“Great location, good NYC value” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 15%
Ranked #201 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Great location, good NYC value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Traveled with my wife and two teenage kids. Nice Mid Town location. Subway 50 feet from front entrance. All staff very attentive throughout stay. Upgraded to Matinque level for 50/night. I reccommend this. Breakfast and a free cockail each day included. Nice Buffet Breakfast, quick service, not worth 25 bucks though. Rooms clean and comfortable. Very quite. Walls in this historic building seem thick. Slept well, the little we slept. We walked to Times Sqaure, Empire State Building, Rockefeller Center, Theater District but could easily take Subway to/from all if we wanted to. Easy and cheap subway ride to lower Manhattan and Bronx as well. Parking across the street for 38/night not bad for NYC. Would and will definitely stay here on our next visit.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Matinque Club level. Worth $54/night. If you do not upgrade, go to Speedys across the s...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (210)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Rome, Lazio, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Located midtown, metro stop 15meters from the entrance; rooms will equipped with coffee machine water and internet for free. A lot of nice place where to eat. Check in was a little bit slow. High speed internet not free (12 dollars per day). Breakfast is expensive (25 usd per person), we went throug the several places around the hotel. I suggest you to come here.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

This hotel is in a great Location , shops on your doorstep and a short walk to times square and the empire state is round the corner!!

Rooms are pretty big we had 2 queen beds in our room, we were on the 16th floor thought we might get a view from the window but we must of been the wrong end we got a brick wall, but no problem in NYC we spent most of the day out and about.

Staff were friendly and helpful, only thing i would say is there's coffee in the room no tea ( no big deal but i do like a cup of tea) !!

Great little gym downstairs never had anyone using the equipment when we went down, thats always a plus for me a decent gym!!

Room Tip: ask for a view!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Recently visited NYC for some sightseeing with and needed two rooms. I spent weeks searching for the perfect hotel for my sisters first NYC visit without breaking the bank. I had stayed at several hotels during previous visits, all tiny rooms. If booking on the radisson website be sure to check "all brands" so the Martinque will appear. This hotel is in a great location , (near Empire State Building and Times Square,) with wonderful rooms and service. If possible upgrade to the executive level. The rooms are large with a couch/sitting area. We had connecting rooms arranged by an email request that was responded to with appreciated kindness. I can't say enough about this hotel and have such comfort in knowing I have a found a great hotel at a reasonable price to return to.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor, and upgrade to executive level
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Wow - all I can say is - wow!

From the front desk, who worked closely with me to get a room that could accommodate a rollaway (I checked in with my sons, who are 6'4" and 6'6"!) bed, to the gentleman who brought our rollaway to our room (when I asked if the water was complimentary, he rushed back to bring me a bag full, PLUS extra sets of towels, which I needed, but hadn't asked for), to the housekeeper who, on my way out one day, said "Good Morning!" and asked if I needed any service that morning - every staff member was stupendous.

I stay at hotels at least a dozen times a year, and I've never gushed. But, I was expecting a small-ish (typical NYC room), with a bit of a musty smell, or an obvious re-modeling of an aged building. I was shocked to find a sizable room, with beautiful appointments, lovely QUEEN SIZED beds (though the double rooms were advertised as full-sized beds), a fairly spacious and nicely furnished bathroom.

Truly, truly - this hotel exceeded my expectations in every way. THANK YOU for making my stay so wonderful!

Whatever you do when you train new employees, KUDOS to you for doing such a wonderful job! I've never been to a place where each and every employee went out of his way to be pleasant, helpful, and kind!

Bandar Seri Begawan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

My one night stay at Radisson Martinique after a long flight from Singapore, was to say the least underwhelming. From the unimpressive hotel entrance, to the public areas which are in great need of an overhaul and refurbishment. Service was patchy, and a far cry from the service slogan of the Radisson hotels "Yes I can". When I asked to borrow a power adapter for my mobile phone charger, I was told Housekeeping did not have any, and I could buy from the lobby shop.
The room I got on the 18th floor was decent enough, but this is definitely at best a 4 star hotel in need of sprucing up
However, if its location you are after, there is much to commend this hotel: just next door to subway, on same street as bustling Korea town, minutes away from Empire State Building and NY largest Department Store MACYs

Room Tip: This hotel has over 500 rooms so many must be small dark and pokey. Choose a room on the upper level...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Sarasota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I got this bidding a discount website didnt know what to expect. An old hotel (Landmark) but impeccibly restored. The room was somewhat small(not tiny) but very-up-to date, bathroom stocked with upscale amenties The staff was very pleasant. It's on a very busy street packed exclusively with Korean restaurants.....not an issue for me but a VERY busy street. In all I was very satified with my experience. Definitely got my money's worth.

Room Tip: Low floors likely to be a bit noisy...I stayed near the top
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business