“Nice place and location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Martinique on Broadway

Save Saved
You added Radisson Martinique on Broadway to your Saves list
Radisson Martinique on Broadway
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   49 West 32nd Street, New York City, NY 10001 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Savings of 15%
Ranked #207 of 451 hotels in New York City
minnesota
“Nice place and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

The Radisson is pretty nicely located. It's around 4 blocks from Macy's and 8 or so blocks from the Flatiron building. The lobby always seemed busy, so it was not a peaceful mindset, but who hangs out in the lobby anyway? The room was small, but I have yet to see a big room in NYC that doesn't cost a fortune anyway. It was nicely decorated and I actually had a room with a window that allowed me to see the city rather than a brick wall! I was there for business, so I didn't have to pay the normal price otherwise I wouldn't have stayed there out of my own pocket.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

1,704 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed @ this hotel the weekend of feb 22nd. we stayed in a king size room and I couldn't of been more pleased. The room was very big (rare find in a nyc hotel), very clean, quiet, and best of all we had a sleep number bed. What other hotel has a sleep number bed?!! The staff was helpful as well. The location is great. we love Korean food and there were so many quite restaurants in that area to choose from. We couldn't have asked for a better hotel in a better location. We will most definitely stay here again and will recommend this hotel to our friends. The only negative was the 4pm check in time. It would be nice to check in earlier but they did offer to hold our luggage at no cost till we could get into our room

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
milton keynes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

we had a wonderful 4 nights on feb 17th 2014 here the staff were very attentive and could not do enough for us..
the reception staff were helpful in telling us the best places to visit, we will be back. the hotel is right around the corner to Macys, and the subway is right next to the hotel ,which took us where ever we needed to go.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Goteborg, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

Located on walking distance to Macy's, Times Square and Emipire State Building.
It is a typical business chain hotel with really no surprises but reliable.
We got upgraded to executive level, not sure what that really meant except for some apples and muslibars in the floor's lounge area.
The room had a good size for NYC. Two comfortable queens, coffe machine, a desk, closet and fairly large bathroom. I guess we got one of the renovated rooms. Enough for our family of four.
A/C inconsistent. No central heating system.
The bathroom had a combine bathtub with shower. Showerhead hang loose from wall. Some sort of heating lamp in the ceiling - on timer.
Amenities came from Rituals. Kind of cheap to only give us one of each for a family of four.
Loads of towels though!
Ordered food from room service. Cobb Salad and hamburgers, good nothing to complain about!

Concierge service given was efficient and reliable. Front desk kind of informal but still service minded.

Only two elevators were operating and they were slooow, make sure not to forget anything in room when getting out....

For breakfast try Speedy's across the street. Fresh and much cheaper than the hotel. We even had some take-away from there for dinner when the kids were too exhausted to go out. The Korean foodcourt a couple of minutes away by foot also had some really nice, affordable food.

We got at good deal through Club Carlson and therefor happy with our stay, as reflected in my rating. However, I am not very fond of the location, sure it is close to some tourist stuff but it is really hard to find nice restaurants (unless you like Korean as the hotel is situated on a Korean street) or boutiques around. I prefer to stay further south close to Union Square. Due to this I would chose another location next time in town.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
St. Catharines, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

We arrived to discover there was no onsite parking, or a walkway to connect to hotel. Its across the street, which is horrible when its raining and you have luggage. The hotel looks like a construction zone from the outside, but is beautiful when you get in. Lobby was inviting, as well as the staff. The room was very nice and large, however no view. We were excited to be on the top penthouse floor, but sadly you look out both windows to see concrete and roof debry. Very disapointing. We had requested an early check in, the FD agent, called to see when the room would be ready, she said to come back at 130pm. We waited about another 25 mintues, and than got our room still before 3pm check in, we were very grateful. We did not use anything on site, just slept there. We walked around the area, but not much to see unless you go for along walk. Would not recommend this location if you are there to sight see. I will say though that the room and hotel were beautiful, and also learned this location is a huge piece of history. We were delighted to be given a box of chocolates by the manager at our door around dinner as well. Nice touch :)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

