“Outstanding Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Middletown, Virginia
“Outstanding Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

It was a great location, to shows and time square. The stores and restaurants were also very good near the hotel. The beds are very nice and comfortable. The hotel customer service is top notch. We will stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (820)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
Shakopee, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Great location!!---within walking distance to most of the major attractions. Loved it!..service was great. Someone always there to greet you at the door----always asking to help you. Location Location Location is everything in NYC.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
white marsh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This was a business trip for six area sales Rep.
As a team, we were tossed between several hotels in the NYC Time Square area until we spoke to Tayshia.
Tayshia, not only was she very pleasant to speak with she also shared her profound knowledge of NYC from dinning out to how to get around via the subway and or taxi.
It was the perfect pitch for a group of eager sales folks.
She kept us updated regarding rates, hotel availability and current events including the nightlife in the Time Square area. We had a ball.
We all are Hilton Honors members.
Tayshia and the rest of the staff including the all of the bellmen were just outstanding. This is one of the many reasons why we chosen Hilton as our preferred hotel brand.
As a team we have voted to return to the Hilton Garden inn, NCY Time Square.
Thank you, Tayshia.

Room Tip: Book your room early, Walking distance to the theather district and plenty great restaurants
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
West Monroe, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

The hotel stay was great! Excellent stay and within walking distance of Times Square, Rockefeller Center, St Patrick's Cathedral, subway station, TKTS booth, and many great places to eat! Will definitely stay here again!!!! Kind of pricey, but it was December!

• Stayed December 2012
Leeds
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

We had quite a long walk up from Penn Street station and on arrival at the hotel immediately felt it had been worthwhile as the entrance was trimmed up for Xmas which gave a warm welcome. At firat we were disappointed at a rear facing room (level 12) but that was the best ever as it was so so quiet as opposed to a front facing room, with all the traffic. The room was quite big and everything we expected especially the 6ft wide bed.. The only criticism would be that the bathroom was a little dated and the tiles had seen better days. The staff were all very courteus and helpful. A tip for those visiting New York wanting to use a British electrical adapter- the normal adapted that we have used in America is not compatible as the prongs are too wide . The hotel shop sells them for about 5$ so we bought one there. We had lunch in the attached restaurant, the Pigalle. The staff were very friendly and the service good but we thought our sandwiches and fries at around 40$ quite expensive. Over the road is a diner called The Olympic which is where we went for breakfast each day giving amazing quality and value and if you sit at the bar you get very quick efficient service. It is well worth recommending - for 5$.70 we had 2 eggs (cooked however you wanted), potatoes, toast, juice and re-fillable coffee.

Room Tip: Ask for a rear room as high as possible
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have been asked on multiple occasions through emails to rate my stay at the Hilton Garden Inn “Times Square”. I have not done so due to the fact I was extremely disappointed. It seems like Diamond members aren’t appreciated in this neck of the woods i.e. city.

Stay – I wish I knew I did not have an opportunity to receive an upgrade in this hotel. When I arrived I was told that we don’t have upgrades due to no suites. This may have been an oversight on my part however I am use to Hilton Garden Inns with such options.

Hotel Overall the hotel was average, nothing to write home about and customer service was extremely in a New York fashion. Get use to the word “NEXT IN LINE”. I only dear challenge the management to observe and step back and ensure they recognize Diamond members. This hotel was to the ranks of a motel (room 323) and did not deserve the 40000 points I gave up.

Room – I was hurriedly placed in room 323 in which I had the pleasure of barely watching (due to the extremely filthy room and window) the rooftop of the kitchen of the restaurant below. Windows were filthy. Room was just okay. I would have rather stayed on the street side however once again as a Diamond, one had no say or choice. It was a hurried moment. “NEXT”

Breakfast – I received a voucher for breakfast and gladly went to breakfast until I request that the restaurant bring me some “real eggs”. I understand there was a buffet however I know that in most buffets the scramble eggs are really egg beats and the eggs mix comes out of a box. I politely asked for a “cracked egg’ (over easy) and was then provided a lecture from three individuals that if they were to order an egg from the kitchen I would have to get charged from the menu. (Meaning, the breakfast voucher would not be valid because I requested “real eggs”.) Are you kidding me, a Diamond member request a “cracked egg and he/she needs to listen to a dissertation of why it is not feasible to get a real egg without paying more. I think this is extremely baseless and extremely bothersome. I was extremely disgusted and paid my $20.00 FOR THE “FREE” BUFFET I was entitled to as a Diamond.

He bottom line is that fact this hotel was up to standard and when in a prime area, it too should be prime. Rather than a lecture of why not to provide a “real” and “cracked” egg, the time it took to give me a dissertation about eggs the check could have made 100 orders of “real cracked” eggs.

I will never come back to this hotel and will encourage my “none important” other Diamond member to not book at this hotel.

I look forward to receiving my 40,000 points back for such a 5K stay.

Management….. Do the right thing and give me back my 40K.

Room Tip: Do not accept room 323.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
LauraMaldonado, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear Spryisle,

We are grateful to consider you a loyal guest and we appreciate the time you took to fill out a review on Tripadvisor about your recent stay with us. Your feedback is invaluable to us.

Every Hilton property has a different way to recognize our loyal members. Hilton Garden Inns do it with the My Way choice of Breakfast or Bonus Points. However, I can assure you that we treat every guest with the same level of respect and appreciation. After all, every Diamond Member was a new traveler.

I noticed that you selected the Breakfast option and were not satisfied with the scrambled eggs. I can assure you our breakfast is prepared daily to ensure freshness. For your convenience we offer the option of Full American Buffet breakfast or a selection from the a la cart menu.

I understand your overall experience was disappointing and I would like to take full ownership and have an opportunity to discuss with you ways to make amends.

With kind regards,

Laura Maldonado
Director of Guest Experience
212-581-7000
laura.maldonado@hilton.com
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

What can I say, everything was perfect: Location, Guest Relations, Room, Noise Level, Restaurant for breakfast, everything. I was contacted a couple days before check-in by Joanna Butcher in Guest Experiences. I told her about how I wanted a room on a high floor (as I had read previous reviews about being able to hear the subway from lower floors), and she made sure I had a room on the top (15th) floor. She also made sure that all my other preferences were honored (King Bed, feather pillows, and complimentary breakfast at the restaurant under my Gold HHonors status). We were even able to check-in with no problems at 10:30 a.m. (well before check-in time) as I let her know we would be arriving to the city early. Joanna even surprised us on Saturday with a bag of goodies for our Gold member amenities, complete with a nice note from the Hotel manager and herself. We really felt important and like we had individual service catered to our needs, although I know we were just two out of hundreds of guests that weekend. As we made our way around the city throughout the weekend, we realized more and more about how perfect the location was. We were in walking distance to Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Radio City Music Hall, Central Park, FAO Schwartz, Broadway, etc. And there was a subway literally a block away for when we travelled to lower manhattan to see the 9/11 Memorial, NYSE, Washington Square Park, etc. The restaurant was also wonderful and convenient. Anything you would ever want for breakfast, quick service, and it was free to us as Gold members! So we could roll out of bed, grab a wonderful breakfast to give us energy, and then get out and about! Our stay, again, was perfection. Thank you so much to Joanna and the rest of the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square staff. We will be staying here when visiting Manhattan again.

Room Tip: We couldn't hear the subway or the street noise at all from our floor. We were on the top (15th...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Times Square? Share your experiences!