This was reasonably priced and touted itself as a four star hotel, but there wasn't much special about it. For me the best thing was the proximity to Korean food (its in Korea town) which I ate everyday. Otherwise the neighbourhood isnt as charismatic as Greenwich or Soho.
The front desk staff and the bell-staff were lovely, but the downsides are:
- there is no room service. I had a massive hangover one day and couldn't get out of the room until 5pm to go and get something to eat.
- they say they offer discounted daily guest passes to Equinox, but it was $25 and I don't believe this was discounted (not the same day as the hangover), it was good gym though 2 blocks away
- the lift was ancient and took forever
- no view
Although the staff were helpful, the hotel itself doesn't offer much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Avalon Hotel New York is centrally located in the heart of Midtown Manhattan, convenient to all neighborhoods. Only two blocks from the Empire State Building, the Avalon Hotel New York is also only a few blocks from seven subway lines. Penn Station is down the street from the Avalon and easily accessible to the East Side airports, LaGuardia and JFK. Guest rooms are very spacious, with the majority over 400 sq.ft., many with two beds and a sofa bed. With only 100 rooms, the Avalon Hotel New York is a classic boutique hotel with personal service and exceptional value. Conference space is available for intimate gatherings or business meetings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Avalon Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avalon Hotel New York City
- Vincci New York City
- Vincci Hotel Avalon