A building with beautiful architectural history. Walking into the lobby and you'd see intricate hand-laid mosaic art tiled floor. You walk into the elevator lobby and right behind you is a circular spiral stairwell - look up and you thought you went to the Leaning Tower of Pisa in Rome or a miniature Guggenheim Museum in much smaller scale but much taller! Slabs of terra cotta colored marble with veins that you just don't get to see much often anymore - and some are even carved with a curve to fit the staircase - simply amazing detail.

Very proper (in some ways). Bell Captain/Concierge, Front Desk and Security... Maybe because of the location that is in the heart of the city, it's 2-blocks from Penn Station and it's a densely tourist area a few blocks uptown. There's always someone at the front entrance to screen who's in/out of the hotel.

However, during my few days:

1.) While I was smoking on the curb, someone thought that I was Korean. Asked me about something in Korean at 1:00AM. I said I didn't understand, he walked off... what could a person ask at this time of the hour?!?

2.) Twice with someone in the elevator with me in separate occasions. Both were at the lobby wandering and roaming/waiting around. Not going out of the hotel but neither greeting anyone because outside was still freezing. None had coats or winter gear on them. I noticed as I have my cigarette breaks on the curb.

3.) Maybe because of my room rate, fortunate me that the front desk assigned a room that was on a level that's under renovation on new wallpaper covering. There was a pungent odor in the hallway is either the glue of the wallpaper or someone haven't showered for days or a huge amounts of latex rubber around somewhere.

4.) What's amazing, even with brick/concrete walls separating the rooms. On one early evening, it felt like I was in a love motel... I turned up music very loud and it still kept going. I had to scream on top of my lungs and there was some peace and quiet.

I have to say that the beds are very comfortable. Not as soft as most US hotels are. Many flight crew stays in the hotel... but on other levels of the building.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
TaraWilliams, Manager at Radisson Martinique on Broadway, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Greetings from the Radisson Martinique,

As a member of Historic Hotels of America, we are very proud of the Hotel’s architecture and colorful past. To know you appreciated all of our subtle details means the world to us.

Your comments regarding our busy late-night neighborhood do not surprise me. Our location on 32nd Street is considered one of the top late-night destinations in New York City. The NY Times wrote “the neighborhood draws well-coiffed crowds to its 24-hour restaurants, beauty spas and karaoke bars.” And Esquire Magazine considers the Seafood Pajun at New Wonjo one of the best late-night foods in the USA.

In the city that never sleeps, the Radisson Martinique is an oasis of relaxation. With sleep quality regarded so highly by travelers, it is wonderful you enjoyed you bed comfort. However, I am sorry our newly installed wallpaper disrupted your visit. It is our intention to refresh and revitalize your stay, not inconvenience it. Please accept our sincerest apologies.

Warm regards,
Tara Williams
Radisson Martinique Management Team
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

The Radisson Martinique was impeccable in so many obvious ways: spacious, quiet room, great , helpful, informative concierges, polite and smiling desk hospitality, kind doormen, copious breakfast buffet, not to mention the neat location close to Macy, the Empire State building, Broadway theaters and Lord's and Taylor (a classy shopping venue). On the night after St. Valentine's Day, a fire alarm kicked my 84 year old Mom and I from bed, at 3:00 am. We went on the icy street and my sleepy parent slipped and fell, hurting her hip. The following morning we related the incident to the acting manager, who probably already had an earful of complaints, and got a few tired, monotone words of empathy. We already had access to the breakfast buffet for the week, but maybe, let's say, a comforting complimentary glass of wine would have been a gracious balm on a dreary experience that left Mom somewhat indisposed afterwards. A little below the mark of excellence and class, we thought, Radisson Martinique.

Room Tip: Choose a quiet room.