“GREAT HOTEL IN PERFECT LOCATION.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Metro
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 W 35th St, New York City, NY 10001 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #53 of 457 Hotels in New York City
northamptonshire, england
“GREAT HOTEL IN PERFECT LOCATION.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2009

stayed at the metro for a week in june 2009 and loved it.
this was our 5th time in new york but the first time at this hotel, but we would definately stay there again.
book with confidence, you will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
  • Arabic first
glasgow
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2009

Room was overlooking building site. When I asked to change it I was told no other rooms. Carpets were stained and threadbare Staff wrere not friendly with the exception of Matthew the doorman who had a loverly manner,Stayed here before and thought I would never return. However, was told hotel had a makeover since and thought I would come back
Never Again
K

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Leicestershire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2009

We stayed for a week at this art deco hotel & loved it. We were upgraded to a suite on 12th floor, which was great & very clean. Complementary breakfasts were excellent, very good choices & coffe/tea available free all day. Receptionists & doormen were extremely helpful & very friendly.
Hotel is well situated for sightseeing, we walked miles also used the metro & metro & bus to United Nations (metro card reqd for bus).
Walk across Brooklyn Bridge is fantastic, as is view from Empire State Building. You need to visit Empire State early as queues can be long but this is no problem as hotel is so close .
We loved everything about this hotel & would stay again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Halifax, Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2009

We stayed at the hotel Metro for the first time in August, for the Depeche Mpde concerts at MSG. The room was small - the bathroom door couldnt open fully as it hit the bed, but everything was in perfect working order and very clean. The roof terrace is an amazing suntrap and nice for an afternoon dirnk. Maceys is right at the end of the street, Madison Square just a few blocks and Times Square and Central Park within walking distance.
The staff were all polite and really helpful -they all seemed please that it wasnt our first time in New York but our first time with them....we are now trying to book again for a late November trip and would definitely stay at the Metro again. Very pleaseant and a good trip

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2009

We stayed a long weekend at Hotel Metro and were most pleasantly surprised with the accommodations and service. Accommodations were very clean and decor 1940's "trendy" so one felt like it was stepping back in time. Free continental breakfast and library area nice way to connect with others. Roof top terrace is beautiful with a stunning view of the Empire State Building. Only drawback: size of the room and bed. Room was teeny, tiny and bed was full size, we're used to at least a queen size as it was my teenage daughter and me. However, when in NYC, we rarely stay in the room except to sleep, so wasn't a huge drawback. Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2009

Please...save yourself some money and grief by not staying at this hotel!

On the last day of my stay I discovered an extremely large cockraoch in my room (actually on my bed!). My brother and his fiancee proceeded to tell me they had also seen them on the roofdeck (we were staying on the 12th floor).

On complaining to the front desk they proceeded to ask me "what do you want us to do about it?" and the manager refused to even speak to me until I absolutely insisted he come out from hiding under the desk. He then proceeded to tell me that there was no formal comlaints procedure and he could not authorise any kind of refund or compensation. This was changeover day - the busiest day of the week!

I consequently left a polite letter of complaint to the senior manger and still am waiting for a reply 3 weeks later...I won't hold my breath!

Probably the worst customer experience I have ever encountered and poorly trained staff who clearly did not know how to handle a complaint. Having worked in the tourist industry myself this is certainly not the way to go!

A total shambles and would not want any one else to go through the same nasty experience. Also makes me wonder where else they are lurking in this hotel if they are on the 12th floor and the roof deck...don't even want to think about the kitchen...

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Littlehampton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2009

The Hotel was good, clean, tidy, friendly and good service, breakfast was fine. Location great for sightseeing, all in all good. Beware if you book through an agent i:e B A and are offered a Mini Double room @ £200 00+ a night. We did!!! Luckily we had a very sympathetic receptionist who after the first night was able to upgrade us to a far nicer room. Please do not take this as a mar on the hotel as they only sell these rooms to agents not directly to the general public. I would return to the Metro but would book direct in future.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Metro? Share your experiences!