“Great location friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
10% off for Special Rate
Ranked #43 of 454 Hotels in New York City
“Great location friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014 via mobile

This was my first time at this hotel and, although its a longer walk from Penn Station than either the HGI by Herald Square or the Hilton Times Square, the walk was worth it. Staff were exceedingly friendly and helpful when it came to storing bags, getting cabs, etc. The rooms were comfortable and the location a few blocks away from the craziest streets in Times Square meant little to no street noise. I will say that trying to check out and store bags on a Sunday morning was a bit of a cluster, but I think that's par for the course in NYC.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
TennileB, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Hi Pegggus,

Thank you for your kind review, with so many options available to you we are thrilled that you chose to spend your time in NYC with us. I am happy that staff was available to you throughout your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

tennile.boyd@hilton.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (839)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Stayed here from 2 May-9 May room 423. The staff were very friendly, especially the bell boys ( had a laugh and a joke with them on Friday before we left about my senior moment). The lady who cleaned our room was also very nice. Room was a good size and spotlessly clean. Anyone who complains must be staying in a different hotel.
I would and will recommend this hotel to friends

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Hello There MinnieLiz51,

Thank you for such a high recommendation, I am delighted that we were able to provide you with a memorable stay. We would be honored to host you and your friends whenever you are in NYC!!!

Hornchurch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Grat hotel in great location. Stayed on 11th floor and had great views. Room had two large beds fridge microwave and coffee maker. Coffee available in the lobby in the morning.we had complimentary breakfast in the restaurant next door which was a bonus. Near to all attractions and facilities. Recommended

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hi Kay M,

I understand that when traveling abroad location is key and I am delighted that our location helped enhance your NYC trip. Also, the amenities offered helped make your trip just a little more convenient to create an excellent and memorable vacation, which is our goal for all guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back and if I can be of any assistance please feel free to contact me directly.

Bergen
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

I stayed for two nights. My first time in New York - so I wanted a hotel with a good location.

The hotel is centrally placed on Manhatten. Not far from Broadway. Subway only five minutes or so away. Friendly staff, clean room.

No breakfast - but there is a restaurant next door which I liked.

On my way from JFK to the hotel - I took a yellow cab. 60 USD - flat fare including tolls. I gave 10 in tips - total 70 USD.
On my way from the hotel to JFK the hotel fixed the transport. The price was 60 USD. They told me to get receipt from the driver.
At JFK the driver wanted 80 USD. I told him 60 was agreed. He replied that tolls came additionally. He said he would check with the hotel. I did not quite get if he did.
I asked for a receipt and got a blank card. I ended up paying 80 - no tips. But who knows where those money ended up.

Now - this is not the hotel to blame. Stay at the hotel - it is nice.
But think twice before accepting the transportation. (He drove like a mainiac as well...)

And - the price advertised on the internet - look closely
and make sure you look at the price i n c l u d i n g taxes.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Hi oddao,

Thank you for providing these details in relation to your recent experience. I am happy that the hotel accommodations met your expectations, but I am truly sorry for the inconveniences experienced upon your departure with the arranged taxi.
Please feel free to contact me directly to provide me with any additional details so that I may properly address and follow up with the car service.

I hope to hear from you soon and if I can be of any assistance please feel free to contact me.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was ideally located for our stay in NYC - perfect for
Times Square and all the sights. Gray Line tour office is just across the road which is handy for tickets and tours, loads of restaurants nearby. I had a Kingsize bed in a recently refurbished room - it had a fridge, microwave, coffee maker, TV - everything you could need, free WiFi. The room was great size and everywhere was clean and well maintained. We were room only so the complimentary Starbucks coffee and tea in the foyer every morning was handy. The hotel had a laid back feel and I really enjoyed my stay. My fridge was not working on arrival but it was replaced within an hour or so of reporting it.

We were on the eighth floor and the noise levels were fine - you could still hear the street noise but it was not a problem, the subway could be heard rumbling away but nothing to keep me awake and I like it quiet to sleep. I would not have wanted to be any lower than the eighth floor.

The only minor point we had was whilst we were waiting for our shuttle to the airport we asked for assistance to ring the shuttle company to check our times- we couldn't get through on our mobiles and reception refused to ring for us.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Joanna B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Dear Sandra S,
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. It’s great to know that hotel location was convenient to your needs and that you enjoyed comfort of the rooms and amenities provided. I am happy that promptly took care of replacing the fridge in your room.
Please accept my apologies that my team was not able to assist you with shuttle services.
I hope that if you decide to visit NYC again one day you will choose our hotel again!
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

We stayed in the hilton gardens inn hotel in New York, what a great hotel and location. We booked from reviews on trip advisor and it did not disappoint. A great location near to broadway as we went to watch a show, les mis which was fantastic. We stayed in newly refurbished rooms, really nice, spacious and clean. In the morning they serve tea / coffee in the lobby and between 3pm and 6pm there is a happy hour. Fantastic eatery nearby called "carve" which sells fantastic breakfasts, pizza and cakes that are to die for. Fantastic food court nearby which we used to stock up the fridge with.

Room Tip: Definitely the rooms higher up are best as I would think it would not be as noisey. We stayed in to...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Joanna B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, May 24, 2014
Dear Joanne J,
I am so happy to hear that your stay with us was a memorable experience and you enjoyed the location as well as comfort of our rooms.
St. Albans, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

Just left today after a six night visit. Hotel is in a great location and we did not use cabs or subway once. Room was very clean and king size bed was very comfortable. Only one small down point, they were unable to cash travellers cheques for us but OK to oath the bill with.

Room Tip: Rooms 27 to 31 have a view down 48th street
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Rick H,
Thank you for choosing our hotel on your 6 night’s trip to NYC! It’s great that the hotel was conveniently located to all your points of interest and that you enjoyed comfort of our rooms.
I am sorry that we were not able to assist you with cashing the traveler’s checks.
I hope that in the future you will consider staying with us again.
joanna.butcher@hilton.com

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Times Square? Share your experiences!