“Conveniently located to Time Square” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square

You added Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square to your Saves list
Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   114 West 40th Street, New York City, NY 10018 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #189 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Georgia
“Conveniently located to Time Square”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

If you looking for a place that is close to everything then this is the place. The only negative is they outsource the parking and it is a bit pricy. I know I was in New York but I would have liked to park my own car. Plus you don't get in and out privileges. If you take the car out then its another 52.00 for the day. If you over look the parking then the view is spectacular, My room had a view of the Empire State Building.

Room Tip: Small but updated
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled on business
HotelManageNY, Hotel Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you for your recent review of your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Times Square. We are glad that the stunning view of the Empire State Building from your room was the highlight of your stay. However, I am sorry for any inconvenience caused to you due to the parking facilities. We hope the other aspects of our hotel and location helped make up for this distraction and you will consider staying with us again the next time that you are in New York.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

have stayed here several times with consistently good experience. Why: clean, quiet, well located, friendly staff and consistent. Room is typical smallish NYC hotel room but spotless. I particularly like the convenience of fast moving quality breakfast restaurant. Out the door to the right you are on 6th avenue going uptown while out the door to the left its a short walk to a downtown avenue. It's a do-able walk to the theater district. Bryant Park is across the street and is a fun spot to sit and watch NY go bye. For business or pleasure this is one to keep in mind.

Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple
HotelManageNY, Hotel Manager at Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you ElJeffeMiami, for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Times Square for your stay once again. We understand what loyal Courtyard travelers like you expect: a clean hotel with exceptional, friendly service so I'm excited that we continue to meet your expectations. We are so glad that our unbeatable location, is just the icing on the cake and your wonderful description was a delight to read. We thank you again for your continued support and look forward to seeing you again soon!

Northborough, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed here one night while on a very quick business trip. The hotel is conveniently located near Times Square if you're looking for a home base close to some of the top tourist spots. It wouldn't have been my top choice location-wise for a business trip, but it was the only option in Manhattan available on my corporate travel site. Because of the location and proximity to Times Square, I was very cautious about how noisy it was going to be, but surprisingly the room was one of the quieter hotel rooms I've stayed in while visiting NYC. The noises that woke me up in the morning came from the screaming kids playing in the hallway, not the hustle and bustle outside the hotel.

The hotel room itself is a decent size for NYC. While it's not grand or what you'd expect outside the city, it's certainly large enough to avoid making you feel claustrophobic. The bathroom was your typical bathroom with one sink. One of the things I really like about Courtyard Marriotts is that they provide good toiletries from Paul Mitchell, so on a quick business trip I know I don't need to worry about toiletries and can just bring my toothbrush (and a few other things) and leave the shampoo and conditioner at home.

I didn't really interact with the staff outside of check-in, but they were friendly and accommodating. No complaints there.

The only complaint I had was that there was a big wet spot on the carpet near the TV when I arrived. It tried overnight, but it was a bit of a nuisance when walking around at night.

I'm not sure if I would stay here again. I liked the quiet room, but the location is a bit too close to the uber touristy attractions for me. That being said, I wouldn't rule it out in the future or tell someone to avoid it.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for the nice feedback of our property regarding your recent overnight stay while on your business trip. We are delighted that our location and its proximity to Times Square was the highlight of your stay! We are also glad to read that you enjoyed our quiet accommodations which was adequate for your needs, as well as, the bath amenities. I am happy that you found our front desk associates to be helpful and hope to have a chance to host you again in the future.

Niagara Falls, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel is in a great location if you need access to midtown. The rooms are comfortable and the wifi works well. It's also a great location for tourists who seemed to be a large percentage of the hotel guests. My room faced onto another brick building, so I can't say much for the view, but I didn't experience any noise either.

The only con is that elevators can take quite a bit of time to arrive, so you find yourself waiting on your floor or in the lobby a bit. I have stayed multiple times and would return.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled on business
We really appreciate the time you have taken to share your impression about your stay in June at the Courtyard New York Manhattan/Times Square. We are delighted to learn that your business trip was fun filled and you enjoyed our amazing location and the proximity to midtown, as well as, our accommodations and amenities. However, I am sorry for the slow elevators and for the wait time inconvenience you encountered. Thank you for your loyalty and we are happy to learn that you will be staying with us again in the future!

Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed here for a long Valentine's Day weekend with my spouse & our 2 kids. The hotel was in a great location. We walked everywhere from there... Times Square, New Amsterdam Theatre, Toys R Us, Columbus Circle, Central Park, even the Empire State & Natural History Museum which were a bit further but still doable. The room was clean the wifi signal good, and the nice staff. If was a bit small (it IS NYC) but it was perfect for us!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at the Courtyard by Marriott Times Square during your Valentine's Day weekend stay with your family. I am so happy that our fantastic location was perfect for your visit and that every aspect of your stay, from your clean room to a fast internet as well as our friendly staff was to your thorough satisfaction. Comments such as yours make our day. Thank you for being our guest and we hope to welcome you back to our hotel.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The location of this hotel is great, and the rooms are a nice size for NYC. However, the elevators don't work properly and the walls are extremely thin. I could literally hear the shower water and the toilets flushing from the rooms around and above. The front desk staff was rude and unhelpful. There is no cell phone service inside the rooms, and the "free" wifi barely worked.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
Thank you for letting us know about your stay and for the valuable feedback. We are extremely concerned to read your comments, and we apologize that our staff member was rude to you. I know that our staff genuinely cares about providing an enjoyable stay to all of our guests and this isolated incident is not a reflection of our usual service standards. I will be talking to the staff member in person to remind him that ‘impressing our guests’ is what we strive to achieve each day, and appropriate action will be taken. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the unpleasant experience and hope that you and your family will consider a second visit.

Guelph
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

A few of us chose this hotel purely based on proximity to Times Square as a few of the group had never been to NYC, and wanted to be close to some of the “touristy stuff”, this location did not disappoint. Subway stops are all nearby, and you are a short walk from plenty of entertainment, meal and tourist options.
Check-in on the Friday was quick and easy, front desk staff were friendly and full of recommendations for the first timers in the group who were bursting with questions. Room was good, big enough for the sole purpose of sleeping and changing, no complaints. Very tidy, room temperature good, bathrooms clean, overall a good first impression. I read comments regarding the beds, however we found them comfy enough, which was important given the full days of walking and exploring, no issues there. Hallways and noise levels were always low, we never had a problem sleeping or with noise.
Housekeeping did a great job, and check-out on Monday was smooth, with no surprises and no extra charges, an overall great stay.
This was certainly on the higher end of my experiences with the Courtyard brand, we were pleased and would recommend to others.
Thank You!

• Stayed July 2015, traveled with friends
Thank you for terrific review regarding your recent stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Times Square. We are extremely glad that you had such a wonderful visit. We appreciate your comments about our excellent location and are delighted that you experienced a flawless stay experience from the start to the finish. We want our property to be a relaxing retreat and I am happy that we created a great impression on you. Comments such as yours make our day and I will definitely be sharing your compliments with the team. Thank you so much for recommending us to the future travelers and hope to welcome you back again the next time that you are in New York.