“20 year anniversary” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #51 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Nashville, Tennessee
“20 year anniversary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My husband and I came to NYC for our 20th anniversary. Upon arrival at the check in desk the hotel personnel learned it was our anniversary and upgraded our room for us as a gift!!! Totally blown away by the gesture and totally thankful. We dropped our bags off in our room and set out to take in the sights, later when returned we found a bottle of champagne and two flutes along with a card from the staff wishing us a happy 20 year anniversary. It is attention to detail and excellent customer service that separates the Hilton Garden Inn Time Square from the other hotels we could have choose. We will definitely be returning to this Hilton Garden Inn when we visit NYC in the future.
Sincerely;
Terri G
Nashville,TN

Room Tip: Corner rooms have the best views.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (887)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Hockessin, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

Annually take family to NYC marking the start of our Holiday Season. Frictionless service from the staff enabled a very nice stay. Can't beat the location and the restaurant is convenient for all dining needs. A special thank you to Joanna who was delightful and eager to ensure all was good with our stay.

Room Tip: Request a room looking up 47th street - as far over as you can get.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Monroe, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My husband and I were planning a trip to NYC and wanted to use our HiltonHonors points. I booked the Hilton Garden Inn site unseen because it required fewer points than the New York Hilton (where I usually stay). I will never stay anywhere else again! It was clean, well-run, and very convenient to all the plays we had booked. The last day of our trip I returned to my room and went to the safe for my iPad. It was not there! I doubted myself about putting it in the safe, so I thought it had been stolen. I called the Guest Services manager, Joanna Butcher, and she and a security person were in my room in 5 minutes. They took all our information and headed out to investigate with housekeeping, etc. In 10 minutes she was back with the Asst. Front Desk Manager, Alfredo Inoa. He asked me if I had "Find my iPad" on iCloud. Long story short, he took me to the business office where I accessed my account. My iPad was IN the safe turned sideways against the side wall. None of us had seen it in there! They were so happy I ad found it and so was I. These two people were just an example of how nice the staff is in this hotel. I was very favorably impressed and will stay there on all future trips!

Room Tip: Rooms on back are quieter.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I took my son to NYC over Thanksgiving for his 18th birthday and can not say enough great things about this hotel. They checked in with us prior to our arrival and asked for preferences and in my note I had mentioned it was his bday. When we arrived, several employees made it a point to stop and wish him a happy birthday. The first night, we found bday cupcakes in our room and a card from the staff. Very few hotels would go to this extent to ensure he had a great stay.
All of the staff was friendly, helpful with parade information, and we were greeted every time we talked into the building. I've stayed in many NYC hotels within the area and same price range and HGI had nice size rooms and they were clean! The restaurant downstairs is also fantastic! I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Estela L, Guest Experience Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Dear Janet572,

It is so great to know that we are able to create a memorable 18th birthday for your son! I am happy to know he enjoyed the birthday cupcakes left in your room. Thank you for informing us ahead of time so we were able to create that special moment. I hope that you got a great view of the parade and were able to enjoy all of New York City!

We are so glad that we will be able to welcome you back in the future and create another great stay!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Recently my wife and I had the chance to take advantage of HiltonHonors points for a stay in NYC. Chose this location simply because of it's Hilton affiliation. But...What a find! Outstanding location to everything Midtown and beyond! Took Amtrak to Penn Station, walked up 8th to hotel, got early check-in and from an advanced preference survey I'd received, had everything in place upon our arrival. Joanna and Alfredo were the best customer advocates I've seen! Room was spacious, clean and quiet (back side) but 8th Avenue side has best views. Housekeeping was very pleasant and expressed sincere appreciation for our business. Proximity to Pagalli Bistro (with their helpful staff) and morning coffee in lobby helped start the days off right. Be it for future business or another personal trip to NYC, I'll return to this hotel again and again!

Room Tip: Backside, upper floor rooms away from 8th Avenue are quiet but upper floor front side rooms have gre...
Dear Dennis R,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback on your recent stay to the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square. We are delighted that you found our property to be a GEM in the middle of such a large city!

It is great to know that the Listening Post questionnaire helped personalize your stay and Joanna with Alfredo were ambassadors of our great service. Our housekeeping teams takes pride in their work and are very diligent in providing you with clean rooms with welcoming smiles.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future and provide another great stay!

Northumberland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Great hotel, ideal location and staff very helpful and friendly.
The rooms were very clean, beds comfy and towels changed daily.
We would definitely stay here again and recommend to our friends and family.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Great location for those who want easy access to Times Square, theaters and shopping. There are a number of good restaurants and quick ethnic food options right on the block, open late.
The hotel appears old in the hallways and bathrooms, but the staff made up for it. The staff went the extra mile to meet a request for cleanliness in the room because of allergies, and even put an air purifier inside. HHonors Gold benefits were all fully met, and a decent breakfast buffet was served in attached restaurant. We would return in the future, at a competitive price.

Dear Brazilflyer333,

My name is Estela Lopez and I am the Guest Experience Manager at the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square and I would like to personally thank you for your review. The team at our hotel truly cares for our guests and go above and beyond to make sure that they create memorable experiences.

I am happy to inform you that we will be undergoing a renovation in the upcoming year! We hope that we are able to welcome you back after our renovation and you experience our new modern rooms.

Estela.lopez@hilton.com

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Times Square? Share your experiences!