“Weekend in NYC with my Mum” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   790 Eighth Avenue, New York City, NY 10019   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #48 of 458 Hotels in New York City
London, United Kingdom
“Weekend in NYC with my Mum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Mum and I stayed here in December 2013 on our 1st trip to New York we were recommended to stay here by a friend who stays here on a regular basis.
The room was big plenty of room to store the shopping bags we had we had a King Corner suite and it was worth the little extra we paid, we had a king bed and a sofa bed, there was also a small fridge in the room which was handy too. The bathroom was of a reasonable size had everything you needed.
Our room was at the rear of the hotel looking towards Times square and the Hurley's bar I think this was the better location.
We ate in the the restaurant Pigalle's this was excellent and we enjoyed the breakfasts and dinners we had in there. You could have a drink in Pigalle's and this is accessible from the hotel I guess it would of been nice to have had a separate hotel bar where you could just for a little night cap before going to bed saying that there is the rooftop terrace to get here is at the side at of the hotel you cannot get to to it from inside we did go here once but this was very expensive which
was a shame but I guess its all part of the experience.
All the staff were excellent friendly and very helpful. The hotel was clean and nicely decorated.
The hotel really is in a great location just minutes away from Times Square and easy to get to anywhere you want to go. I would definitely stay here again it was a perfect trip for my mum and me.

Room Tip: I would pay the extra to have the King Corner room definitely worth it.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Joanna B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Tink9700,
Thank you for sharing your experience with travel community. I am so happy that you and your mum had a grant time and that the hotel and amenities provided as well as location were convenient and to your satisfaction.
I hope that if you decide to visit NYC again one day you will stay with us again!

646-710-5713

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (883)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Belle Mead, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Wanted to spend a week-end in the theater district, I booked this hotel for my wife and I. Prior to our visit I received an email from a staff member asking if they can help with our stay. NIce touch and great customer service. I have stayed in hotels in NYC before and the rooms are almost never ready at check in (3:00 PM). The staff member told me my room would be ready at 3:00 and since I had dinner reservations and show to catch afterward it was important. Well, the room was not ready, but no fret they had a nice comparable room ready which we gladly accepted. When we came back from our evening out we were greeted in the room with a nice Valentines Bag of chocolates, water and snacks with a personal greeting card. I have stayed at the Waldorf and they were not as gracious. This was an unexpected treat. The staff is nice, friendly and helpful. Before you leave they ask "do you know where you are going or can we give you directions". When you return they asked how was your day. True class and friendship especially in NYC. Check out was easy and today I received a thank you greeting form the hospitality director, again customer service at its finest. There are many places to stay in NYC and this was the finest place I have ever stayed. Rooms nice and clean, beds comfortable and since it has been renovated the carpet smelled fresh and clean. The hotel is within easy walking distance to all show theaters and restaurants and clubs. No cab or subway needed for transport. Price and affordability for midtown Manhattan is more than reasonable and with exceptional service this hotel is well worth it. When I return to Manhattan, this is the first place I will try and book a room. This was an enjoyable week-end get away.

Room Tip: Rooms in the corner are larger and contain a pull out soafa sleeper.
Dear Mitch-Kar,
Thank you for choosing our hotel on your recent weekend trip to NYC. I am delighted to know that we were able to create a memorable Valentine’s stay and “wow” you with an excellent service. We take a great pride in delivering exceptional customer service and it’s great to know that our hard work was recognized. Thank you for giving us opportunity to call you our guest and I hope that if you will travel to NYC again one day you will stay with us!
Marlton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Booked the hotel the day before Valentine's Day. Check-in was quick and easy. Getting the parking package helped with the flow of things. We were given a room with the city view, as I have requested. The room was clean and simple, but the bathroom seemed kind of small (not a big deal). The price for the room was reasonable, considering that it was a Friday and on Valentine's Day. I was really happy to find out that it was walking distance to TSQ. Most importantly, the staff went out of their way to provide us with what we needed and failed to bring to the hotel. It was a nice overnight stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better views of the city.
Dear charmedtraveIer,
Thank you for choosing our hotel on your recent overnight stay in NYC. I am thrilled to learn that you enjoyed the hotel and our staff went out their way to provide you with excellent service.
We truly value your positive feedback and I hope that on your next trip to NYC you will choose our hotel again!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I was recently in NY for a function. Our group stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square for the weekend. The staff was amazing and worked to make our stay phenomenal. Allison, Marcell, Donald and Joann each provide support, recommendations and helped make it a memorable weekend. The facility was clean, the room comfortable and the restaurant was tasty. I would HIGHLY recommend staying at this facility.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Don G,
Thank you so much for a wonderful review. I am delighted to hear that your stay exceeded your expectations and that our team members created a memorable experience, I will make sure to extend your compliments to all.
Thank you for giving us opportunity to call you our guest and we will be looking forward to welcome you back in the future!

