I was staying in this hotel partly on business and partly on pleasure for 5 nights. The rooms are comfortable however there are limited amenities. The coffee machine was squeezed into the already very small bathroom, as opposed to being placed in the room. No minibar either for those who like the convenience of that. Beds were fantastic though.
The main issues letting this hotel down: reception area, service, concierge and house keeping.
What let this hotel down in a big way was the reception area which is not nice and also packed with airline staff and their luggage at all times. We could not move in the reception area, and definitely not sit and relax here. It was more a question of getting in/out of the hotel quickly.
Front desk was manned by 2 people only so there were always queues and the staff were not particular helpful. Front desk manager sits in the back room and does not help when it is very busy, which is surprising. When asked why there was a 15 minute waiting time to be helped at reception the staff said that they were understaffed (and that was the end of it). So basically the clients' problem rather than the hotels.
The concierge was on holiday when we stayed and the hotel didn't have a backup other than a woman in the gift shop who was never there when we wanted assistance, so basically nobody to help us with anything relating to restaurants etc. We were amazed by the bad service and the fact that the guests are left to their own devices if the concierge is on holiday or away ill (in a 4* hotel).
House keeping - did not clean our room one day as we left the room in the afternoon, which was apparently too late. Nobody walks through the hotel and checks if/when people have left the rooms and taken the do not disturb off the door. Again surprising for a 4* hotel.
Radissons in Europe are much better than this and we were very surprised by how basic and bad this hotel was. I would not recommend staying here if you want a nice, cosy, sociable stay in NY.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern Hotel with French Renaissance exterior & traditional interior, housed in building dating from 1897. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Agoda, Groupon and Hotels.com so you can book your Radisson Martinique on Broadway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Martinique On Broadway Hotel New York City
- Radisson Martinique Broadway
- Radisson Hotel New York City
- Radisson Martinique Hotel
- Radisson New York City
- New York City Radisson
- Radisson Martinique New York
- Radisson Manhattan
- Holiday Inn Martinique