A building with beautiful architectural history. Walking into the lobby and you'd see intricate hand-laid mosaic art tiled floor. You walk into the elevator lobby and right behind you is a circular spiral stairwell - look up and you thought you went to the Leaning Tower of Pisa in Rome or a miniature Guggenheim Museum in much smaller scale but much taller! Slabs of terra cotta colored marble with veins that you just don't get to see much often anymore - and some are even carved with a curve to fit the staircase - simply amazing detail.
Very proper (in some ways). Bell Captain/Concierge, Front Desk and Security... Maybe because of the location that is in the heart of the city, it's 2-blocks from Penn Station and it's a densely tourist area a few blocks uptown. There's always someone at the front entrance to screen who's in/out of the hotel.
However, during my few days:
1.) While I was smoking on the curb, someone thought that I was Korean. Asked me about something in Korean at 1:00AM. I said I didn't understand, he walked off... what could a person ask at this time of the hour?!?
2.) Twice with someone in the elevator with me in separate occasions. Both were at the lobby wandering and roaming/waiting around. Not going out of the hotel but neither greeting anyone because outside was still freezing. None had coats or winter gear on them. I noticed as I have my cigarette breaks on the curb.
3.) Maybe because of my room rate, fortunate me that the front desk assigned a room that was on a level that's under renovation on new wallpaper covering. There was a pungent odor in the hallway is either the glue of the wallpaper or someone haven't showered for days or a huge amounts of latex rubber around somewhere.
4.) What's amazing, even with brick/concrete walls separating the rooms. On one early evening, it felt like I was in a love motel... I turned up music very loud and it still kept going. I had to scream on top of my lungs and there was some peace and quiet.
I have to say that the beds are very comfortable. Not as soft as most US hotels are. Many flight crew stays in the hotel... but on other levels of the building.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern Hotel with French Renaissance exterior & traditional interior, housed in building dating from 1897. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Venere so you can book your Radisson Martinique on Broadway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Martinique On Broadway Hotel New York City
- Radisson Martinique Broadway
- Radisson Hotel New York City
- Radisson Martinique Hotel
- Radisson New York City
- New York City Radisson
- Radisson Martinique New York
- Radisson Manhattan
- Holiday Inn Martinique