Wilmington, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Stayed one night at this hotel. The room was small but very clean with a comfortable bed and nice linens. I would like to reiterate that the room was small but for us (2 people) it was just a landing pad for sleeping. The hotel has a nice convenience store right in the lobby and there's a drug store across the street. 1 block to subway and 1 stop to times square. I would definitely stay in this hotel again if I was doing something in that area. Also you have the Palm restaurant around the corner and a great bar restaurant Lily's. Overall a perfect location.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
TennileB, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Hi babs91,

Thank you for your kind words, I very much appreciate your taking the time to share your experience with the travel community. I see that you were able to maximize your time during your short visit by taking advantage of our very central location and visiting neighborhood hotspots like Lily's.

There is so much more to see and do, so on your next visit hopefully you can stay a little longer to enjoy all the attractions and conveniences of our prime location.

Until then,
Tennile Boyd
Director of Guest Experience
Gothenburg, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

We liked the fact that they have real Queen size beds, which makes the sleeping very comfortable for all 4 of us.

Our room 1023 had great wi-fi connection, good working TV and fridge. Nice clean rooom and bathroom, good working shower. Good housekeeping. We had breakfast at the Pigalle restaurant, and enjoyed all they had to offer.

They also have a parking garage, on the corner of the same building as the hotel, which makes it easy and convenient to park our car (we drove from Philadelphia) and we paid the parking at the front desk of the hotel at checkout ($85 for 2 nights).

10th floor is high up in the building which can result in full elevators when going down, so you may have to take the next one.

Summary of NYC:
Broadway shows, shopping, numerous restaurants of all tastes including vegetarians.

Room Tip: 1023 was a very good room, but a bit high up in the building, which may result in waiting for an ele...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Hi There Martin B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the travel community. I am absolutely delighted that you and your friends throughly enjoyed your time with us. Often times with everything being just a stone's throw from our location, our guests miss the amenities and conveniences we offer right in the hotel; such as all day dining in Pigalle or the discounted parking and who can be upset with the complimentary wifi.

It seems as you enjoy weekend trips to NYC with some regularity, so hopefully we'll get the opportunity to call you our guest once again. If I can ever be of any assistance please feel free to contact me directly.

Regards,
Tennile Boyd | Director of Guest Experience
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

I have just returned from a three night stay at the Hilton Garden Inn and can't thank the staff enough for making our short trip so memorable. I travelled with my six month old son and mum who was celebrating her 60th birthday. Joanna and her manager Tintell (apologies if I misspelt your name) from the customer care team arranged for some wonderful 'baked by Melissa' cupcakes, balloons and a card to be brought to our room to help celebrate our special occasion. It really made my mum's day. Tintell also offered us a high chair from the brasserie next door if we ever needed it in the room another great personal touch that made us feel welcome. The rooms were adequately sized for our needs and very clean.The staff were all very friendly and could not do enough for you. As an added bonus the hotel provides a self service Starbucks for guests every day.

The location of the hotel is perfect for shopping and sightseeing with everything you need on your doorstop. The grey line bus terminal is across the road if you want to travel a little further. We asked the concierge to arrange return tickets to Woodbury common which include a book of vouchers this cost $42.00 return.

Pigelle Brasserie is next door to the hotel and they supply the room service. One night it snowed so we ordered to our room. The food was so good we decided to celebrate my mothers birthday there and our dinner was equally to a high standard. I can recommend the salmon.

We are normally a little apprehensive of city centre chain hotels but the service we received from the hilton Times Square is on par with any small privately run hotel I have been too over the years. Would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to friends and colleagues.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Good Day,

Thank you for your extremely kind words. I can honestly say that both Joanna and myself had an absolutely delightful time creating such a memorable experience for your Mum's birthday.

I know that weather was not the best during your visit but I'm glad that did not hinder your trip and hopefully sometime in the future near or far you'll get to visit with us again.

Oh, and your apologies are well received, my name is not a common one :)

Until next time,
Tennile Boyd | Director of Guest Experience
Phone: 646-710-5713 | Fax: 212-974-0291

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Times Square? Share your experiences!