“Finally a 'go to' NYC hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Martinique on Broadway

You added Radisson Martinique on Broadway to your Saves list
Radisson Martinique on Broadway
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   49 West 32nd Street, New York City, NY 10001 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Enjoy Savings of 15%
Ranked #217 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Boston
“Finally a 'go to' NYC hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Recently visited NYC for some sightseeing with and needed two rooms. I spent weeks searching for the perfect hotel for my sisters first NYC visit without breaking the bank. I had stayed at several hotels during previous visits, all tiny rooms. If booking on the radisson website be sure to check "all brands" so the Martinque will appear. This hotel is in a great location , (near Empire State Building and Times Square,) with wonderful rooms and service. If possible upgrade to the executive level. The rooms are large with a couch/sitting area. We had connecting rooms arranged by an email request that was responded to with appreciated kindness. I can't say enough about this hotel and have such comfort in knowing I have a found a great hotel at a reasonable price to return to.

Room Tip: Request a higher floor, and upgrade to executive level
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Wow - all I can say is - wow!

From the front desk, who worked closely with me to get a room that could accommodate a rollaway (I checked in with my sons, who are 6'4" and 6'6"!) bed, to the gentleman who brought our rollaway to our room (when I asked if the water was complimentary, he rushed back to bring me a bag full, PLUS extra sets of towels, which I needed, but hadn't asked for), to the housekeeper who, on my way out one day, said "Good Morning!" and asked if I needed any service that morning - every staff member was stupendous.

I stay at hotels at least a dozen times a year, and I've never gushed. But, I was expecting a small-ish (typical NYC room), with a bit of a musty smell, or an obvious re-modeling of an aged building. I was shocked to find a sizable room, with beautiful appointments, lovely QUEEN SIZED beds (though the double rooms were advertised as full-sized beds), a fairly spacious and nicely furnished bathroom.

Truly, truly - this hotel exceeded my expectations in every way. THANK YOU for making my stay so wonderful!

Whatever you do when you train new employees, KUDOS to you for doing such a wonderful job! I've never been to a place where each and every employee went out of his way to be pleasant, helpful, and kind!

Bandar Seri Begawan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

My one night stay at Radisson Martinique after a long flight from Singapore, was to say the least underwhelming. From the unimpressive hotel entrance, to the public areas which are in great need of an overhaul and refurbishment. Service was patchy, and a far cry from the service slogan of the Radisson hotels "Yes I can". When I asked to borrow a power adapter for my mobile phone charger, I was told Housekeeping did not have any, and I could buy from the lobby shop.
The room I got on the 18th floor was decent enough, but this is definitely at best a 4 star hotel in need of sprucing up
However, if its location you are after, there is much to commend this hotel: just next door to subway, on same street as bustling Korea town, minutes away from Empire State Building and NY largest Department Store MACYs

Room Tip: This hotel has over 500 rooms so many must be small dark and pokey. Choose a room on the upper level...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Sarasota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I got this bidding a discount website didnt know what to expect. An old hotel (Landmark) but impeccibly restored. The room was somewhat small(not tiny) but very-up-to date, bathroom stocked with upscale amenties The staff was very pleasant. It's on a very busy street packed exclusively with Korean restaurants.....not an issue for me but a VERY busy street. In all I was very satified with my experience. Definitely got my money's worth.

