinique on Broadway
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   49 West 32nd Street, New York City, NY 10001 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #216 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great Location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We had the pleasure of staying in the Radisson that is located in the shadow of the Empire State Building and Macy's flagship store. The rooms are spotlessly clean and comfortable. We noticed that many flight crews from LaGuardia were staying as well. We had no problem with noise. The rooms have no fridge or microwave but that didn't bother us. Every room has a Keurig for coffee and complimentary bottled water.I believe that you can request a fridge for your room if you need one. I would definitely stay again. There is a cafe in the lobby as well as access to the French restaurant Petit Poulet. This is a great place to stay at a reasonable price.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
  • Turkish first
Hot Springs, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Excellent location and close to subway. Excellent staff. Everyone we encountered was very helpful. The breakfast buffet was included in our stay and was very good but i would have never paid the full price for it. It was good but not 25 a person good. The rooms were very comfortable and large for a room in the city. Housekeeping staff was very efficient and kept the room well stocked.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Killearn, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

The welcome was warm. The upgrade was welcome. Penthouse suite on top floor was comfortable, clean and quite considering it's in the midst of bustling city. Nothing too much trouble to staff, reception, concierge, restaurant staff, door staff. Lovely experience! A great city to visit.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Uk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Just came back from stay at hotel... Location perfect tip: for exiting the subway as there is so many exits use the escalator at end of platform and cross over rd or go all the way on other end of platform to come out where hotel is.. This took me a few days to figure out what exit we need!

Be warned as hotel is huge staff and not very helpful except a few. When I checked in at 1530 my room was still not ready... I had asked for a high level floor which they had but hadn't prepared it for my arrival. Given I had emailed this request months in advance and they had the room not sure why it wasn't prepared. I ended up having to leave my luggage after a long flight and come back after 2 hour. When I came back I was told only the bell boy could get my luggage and he would bring it up for me as he wasn't around - hour later no luggage went downstairs to get it myself had to wait another half hour. Not impressed after a long flight

Overall as a solo traveller location appealed to me just don't expect any good service!

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

We stayed four nights at this hotel. We got a room with two beds, and it had a okay size for us two. Not much space for hanging clothes but we managed. Our room had a iron and a iron board, which was very good. Bathroom was small but okay. We got more than enough towels.

One day we found a note slipped under the door that we could not use the water since they were doing some repair of the pipes or something, and that we would be told when we could use it again. All day went, nobody told us anything. Had to go down to the reception and ask ourselves in the evening, and were told that of course we could use it.

The hotel has one big problem and that is elevators. They only have two working, out of three, and with 16 or 17 floors, you have to wait forever and they get overcrowded. I saw 25 people with suitcases waiting once, it seriously took forever.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Tempe, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Our family spent 3 days at this hotel recently, and found the room to be comfortable and large enough for two adults and two tweens (14 and 11) which surprised me considering NYC hotel rooms are usually very small. The bathroom was very spacious. Overall the room was clean and appointed nicely although electoral outlets were in awkward spaces and there weren't enough for our various devices. Beds were very comfortable after a long day of sightseeing. The doormen were pleasant and the concierge was very helpful in answering questions and providing us with the "get ahead of the line" passes for the Empire State Building (which was a quick 10 minute walk). My husband did complain about the thermostat which took awhile to regulate to a moderate temperature, but eventually figured it out. Housekeeping was a little erratic and one day our room went unserviced and was not clean when my husband returned from his meeting after 3:00 pm, but we made our own beds and just asked for clean towels and more coffee. One of the issues frequently mentioned on other reviews was how slow the elevators were; we were on the 12th floor and never had a problem, including during busy hours, so not sure what that's about. Location is fantastic; convenient to subway (which was easy to maneuver and safe during the daytime when we rode it) and within walking distance or short cab ride to Times Square. Definitely recommend Speedys cafe catty corner from the hotel for breakfast; good selection of delicious food very reasonably priced; we ate there every day. Kids split a plate with five pancakes, eggs and bacon for $8. I would definitely stay at this hotel again, we had a great visit!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Bellevue, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Stayed here when I was in town for the Super Bowl. Not a bad hotel and I used points for my stay, which was great because rates were higher than normal due to the Super Bowl. I would have given this property four or five stars, but the housekeeping leaves something to be desired. The first morning of my stay, despite having the "do not disturb" sign on my door, I was woken up fairly early in the morning by someone from housekeeping (I think they said something about coffee) trying to enter my room! Luckily, I had locked my door, so they couldn't get in, but it was a very unpleasant way to be woken up. Later in the morning, when I heard someone trying to get into my room again, and this time it was the maid trying to do housekeeping. They couldn't get in because I had locked the latch, and thank goodness, because they could have walked in on me without proper clothing! But how did the staff ignore the "do not disturb" sign and try to force their way into my room? I definitely recommend using the extra locks on your doors to make sure you are not intruded upon. The second day, I left for lunch, and I came back to my room and the maid was sitting on my bed watching television... It was very awkward and she sheepishly finished her housekeeping in my room and then left. The location of the hotel is fine, the front desk staff was very friendly, and overall my room was fine too which is what saved the hotel from receiving a lower rating, but I cannot get over how unprofessional and intrusive the housekeeping staff was. I felt uncomfortable leaving any valuables in my room.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Been to Radisson Martinique on Broadway? Share your experiences!