We stayed at the hotel New years Eve and Day.It is located about 8 blocks from TImes Square which was a conveinient walking distance. There were plenty of shopping and eating venues in the area.The worlds largest Macy's is only two blocks away!! Gramercy Park (which right around the corner) was festively decorated but cold temps kept us from sitting and absorbing the ambiance.
The best thing about the hotel is you definitely know you're in New York when you're there! The lobby was small and bustling. The elevators were slow and very busy. The Front desk personnel was pleasant and very helpful. The Desk Manager, Tim Richards, was extremely helpful and pleasant. We were initially given a room facing the wall of another building when I specifically requested a room on a high floor at the front of the building (mind you I had made my reservations on 1-3-2012- nearly a year before our arrival). Mr. Richards worked his magic and changed us to a room with a view of 32nd Street and the NY skyline. We were also given complimentary drink certificates for the inconvenience.
Compared to other Radissons, the rooms, bar and restaurant were smaller. Service in the baroom was slow.
The room was very clean. The bed was comfortable, but our sleep number remote did not work. Fortunately the setting it was on worked for us. We called to have it serviced but no one ever came. Order extra pillows. The four they provided flattened thoughout the night. There was very minimal storage space for our belongings. The bathroom could have used more counter space for toiletries and it was almost impossible for more than one person to be in there.
One our windows was broken and would not close completely (did I mention it was cold?). Made for two breezy nights.
Overall, our experience with this hotel was average especially considering the inflated hoilday rate we paid for the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern Hotel with French Renaissance exterior & traditional interior, housed in building dating from 1897. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Otel, getaroom.com, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Radisson Martinique on Broadway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Martinique On Broadway Hotel New York City
- Radisson Martinique Broadway
- Radisson Hotel New York City
- Radisson Martinique Hotel
- Radisson New York City
- New York City Radisson
- Radisson Martinique New York
- Radisson Manhattan
- Holiday Inn Martinique