“Ideal Location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #47 of 457 Hotels in New York City
Bourton-on-the-Water, United Kingdom
“Ideal Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

This was our first visit to New York and we could not have been better situated to walk to the main locations in Central Manhatton. Just a block away from Times Square, and very close to all the theatres. The hotel is clean and modern, the rooms spacious and well equiped. One of the best hotel beds we have ever slept in. The staff were very friendly and helpful. There is an excellent restaurant (The Pigalle) right next door.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (880)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Southeast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Right around the corner from all the theaters, near great shopping, next to a charming French cafe and across from a classic NYC diner, helpful staff and spacious rooms. In a really nice NYC neighborhood where people actually say hello and hold doors open. What more could you ask for? I'll be back.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Espoo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We loved this hotel. Location is excellent. Subway stations are very close, and it takes only a couple of minutes to walk to the Times Square. There are multiple very good restaurants close to the hotel. Our room was very nice. We loved having a free wifi. The parking garage is right next to the hotel, and everything worked very well. Driving in Manhattan is quite an experience, and it takes some patience to drive through the tunnels. We suggest taking the Lincoln tunnel. We loved the experience and we'd love to return one day.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Estela L, Guest Experience Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear Terot

Driving in New York City is an adventure on its own and we are glad you made it safely. The parking garage next door is a great option for those guests’s who are taking road trips into our great city.

I hope that you were able to try some of New York City’s unique and amazing restaurants just blocks from our property. New York City is so diverse that you are able to find different ethnic cuisines all within block proximity.

The complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the hotel is a great amenity; especially in our current technological days; I am happy to know you found it beneficial.

I am glad that our team was able to create a memorable experience for you and you are thinking of returning. Please be sure to reach out to me so I make sure you have another grand time.

Warm Regards,

Estela Lopez
Guest Experience Manager
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square
Champaign, Illinois, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I was in NYC for the first time and chose this hotel based on its location. We were not disappointed. It was an easy walk to all of the theaters, Central Park, shopping, and tons of restaurants. The hotel itself was clean and modern. The staff was very friendly and willing to answer questions. Most importantly to me, the hotel was very quiet inside. The restaurant attached to the hotel also offered a decent brunch on the weekends at a moderate price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

I loved this hotel from the moment I stepped in, the lobby was really clean and the reception staff were very nice! This hotel is all you need for a great stay in new york city, Duane Reade is just across the road and time square was just a 5 minute walk away. The wifi was great, incredibly fast/ free and easy to connect to. There was also a great food emporium a quick 3 minute walk away which was very convenient!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

For the price we paid, and the experience received, this hotel was excellent. We were in NYC during Superstorm Sandy, but if you didn't leave the hotel you would never have known! The hotel was well run, very clean and generally pleasant to stay in.

Great location for tourists. Very close to a number of subway stations and you can walk to a lot of key places. Heaps of theatres around, if that's your thing. As getting around was difficult when we were there, we ate predominately at restaurants we could walk to, and using Yelp we found some real gems nearby.

We had a King room, which was large by NYC standards. Good, comfy bed too. We were on the 14th floor, but you could open the window, which I loved in terms of getting fresh air in. Windows were double glazed also, so the traffic noise wasn't an issue (as it cain be in NY)!

Would definitely recommend and return.

Room Tip: As you're in NY, the higher floors are better to combat street noise!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I picked this hotel for my first NYC trip. I had so many things planned and coming from a warm place (sun 365 days a year) I wanted to be central, but also get a good deal for my money.
The rooms are just what you need. Not too big, not too small. Even though the room I was in the bed was completely worn through on the right side and caused back problems. I ended up sleeping diagonal in the bed. I was in room 1120, management should put a bed board under the mattress or at least check that room.
Rooms come with a fridge, a microwave and a coffee maker which gets replenished on a daily basis.
I had brought some tea with me to drink at night to keep warm, but did not need so as the room was comfortable warm enough and the hot steamy shower kicked out the cold of walking around the city all day.
Security measures are taken as they ask you to show a room key when you come in from outside to prevent strangers from walking through hallways.
Upon check in I was offered either breakfast for two or 750 extra Hilton Honors points. As it was just me travelling, I asked if I could get breakfast for one person and half of the points. The very nice Front Desk Agent told me he'll give me both, which he did.
Very nice. Staff is very friendly and working in a hotel myself, I do pay attention to people's attitude.
Breakfast buffet is all you need to get started for a busy day. The waiters are sometimes overwhelmed and seem a bit annoyed.
I was surprised to see employees walk around non-Hilton-Standard like with earrings working in F&B; but it didn't put a damper on my trip.
One bad thing about the restaurant: too many tables: I'd rather wait another 15- 20 minutes than be stuck behind a table on a long bench from where I cannot move.
I had to push tables together to get out from behind the table to go to the buffet. Not a problem when the tables next to you are empty. A bigger problem but later during the course of my breakfast as the tables next to me where occupied. I was stuck on the couch. Couldn't move. Terrible. We had to move three different tables for me to get out. That was the only bad thing, hence just a very good and not excellent.
For my future NYC trip, I would definitely choose this hotel again.

Room Tip: - bring earplugs. The noise of the city (for any non-city sleeper) will keep you up at night
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
LauraMaldonado, Director of Guest Experience at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Jules S,

Thank you so much for taking time to leave feedback on your recent stay. I am very happy to hear that you did enjoy your stay and we were able to meet your expectations. I would like to truly apologize for the inconvenience with the bed and assure you that our housekeeping will take action to fix the problem. I am sorry to hear that you weren’t fully satisfied with your experience in the restaurant. Since Pigalle is not affiliated with our hotel I will bring your concerns and suggestions to their management’s attention.

We strive to deliver exceptional service and make sure that our guests are fully satisfied with their stay, so if you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I hope that we will get a chance to welcome you back to our property in the future.

With kind regards,

Laura Maldonado
Director of Guest Experience
212-581-7000
laura.maldonado@hilton.com

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Times Square? Share your experiences!