I got a nice deal for my 8-day stay and I had a great experience. The staff is very pleasant and professional. The room on the 10th floor was cozy with a Queen-sized bed, a view of the city, a fridge, free WiFi and a large flat-screen TV. I have a few complaints:
• The maids don't clean behind the bed. I misplaced something and while I was looking for it, I had the misfortune of seeing the dust bunnies behind the bed-frame. Not sanitary at all. Make sure to tell them to clean there if you find your maid in the hallway.
• The room isn't stocked with an iron and board. You have to ask for them. Do it on your first day so you don't get surprised while you're in a rush like I was.
• The toilet chain broke off and they had to someone to fix it on two different occasions. Despite that, I was never convinced that it was actually fixed.
• There was a lot of construction which made the hotel look far worse than it really was. I did not hear the construction, nor was it a real bother. The only issue is that using the stairs means going through construction area on 3 different floors, which is guaranteed to dust or dirty up your clothes. And believe me, you'll have the urge to go through those stairs anyway, because there is only 1 elevator for guests and it is ridiculously slow. You can spend up to 10 minutes waiting for it.
Despite all that, I'll give the hotel 4 stars. I got it at a really good price and those few hiccups didn't ruin my stay in the least. The hotel is at a good location and it was a very cozy stay. The busted toilet or slow elevator didn't ruin my vacation in the least.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Evelyn formerly The Gershwin Hotel is now offering newly residential inspired rooms with references to an Art Nouveau Style. Our NoMad hotel is inspired by the musical and art heritage of the neighborhood, which was the epicenter of the popular music industry in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. The music theme is reflected throughout the rooms, corridors and bathrooms. The NoMad District (now also known as "NoMad" - North of Madison Square Park) is now one of Manhattan's most popular neighborhoods, characterized by its beautiful and historic architecture, exceptional bars and restaurants tucked away on quiet side streets, and many other attractions. Centered around Madison Square Park, the NoMad District is within walking distance of Midtown, Union Square, Greenwich Village, and NYU. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Evelyn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gershwin Hotel New York City
- Gershwin Hotel Nyc