“Great location.....” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 451 hotels in New York City
Vancouver, Canada
“Great location.....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

What a fab location, clean, comfortable, and convenient, close to theatre district, drugstore and food places nearby...walking distance to almost everything.

The only thing I did not enjoy was the breakfast in the hotel downstairs....but loved that the hotel room had a microwave so I could just heat up foods that I wanted.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Joanna B, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Kathleen6868,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience on your recent stay. I am very happy hearing that you enjoyed the hotel and its location. It’s sad that the breakfast served in the restaurant was not to your like but I’m glad that you took advantage of room amenities.
I hope we will get a chance to welcome you back in the future and if so I will be happy to provide you with some great breakfast dining suggestions.
Joanna Butcher
Guest Experience Manager
joanna.butcher@hilton.com
646-710-5713

4,240 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (757)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Canton, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Spent a week here this summer (August) while we were in town for my wife's surgery at the Hospital for Special Surgery. It's the second time we've stayed here, and we've found the location to be convenient for getting around and with food/services close by. Staff got to know us while we were there, and the doorman even arranged for a limo ride back to the airport on our last day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Joanna B, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Brian G,
It is a great pleasure reading your comments. I hope that your wife is feeling better; I am happy that we were able to create a memorable stay for you and her. We will be looking forward to your next trip and I encourage you to contact me next time when you will be staying with us!
Joanna Butcher
Guest Experience Manager
joanna.butcher@hilton.com
646-710-5713
Warrington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

My partner and I stayed here in early November. The staff on the desk were fabulous. The guys on the door were extra helpful. The room was a king sized double. It was first class. If we return to NY then we would definitely stay here.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
TennileB, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Hi There Tony G,

It's GREAT to read your feedback on your recent experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square because the entire team works hard to ensure that satisfaction of our guests. So I am thrilled that you and your partner had such a good time and experienced this first hand.

Should your travels bring you back to NYC, I look forward to welcoming you back once again.

Phone: 646-710-5713 | Fax: 212-974-0291
tennile.boyd@hilton.com
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

We recently spent 3 nights at this hotel and found it to be the perfect spot from which to see the sights of NYC. We were just minutes from the Broadway theaters and Radio City Music Hall and an easy walk to Herald Square and the Empire State Building. The hotel is also just across the street from the subway that runs to the area of the 9/11 memorial, finance district, Freedom Tower, etc., and is also just far enough from the bright lights and hubbub of Times Square.
Our room was on the 9th floor facing 8th Ave., not high enough to have any view but just high enough to avoid the street noise. It was one of the quietest hotel stays we've had! Our room was comfortable and clean, with the amenities that one would expect in a Hilton property.
The complimentary breakfast buffet (courtesy of Hilton Honors) was plentiful (eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, french toast, pancakes, cereal, sweet rolls, yoghurt) and the service was polite, prompt and friendly. The only negative is that exactly the same items were served each day - no variation - minor thing since it was free and substantial.
There is a rooftop bar, but the only access to it is to walk outside around the corner, down a dark corridor and up an elevator. There wasn't much of a view and only a couple other customers, so we didn't stay. We found the adjoining restaurant's bar to be more inviting.
We would definitely return to this hotel on future trips to NYC.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
TennileB, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Hi PTCtravelerJO,

Thank you for choosing Hilton Garden Inn Times Square for your NYC excursion. You really maximized your time, visiting all the key attractions including our own XVI and Pigalle. I am delighted that after a day out you were able to return to a nice quiet and comfortable room.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming back in the future.

Regards,

tennile.boyd@hilton.com |
Hitchin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Good accommodation with nice rooms (with a reasonable view if you're in front facing room). Staff are courteous and polite but so are most service sector staff, particularly in the US, when a tip is possible!

Major drawback of this hotel is the lack of a restaraunt. The attached "associated" establishment is fine but quite expensive with a pretence of grandeur that doesn't quite have authenticity. This sounds negative but it’s just not quite like having an in-house facility.

Hotel and rooms are very clean and well appointed. WiFi is excellent and the bed comfortable.

Would I stay here again? Yes. Will I visit NY again? Probably no.

I must just add that my judgement may have been affected by the fact that I didn't get more than 2 hours sleep at any time. First night was acclimatising, next few nights were disturbed by having the USA Olympic sex champs in the room next to mine. Every hour for over 30 minutes at a time they were at 'it'. If I here the phrase "Oh my god" one more time it will be one time too many!

Room Tip: Ask for a room at front of building if you don't like brick walls. If you need peace then ask fo...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Good Day lmafudd,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the travel community. The goal of my entire team is to exceed the expectation of all of our guests and I am truly sorry that not only were you kept up by noisy neighbors but you did not find the restaurant to be impressive. I do hope that you had the opportunity to bring forth your concerns prior to check out and we were able to satisfactorily resolve them.

Thank you again and if I can be of any assistance now or in the future please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

tennile.boyd@hilton.com
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Although we stayed here for only one night, the location of the hotel was ideal, close enough to Times Square but far enough not to hear any noise. It was close to many subway stations too.

The staff in the hotel were friendly and the rooms were a very good size although the bathroom was smaller than we thought. The bed was comfy and met our expectations. There was wifi which was good too. We would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Adathan,

Thank you for providing us the opportunity to call you our guest. I am glad to learn that you not only found the hotel to be centrally located but also the staff to be friendly and the room to be adequately sized and comfortable.

I sincerely hope to welcome you back the next time your travels bring you to the NYC area. If I can be of any assistance now or in the future please so not hesitate to contact me directly.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

In general terms its a good, not so noise and clean room. Room service from restaurant is OK. The one bad thing about this hotel is that you have to think well before buying stuff on internet to delivey there before you arrive. In my visit I order some packages and the front desk lost one of them. I recovered the package on the last day after a lot of work trying to convince the staff that USPS didn't was wrong but, at that time, I had bought another from local stores.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Good Day Cristiano164,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the travel community. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the confusion regarding your packages. We do have procedures in place for receiving and delivering packages to avoid unfortunate situations such as yours; I am not certain what went wrong but please know that we will investigate and continue to work diligently to ensure our guests' satisfaction.

If you wish to discuss this matter further please feel free to contact me directly.

Regards,
tennile.boyd@hilton.com |

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Times Square? Share your experiences!