“Very good position (october 2013)” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 15%
Ranked #200 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Rome, Lazio, Italy
“Very good position (october 2013)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Located midtown, metro stop 15meters from the entrance; rooms will equipped with coffee machine water and internet for free. A lot of nice place where to eat. Check in was a little bit slow. High speed internet not free (12 dollars per day). Breakfast is expensive (25 usd per person), we went throug the several places around the hotel. I suggest you to come here.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

This hotel is in a great Location , shops on your doorstep and a short walk to times square and the empire state is round the corner!!

Rooms are pretty big we had 2 queen beds in our room, we were on the 16th floor thought we might get a view from the window but we must of been the wrong end we got a brick wall, but no problem in NYC we spent most of the day out and about.

Staff were friendly and helpful, only thing i would say is there's coffee in the room no tea ( no big deal but i do like a cup of tea) !!

Great little gym downstairs never had anyone using the equipment when we went down, thats always a plus for me a decent gym!!

Room Tip: ask for a view!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Recently visited NYC for some sightseeing with and needed two rooms. I spent weeks searching for the perfect hotel for my sisters first NYC visit without breaking the bank. I had stayed at several hotels during previous visits, all tiny rooms. If booking on the radisson website be sure to check "all brands" so the Martinque will appear. This hotel is in a great location , (near Empire State Building and Times Square,) with wonderful rooms and service. If possible upgrade to the executive level. The rooms are large with a couch/sitting area. We had connecting rooms arranged by an email request that was responded to with appreciated kindness. I can't say enough about this hotel and have such comfort in knowing I have a found a great hotel at a reasonable price to return to.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor, and upgrade to executive level
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Wow - all I can say is - wow!

From the front desk, who worked closely with me to get a room that could accommodate a rollaway (I checked in with my sons, who are 6'4" and 6'6"!) bed, to the gentleman who brought our rollaway to our room (when I asked if the water was complimentary, he rushed back to bring me a bag full, PLUS extra sets of towels, which I needed, but hadn't asked for), to the housekeeper who, on my way out one day, said "Good Morning!" and asked if I needed any service that morning - every staff member was stupendous.

I stay at hotels at least a dozen times a year, and I've never gushed. But, I was expecting a small-ish (typical NYC room), with a bit of a musty smell, or an obvious re-modeling of an aged building. I was shocked to find a sizable room, with beautiful appointments, lovely QUEEN SIZED beds (though the double rooms were advertised as full-sized beds), a fairly spacious and nicely furnished bathroom.

Truly, truly - this hotel exceeded my expectations in every way. THANK YOU for making my stay so wonderful!

Whatever you do when you train new employees, KUDOS to you for doing such a wonderful job! I've never been to a place where each and every employee went out of his way to be pleasant, helpful, and kind!

Bandar Seri Begawan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

My one night stay at Radisson Martinique after a long flight from Singapore, was to say the least underwhelming. From the unimpressive hotel entrance, to the public areas which are in great need of an overhaul and refurbishment. Service was patchy, and a far cry from the service slogan of the Radisson hotels "Yes I can". When I asked to borrow a power adapter for my mobile phone charger, I was told Housekeeping did not have any, and I could buy from the lobby shop.
The room I got on the 18th floor was decent enough, but this is definitely at best a 4 star hotel in need of sprucing up
However, if its location you are after, there is much to commend this hotel: just next door to subway, on same street as bustling Korea town, minutes away from Empire State Building and NY largest Department Store MACYs

Room Tip: This hotel has over 500 rooms so many must be small dark and pokey. Choose a room on the upper level...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Sarasota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I got this bidding a discount website didnt know what to expect. An old hotel (Landmark) but impeccibly restored. The room was somewhat small(not tiny) but very-up-to date, bathroom stocked with upscale amenties The staff was very pleasant. It's on a very busy street packed exclusively with Korean restaurants.....not an issue for me but a VERY busy street. In all I was very satified with my experience. Definitely got my money's worth.

Room Tip: Low floors likely to be a bit noisy...I stayed near the top
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jersey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The Hotels location is possibly the best thing. Its right on the Broadway just next to the Herald Square subway station in Korea Town. Its less than 10 minutes waling distance away from Penn Station and Empire State Building and also very close to Times Square. there are some good parks nearby and also the subway connects to almost all parts of the city. We were able to go to Central Park and Brooklyn Bridge with no necessary changes. The staff is very welcoming and professional. Check in and check out was quick and smooth. All other staff members in the Housekeeping and Front of the house staff were friendly.
We had a twin double room and while the room was spacious (for New York) the toilet was tiny and we mean tiny. for a family room we could not fit two of us and if one was using the toilet then the other could not pass to to to the bath or shower. the room itself was very comfortable and the Kruig coffee maker was a nice touch. free WIFI was provided for free. We had a room only option and would not be able to comment on hotels breakfast but there are around 3 eating options - Brassierie Petit Poulet, Martinique Cafe, and a Korean Restaurant. we had dinner in the Brassieria and it was an alright experience but the the lunch in the cafe was ruined by over eager table cleaners. there were about 4/ 5 of them who just kept coming to the table and trying to take our unfinished plates away. we heard that the Korean restaurant was an award winner but we dint get a change to dine there. Instead we tried some places outside. there is an excellent Bakery by the name of Tous Les Jour who dees great sandwiches, there is also Hanok Food Gallery for some inexpensive korean and other oriental food from various stall holders. there are some good breakfast places (we tried the bakery again and also a place on the corner which i think was called the speedys where you pay for buffet by weight but with great options eg lots of fruit and yoghurt as well as the usual fare).
there is not a lot to do in the hotel for kids abut once outside there is plenty of open spaces and parks nearby. i would recommend this hotel for a short stay and for the location but get the feeling that with some research and luck there might be better option specially for a bit more kid friendly place.