“It's simply a great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Avalon Hotel

You added Avalon Hotel to your Saves list
Avalon Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16 East 32nd Street, New York City, NY 10016 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
2014 Holiday Offer
Ranked #75 of 455 Hotels in New York City
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
“It's simply a great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

It is actually almost a year ago when we have stayed at Avalon NYC, but it just came into my mind what a great stop over we had at this "small great" hotel shortly after Christmas.
We arrived late evening and where welcomed in a small cozy lobby which had a great christmas decoration. Staff were very friendly, check in forms was already prepared, which made our check in quiet fast.
Our room was very big (for NYC I guess above average size) and the bed extremely comfortable.
I would recommend this hotel to everybody who wants to stay for few days in NYC, especially during christmas.
The hotel gave us great value for money.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael R, General Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear GERTraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor about your return visit to the Avalon Hotel New York. They are most appreciated.

I am thrilled you thought of the Avalon as your hotel in Manhattan. I was pleased to read that you found everything ready ahead of your arrival and your check-in was quick. I am also happy to know that you find our rooms comfortable and spacious, but in particular that our staff is very friendly. They are the heart and soul of our hotel.

When your travels bring you back to New York City, please contact me directly so I may personally handle your reservations.

Michael R.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We felt like at home due to the excellent and exceptionnal staff and due to the very Nice room of the hotel.
Everyone in the staff is taking care of you and is doign the best for you.
It is a personnal treatment and you feel Like at home .
Many thanks to Mickael R,
Antonio,
The whole team at the réception and the rest of the staff.
Thanks to you it was a perfect stay again and we loved it.
The perfect location is a plus too.
Definitely my place in new York.
It s worth a 5 stars hotel.
It was a pure pleasure being there ,

• Stayed November 2013
Michael R, General Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Nolan D.,

I was pleased to read that you find the Avalon like your home-away-from-home and that the hotel's location suited your needs. I was very particularly happy to read that you found our staff excellent and exceptional in particular Antonio. I will be sure to pass your kind words on to him.

As always, when your travels bring you back to Manhattan, please contact me so I may personally handle your reservations.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I have stayed at the Avalon Hotel numerous times. It is one of the few hotels that can deftly accommodate families, business travelers and couples. The hotel rooms are spacious, clean and quiet each time I've stayed. But what separates this hotel from the many other options are the staff- from the doormen, to the hotel clerks, to the reservationists and management.

I had requested an early check in and rather than be suitably snubbed, was accommodated by Andrew, who was so helpful on the phone. To my surprise, when I got in the room there was cookies and sparkling water. I'm not a high roller, but I sure felt like one.

I highly recommend this room. My only worry is that with all the great reviews, they will be booked up!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Michael R, General Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear Mark H.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor about your recent return visit at the Avalon Hotel New York.

It is always a pleasure having you at the Avalon. I am pleased you find that our hotel is perfect for everyone - families, business travelers and couples, as well as spacious, clean and quiet. I am particularly happy to hear that you find our entire staff incredibly helpful, especially Andrew.

When your travel plans call for a return visit to Manhattan, please contact me directly so I may personally handle your reservation.

istanbul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

The Avalon is where I stay during my visits to NYC. Location is great, rooms are very spacious (I have stayed both Junior Suite and King Suite) Staff is very helpful and friendly. Management is organized and very helpful-never let us down in any service. I highly recommend Avalon and am looking forward to staying here again in my next visit to NYC!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Michael R, General Manager at Avalon Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Ozgebuminoztaskin,

Thank you for taking the time to write on TripAdvisor about your repeat stay at the Avalon Hotel New York. It is always a pleasure to have you with us.

I am pleased that you find our location perfect for your needs and that you enjoyed the spaciousness of our Junior and King Suites. I am particularly happy to hear that our staff was helpful, friendly and attentive to your needs during your many stays. The staff at the Avalon is truly the heart and soul of the hotel and I could not be more of them.

When your travel plans call for you to return to Manhattan, please contact me directly as I would like to personally handle your future reservations.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

The Avalon is definitely a great value hotel in the heart of midtown. Staff here are consistently friendly and helpful. The hotel features a decent sized common area for lounging. Our room was huge for NYC standards, with comfortable beds and good amenities. The decor is a bit underwhelming, especially the faux wood floors which seemed out of sync with what is billed as a luxury hotel. Nonetheless the place was an excellent starting point with easy access to the subway and many other features of New York.

We also had a problem with a warm room with no A/C. Although the windows do open, that was not sufficient to cool the place down enough.

I would not have any problem returning here, though with the selection in NYC it may be worth searching elsewhere too.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Yazzy13,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor about your recent stay at the Avalon Hotel New York. Your feedback is most important to us.

I was happy to learn that you found our rooms spacious and enjoyed our bed and room amenities. Please accept my sincere apologies on the opportunity you experienced with the cooling of your room. I have brought the matter to our engineering department. We are constantly working on the hotel so I appreciate your observations on the room decor.

If your travel plans call for a return visit to Manhattan, please contact me directly so I may personally handle your future reservation.

Waukesha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

I highly recommend the Avalon. The rooms are spacious, clean, and comfortable. The staff is amazing. This was my second stay there and wouldn't stay anywhere else. The location makes it easy to move about the city. Worth the price. I love staying at the Avalon!

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Dalaine J,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor about your second stay at the Avalon Hotel New York. Your feedback about our hotel is most valued.

I was happy to read that you found our rooms spacious and comfortable and the location perfect for your needs. I am particularly pleased to learn that you found our staff "amazing." They certainly are the heart and soul of the Avalon.

When your future plans call for a return trip to Manhattan, please contact me directly so I may personally handle your reservations.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

The Avalon hotel is the best you will find anywhere in NYC!! We stayed here Nov 9-13 2013 for the second time in a year. The staff is exceptional and you won't find a bigger or cleaner room anywhere in NY. I also was to give a big thanks to Wilson the bellman for being so kind and helpful. Another awesome stay at the Avalo! Can't Wait to come back!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear EBing,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on TripAdvisor about your return visit to the Avalon Hotel New York. Your feedback is important to us.

I am pleased to read that you find our rooms spacious and immaculate, however I am incredibly happy to know that our staff, and in particular Wilson, were helpful during your second visit.

When your travel plans call for a return visit to Manhattan, please contact me directly so I may personally handle your reservations.

Michael R.

Been to Avalon Hotel? Share your experiences!