Room Tip: Low floors likely to be a bit noisy...I stayed near the top
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jersey, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The Hotels location is possibly the best thing. Its right on the Broadway just next to the Herald Square subway station in Korea Town. Its less than 10 minutes waling distance away from Penn Station and Empire State Building and also very close to Times Square. there are some good parks nearby and also the subway connects to almost all parts of the city. We were able to go to Central Park and Brooklyn Bridge with no necessary changes. The staff is very welcoming and professional. Check in and check out was quick and smooth. All other staff members in the Housekeeping and Front of the house staff were friendly.
We had a twin double room and while the room was spacious (for New York) the toilet was tiny and we mean tiny. for a family room we could not fit two of us and if one was using the toilet then the other could not pass to to to the bath or shower. the room itself was very comfortable and the Kruig coffee maker was a nice touch. free WIFI was provided for free. We had a room only option and would not be able to comment on hotels breakfast but there are around 3 eating options - Brassierie Petit Poulet, Martinique Cafe, and a Korean Restaurant. we had dinner in the Brassieria and it was an alright experience but the the lunch in the cafe was ruined by over eager table cleaners. there were about 4/ 5 of them who just kept coming to the table and trying to take our unfinished plates away. we heard that the Korean restaurant was an award winner but we dint get a change to dine there. Instead we tried some places outside. there is an excellent Bakery by the name of Tous Les Jour who dees great sandwiches, there is also Hanok Food Gallery for some inexpensive korean and other oriental food from various stall holders. there are some good breakfast places (we tried the bakery again and also a place on the corner which i think was called the speedys where you pay for buffet by weight but with great options eg lots of fruit and yoghurt as well as the usual fare).
there is not a lot to do in the hotel for kids abut once outside there is plenty of open spaces and parks nearby. i would recommend this hotel for a short stay and for the location but get the feeling that with some research and luck there might be better option specially for a bit more kid friendly place.

Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Booked this hotel when our existing booking in another hotel had gone belly up due to liquidation! We were travelling to NYC as we both turned 30 a few months previous. We told the hotel of this the week we were due to arrive and they arranged an upgrade before we had even arrived there. On arriving , we were delayed for hours with flights etc and arrived about 7 hours later than planned. So we were wrecked at this stage. How delighted were we when we got to our room on the 17th floor. Our executive room on the penthouse floor was massive, we were used to small NYC hotel rooms so anything bigger than this would have been welcomed. What we got was brilliant, massive couch / lounge area with couch and armchairs, big flat screen tv , king size bed and lots of floor space and looking out at Empire State Building. And we also arrived to two birthday cakes waiting for us in our room. A lovely touch after a very long day.

We also got free breakfast included which was very good as very big choice. Had something different every day and quite easy to have a healthy breakfast. We also got two complimentary drinks every day in the bar which we didn't expect. Rooms were cleaned and made up on a daily basis and ice machine just outside.

We got a call from Lorrie during the week to make sure everything was going ok with us and to see if they could help us in any other way. Something else which was a lovely touch.

Location was unreal, walked most places and just around corner from Macy's, what else could I ask for.

Yes the lift was slow but being on the 17th floor in that wonderful room we didn't care in the slightest. A small price to pay.

Thank you Radisson Martinique for a wonderful birthday and stay, customer service was second to none and I can't speak highly enough of you. Ye made our stay a memorable one. I was even contacted a few days after I got home to make sure we were pleased with our stay. Will definitely return and recommend you to family and friends.

Eileen & Ger

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

First of all, the location of the hotel is very convenient. It is literally just next to Macy's so an ideal spot if you wish to go shopping. The Empire State Building is also just round the corner. It is located in Korea Town so loads of spots to get food if you fancy Asian food. Actually, the location is so good that I ended up walking to all the attractions I was planning to see.

As for the hotel itself, it does feel a bit swampy. You can tell the building is not brand new and might need some refurbishment. I stayed on one of the top floors and the lifts were so slow that sometimes it would take a longer while to reach my room. The room would sometimes smell funny but I'm guessing that's because the building was quite old. I wouldn't recommend breakfasts as they were very fatty and not very tasty (far different to what I was used to after travelling in Europe).

Overall, I still think it wasn't a bad hotel Going to New York it is all about the location and this hotel definitely ticks this box. However, don't expect a very high standard or spacious rooms.

Room Tip: Top floors tend to be more quiet than the bottom ones.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Radisson Martinique on Broadway? Share your experiences!