I stayed at the CY Times Square South this past weekend with my son on a leisure trip to NYC. The hotel is very conveniently located to Times Square, but just that little bit off to make it a quiet location. It is basically the only business on this block, everything else is just an office. The rooms in this hotel are clean but small by most hotel standards, more European in size than US, but it was perfectly adequate for our needs. The bathroom is very nice, with a great glass enclosed shower with adjustable showerhead. They have replaced the old mini coffee pot with a Keurig. A nice idea if they gave you more than a single pod; at least the mini pot made 2 cups! Plus, they "hide" the pods/creamer/cups in the closet, not on the credenza. Since we were only there for a couple of nights, we didn't have hanger clothes, so it took a call to housekeeping to complain about the lack of coffee and cups to actually locate the stuff. Seems kind of silly and stupid to stuff these things in the closet.
The lobby area has been updated to the new CY model, with a small counter service dining that has beer/wine in the evening and serves Starbucks coffee products in the a.m. Since this was a trip for exploring the city, we didn't use these services other than to grab a hot beverage first thing, but from experience it is a nice convenience, especially for business travelers.
The staff was not as helpful as I would have liked, especially when it came to dining recommendations. For the first two nights, we had dinner reservations, but on Sunday we were free and looking for the desk to point us to something yummy close by. They had nothing of any real expertise and we ended up just walking about and finding something. I think this is a great disservice to guests, especially in an area such as Times Square that is teeming with good and bad.
Overall, the hotel served it's purpose, was quiet and clean, with a great location. I would stay at this property again and recommend it to people looking to stay in the theater district.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott New York Manhattan / Times Square South Hotel
- Courtyard Times Square South
- Courtyard New York City
- New York City Courtyard
- New York City Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Modern hotel in heart of Fashion District - Walk to Theatre District, Times Square, Empire State Building. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Orbitz, Tingo, Otel, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott New York Manhattan / Times Square South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.