“Would stay again” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada New York/Eastside

Save Saved
You added Ramada New York/Eastside to your Saves list
Ramada New York/Eastside
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   161 Lexington Avenue, New York City, NY 10016 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #285 of 449 hotels in New York City
Orange, Australia
“Would stay again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Very happy with the choice of this hotel. 2 blocks from the subway, lots of restaurants in the vicinity as well as shops. Staff very friendly and happy to help - easily booked us a car service to the airport.
Bed very comfortable, room not overly large but big enough - good sized bathroom. Maids very good at leaving the room well stocked. Not noisy. Breakfast very good - good selection of cereals, juices, coffee & tea, bagels, toast, donuts etc - get down before 8 to ensure you get a table (good sized breakfast room but lots of guests).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

812 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Greek first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

We recently stayed here as a group of four. The room was very small (especially for a foursome), but it was very clean, and had all the amenities that we we needed/wanted (flat screen TV, safe, coffee maker, exercise room, etc.). Beds were so comfortable!!!

The hotel itself is beautiful from the outside, and clean and organized on the inside. The staff were very professional and helpful when asked questions.

The location is great - walking distance to the subway, some really great restaurants and so close to the Empire State Building!

Breakfast was fairly good, though I recommend that you get there early because the good items ran out quickly!

In terms of price, it was on the cheaper end of all the places we looked at, but still overall rather expensive (but this is to be expected for NYC).

Overall, this was a great stay. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Vancouver BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

This Hotel is a very serviceable hotel if you want a great location in New York at a very good price. Yes, the service is not wonderful, but who cares! Are you really there for the service? There are no amenities of any kind but for me, a clean, quiet room with a comfy bed and a decent shower is enough. I would recommend this hotel if you're not staying more than a night or two. There are some great places to have breakfast or brunch close by. If you like Indian Food then even better! And if you don't, well you don't have to go far. I am picky and I would recommend this place for the budget minded.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Lenham, Kent
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Just got back from 3 day trip to NYC where we stayed at Ramada East side. This hotel isn't fancy but is really traditional in a lovely old building. It is exceptionally clean and the rooms are comfortable and well equipped including flat screen tv and coffeemaker. Staff very helpful and breakfast (included) adequate. Would stay again and recommend.

Room Tip: Advise top floors away from traffic noise.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Regina, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

We stayed here for 5 days in September. This hotel had a good rating on Tripadvisor so we decided to give it a try. The hotel is fairly small (as are all hotels on Manhattan) but quite clean and comfortable. The front desk staff is good and the rooms are slightly bigger than other rooms I had stayed in on Manhattan. The rooms are very clean, and they have an in room safe which is nice. The housekeeping staff does an excellent job at keeping the place clean.
The breakfast is really good but it is very busy in the mornings (obviously because it is free). We usually went down about a half hour before it ended and most people clear out by then.
The location can't be beat. Times Square is about a half hour walk from the hotel, and the 6 train stop is a few blocks south of the hotel. This train will take you to Union Station where you can connect to a ton of other trains that will take you anywhere you want to go. There is also a small convenience store on the same block of the hotel which is convenient if you don't want to eat out everyday. It is also fairly busy both during the day and at night, so safety is not an issue. I highly recommend this hotel to first time visitors and return visitors.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

My experience with the Ramada New York/Eastside is so terrible my husband and I decided to not even stay there. I booked my reservation on-line and tried to use a coupon code for an additional 20% discount, however the reflection on my final bill did not include the coupon. I contacted customer service who then referred me to the property manager of the hotel.... Yes the man responsible for the entire hotel.

The manager was not accommodating at all. He not only refused to accept my 20% coupon code, he continued to remind me of the option of cancel my reservation and go elsewhere. What kind of customer service is that? I asked him if he would rather lose business then honor a 20% coupon, and he once again reminded me I am free to cancel my reservation. He also refused to provide me with the contact information for his supervisor/boss so that I could log a complaint regarding my experience.

I do want to recommend The Manhattan at Times Square.... we were able to book this hotel rather than stay at a hotel that does not want my business. The Manhattan worked on pricing with us, so that is was comparable to the price we were looking for. We had no coupon, none of their listed discounts, they heard our story and recognized an opportunity to gain a lifetime customer.

The unfortunate thing is that Ramada is part of the Wyndham Hotel Group, I am not only a Wyndham Timeshare owner, but a member of Wyndham Rewards, and Wyndham Perks. I always had such nice things to say about the Wyndham Franchise, however this is an experience my friends, family, and co-workers will be hearing about. Ramada has certainly lost my business!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
applecorehotelsstaff, Marketing & E-Commerce Associate at Ramada New York/Eastside, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear TravelingThom,
Thank you for your review. We’re sorry you could not receive the 20% discount. Unfortunately, we do not participate in this promotion, so the General Manager could not honor this coupon. He advised you of the cancellation policy so that you could try to find another hotel that would offer the 20% discount. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced.
The majority of our guests are very happy with their stay. Many of our guests are repeat customers. Though you could not receive the 20% discount, our rates are always very competitive and we offer the best hotel value in New York. We offer free breakfast, WIFI, and domestic phone calls, which you won’t find everywhere. We hope you will give us another chance in the future.
Liz from Apple Core Hotels
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We picked the Ramada on the basis that it was the cheapest three star hotel we could find in a suitable location. As we expected, the hotel is basic enough but provides everything you need for a short stay in NY where you're not going to be spending too much time in your room anyway.

The room was small, but clean and comfortable, with coffee making facility. Breakfast was basic, with plastic plates, bowls, cutlery etc. and limited choice.

The location in excellent: quiet residential area and 2 minute walk to subway, less than 10 minutes to Fifth Ave/Empire State Building.

Would also recommend the restaurant Penelope accross the road. Plenty of other decent restaurants within walking distance too.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Ramada New York/Eastside? Share your experiences!