“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Marcel at Gramercy

You added The Marcel at Gramercy to your Saves list
The Marcel at Gramercy
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   201 East 24th Street, New York City, NY 10011 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #202 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Albany
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The hotel is a good hotel to stay in for business. When my aunt who lives in New York, stated that I had a very nice room. She also stated this hotel was located in a very good area of New York. When I come to New York again I would like to stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MarcelGM, General Manager at The Marcel at Gramercy, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you so much for posting your review on TripAdvisor!

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope that we are able to welcome you back again soon!

Nalini Sullivan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (243)
  • Greek first
boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

The Marcel is a great choice and very clean and comfortable. The service was excellent. We were offered a free upgrade upon check in and found the location to be excellent. The hotel has a roof top outside sitting area.

Room Tip: large king bedroom was excellent
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your five star rating on TripAdvisor!

We are thrilled to learn you had a great stay and we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience!

We hope to see you again soon!

La Verne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The rooms were super tiny which I guess is expected in NYC. This was my first time there, so I was surprised at the tight quarters I stayed in for 3 days. The floors (in rooms and all hallways) in this hotel squeak and the walls are super thin, making the complimentary earplugs necessary. For $200+/night, I expected more from the room. The staff was great though.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MarcelGM, General Manager at The Marcel at Gramercy, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review on TripAdvisor!

I am very pleased to learn that our staff was accommodating to you during your stay. I am disappointed that we did not meet your expectations, please accept my sincere apology for this.

I hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future, please fee free to co ntact me direct upon your next visit o NYC at nsullivan@marcelhotelnyc.com

Thanks again!

Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

The Marcel is an excellent hotel located in the heart of midtown. I enjoyed the convenience of access to the subway, shops, and restaurants. The hotel was clean and the staff was very courteous. The best New York experience.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for your positive review!

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we hope we are able to welcome you back very soon!

Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

It was indeed a pleasant stay at The Marcel(at Gramercy).
Clean well appointed room.
Not very spacious however comfortable for a couple.
Friendly personnel.
Tenzin,Jennifer,Anita,Mohammed and the team.Thank You for professional courtesies.
No doubt we look forward to stay with you in our next visit.
Keep up the good work.
KU & JC
Berlin,
Germany

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we are very glad you appreciated our convenient location.

We hope to see you again soon!

SF Bay Area
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I stayed at the Marcel primarily because of it's location - it's close to subway lines, Madison Square Park and many restaurants are withing walking distance.
My room was small with a window that looked out on a wall (so the shade was permanently down), but that didn't bother me much as I mostly just slept in the room. My room was quiet, but ear plugs were provided just in case. The biggest complaint I have about the room is that it wasn't level; there was a distinct slope to the floor. I could feel it and actually see it when looking at the top of the wardrobe as compared to the ceiling. Since I didn't really hang out in the room, I did my best to ignore it.
The bed was comfortable, the staff was friendly and the rooftop terrace was nice. I enjoyed the wine hour in the upstairs lounge. It would be nice to have free wifi in the rooms, but at least there was a computer upstairs for guests to use.
Oh and the best thing of all ... the air conditioner worked like a charm!! That's very important when the heat and humidity get to be unbearable!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Thank you so much for posting your review! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience!

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Barcelona, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The hotel is in a very good situation inside Manhattan, trendy design, room not so small as we thought about a hotel in such good situation. Staff really friendly and helpful, very clean hotel. If we come back to visit manhattan, we are very likely to stay at the Marcel again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

MarcelGM, General Manager at The Marcel at Gramercy, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you so much for posting a review on TripAdvisor!

We appreciate your feedback and hope to welcome you back soon!

Nalini Sullivan

Been to The Marcel at Gramercy? Share your experiences!