We decided on this hotel for our first trip to New York. We were not disappointed. The location is fantastic. Situated on 8th Avenue, so just a street away from the main corner of Times Square on 7th, or a street away in the other direction you are in the middle of Hells Kitchen on 9th, which is fantastic for bars and restaurants.
Our hotel room was really great, it had the biggest bed I've ever slept in, and it was so comfortable (king revolution room) my partner and I couldn't reach each other if we slept at either side.
We were on the 6th floor and had a street view, which was nice, just to watch the world go by. Large flat screen TV, although we never used it, and also a microwave and fridge which were handy for dining in-room as there are so many fantastic places to take out if you're too tired for the restaurant experience any time. There was an ice machine on every floor, and also vending machines.
Our room was immaculately clean, and the daily maid service was superb.
There are lots of souvenir shops nearby, cafe's, deli's and restaurants. I would recommend Chai Thai about a block up from the hotel on 8th for a lovely Thai meal which was incredibly cheap for the standard of food. If you like to start off your night out with a drink locally, then don't overlook "Social" across the street, it's much nicer inside than it looks, and has a really good vibe at night.
The staff at the Hilton Garden Inn were polite and friendly at all times, and we would definitely return to this hotel when we book our next trip to NY! Loved it.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Times Square Hotel New York City
- Hilton Garden Inn Times Square Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Manhattan
- Hilton New York City
- Hilton Garden Inn New York
- Times Square Hilton Garden Inn
- New York City Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prime Times Square location with COMPLIMENTARY amenities including Internet, fitness center, business center & more! Hilton Garden Inn Times Square is a modern hotel with best Times Square location that is steps from Broadway theaters, Restaurant Row, TKTS discount theater ticket booth, famous 42nd Street and much more. Located on Eighth Avenue at 48th Street in the heart of Times Square, the hotel is in the midst of New York City’s best restaurants, lively nightlife, sightseeing and shopping. Hilton Garden Inn Times Square is walking distance to all major subway lines, Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, Carnegie Hall, the Museum of Modern Art, Jacob Javits Convention Center and Port Authority Bus Terminal plus is convenient to all (3) area airports.The hotel features 369 oversized, contemporary-styled guestrooms each equipped with 32-inch LCD flat panel television, refrigerator, microwave, safe, coffeemaker large work desk with ergonomic chair and complimentary Internet access with secure remote printing to the hotel’s Business Center. COMPLIMENTARY amenities include high-speed lobby and guestroom Internet access, 24-hour Business Center, 24-hour Fitness Center, morning coffee and tea in the lobby and USA Today®. Additional onsite amenities include Pigalle Restaurant and Lounge (a 1950’s style Paris café that is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner), XVI Rooftop Lounge (the only Hilton Garden Inn in Manhattan with a rooftop bar!), evening room service, 24-hour Pavilion Pantry (stocked with your favorite snacks, drinks & toiletries) and Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self parking is available. The hotel allows service pets. 24-hour Security onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Amex, Hilton Hotels, Agoda, Tingo, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Otel, Hotels.com and Fareportal so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.