“Lovely stay but...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #194 of 463 Hotels in New York City
Toronto, Canada
“Lovely stay but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

The Radisson Martinique was impeccable in so many obvious ways: spacious, quiet room, great , helpful, informative concierges, polite and smiling desk hospitality, kind doormen, copious breakfast buffet, not to mention the neat location close to Macy, the Empire State building, Broadway theaters and Lord's and Taylor (a classy shopping venue). On the night after St. Valentine's Day, a fire alarm kicked my 84 year old Mom and I from bed, at 3:00 am. We went on the icy street and my sleepy parent slipped and fell, hurting her hip. The following morning we related the incident to the acting manager, who probably already had an earful of complaints, and got a few tired, monotone words of empathy. We already had access to the breakfast buffet for the week, but maybe, let's say, a comforting complimentary glass of wine would have been a gracious balm on a dreary experience that left Mom somewhat indisposed afterwards. A little below the mark of excellence and class, we thought, Radisson Martinique.

Room Tip: Choose a quiet room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
TaraWilliams, Manager at Radisson Martinique on Broadway, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Greetings our Canadian Friends,

First and foremost, congratulations on both your Hockey Gold Metals! The games were exhilarating.

In my 15 years at the Radisson Martinique, I cannot recall such an event as occurred on Valentine’s Day. While candles are romantic, not when unattended. Please accept our deepest apologies for your ordeal. If you would like to share additional details of your stay, we welcome the chance to discuss your experience further. Please contact me directly at 212-736-3800.

Radisson Martinique Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Stayed here this past week. Great experience. Can't say enough good about this hotel and it's staff. Everyone tries really hard, are friendly, and all their efforts pay off too.
David Eaton and his staff are great to deal with too.
Highly recommend this hotel for its location and it's service too. Very clean and safe.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
St. John's, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

This is perhaps our fifth stay at this hotel, and as always, our expectations are met.
Service is great and very friendly. Staff aim to please.
David Eaton and his team are fabulous, and really do care about your experience.
Rooms are well appointed, clean, and generally feel very safe and secure.
We will be back!

Stayed February 2014
Washington, DC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

My Fiancee surprised me to a trip to NYC for VDay weekend and long story short, because she got a deal through Travelzoo; location is the ONLY reason why paying $170 was worth staying here. Location was great but that is ALL I have to say about the hotel.

The bath tub had mold build up in between the tiles, the rooms were small (well.... big for NY standards), the breakfast is RIDICULOUSLY over priced and only mediocre.

I am not the type of reviewer to nit pick at anything (reference my other reviews) so for me to give this at best 2 stars, says a lot.

The hotel staff at the restaurant do not have enough manners to even say "excuse me" when they bump into you to get through to the kitchen and the bell guy had us waiting 20 minutes before even being helped when picking up our bags.

Long story short, I would not stay at this hotel again and pay full price. It was a good deal, a one night stay and location was great.

I will look for another hotel next time I visit NYC.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
TaraWilliams, Manager at Radisson Martinique on Broadway, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Greetings Gina,

I can only imagine your excitement upon receiving such a wonderful Valentine’s Day surprise. On behalf of our team, please allow me apologize for your less than romantic stay. Each concern has been addressed with our Housekeeping Department and Restaurant Manager. Your comments will be used to help enhance our future customer service.

We would love to have you back to celebrate your next joyous occasion. Please contact me directly at 212-736-3800 to discuss your next New York City adventure.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Warmest regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

Really i ve enjoyed my stay in this place all r friendly people , very good place rooms r good , the location is perfect and more classy than times square , near to 34 and herald square near to macys n jcpenny , all the area is full of services it was awesome

Stayed January 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is right next to 34th st herald sq subway station. Close to everything. Comfortable bed & clean and spacy rooms. We got a room on 16th floor with great view. Friendly staff. We totally enjoyed our stay here & will come back next time we're in NYC!
Breakfast buffet was not worth 25$ so have breakfast at Speedy's across the street. Thats the only minus, skip breakfast in the hotel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hainburg an der Donau, Austria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I have spent most of my professional life in hotels all over the planet as an airline pilot - this hotel is below standard: inadequate heating, hotel room stayed in the mid-tens (centigrade) although the air conditioning unit was set to 25 deg C. The old-fashioned, window-mounted unit just dispensed cold air. Had to wear socks in bed and other guests I talked to had the same problem.

On one of my stays a strong chemical (chlorine smell) was used to disinfect the room. The odor caused nausea so I requested another room. Staff is very polite but the owner obviously has never spent a night in this hotel.

In case of a fire I wonder if a guest makes it to the emergency exits. The floor plan is really confusing. In my humble opinion, spending my life in hotel rooms, this is just not worth the money although some tourists will value to location in mid Manhattan.

Room Tip: Just don´t book it.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
TaraWilliams, Manager at Radisson Martinique on Broadway, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Good day Captain,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us.

Our staff is always available to rectify any issue you may encounter. I am glad you found our team members polite and hope your new room was satisfactory.

We take safety seriously and thank you for your observations. In addition to our guestroom emergency floor plans, each hallway is equipped with illuminated exit and stairway lighting, as well as speaker system directly linked to our Security Department. I case of any emergency, instructions would be conveyed and staff would available to assist.

Upon your next scheduled layover, please do not hesitate to bring your needs to our attention. We welcome the opportunity to resolve any limitations immediately.

Radisson Martinique Management Team

Been to Radisson Martinique on Broadway? Share your experiences!