Great location one block from Times Square and a Subway station. Room was a decent size by New York standards and the fridge and microwave was a welcome bonus. There was a deli and pizza place just across the road and a Starbucks next door which was convenient
Having read other reviews before we booked we paid extra for a high floor and were glad we did for even on the 11th floor we had a lot of noise from 8th Avenue - not a problem but on the lower floors it would have been.
Maybe I had been expecting too much having read other reviews or maybe it was the fact that we tagged this visit on to two weeks at Walt Disney World where service is second to none but I felt the service was nothing special and certainly not welcoming. At check-in we were simply handed keys and left to find our room with no offer to help with luggage. At check out we had to ask to have our luggage stored as a late check out past 2pm incurred a half day room charge (we were not being collected until 4pm). This was all a bit of a carry on trying to find the bellman/porter who then just handed me a sheet of stickers to attach to our luggage and leave it lying in front of reception a few yards from the front door until he would take it away. Disappointing
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Times Square Hotel New York City
- Hilton Garden Inn Times Square Hotel
- Hilton Garden Inn Manhattan
- Hilton New York City
- Hilton Garden Inn New York
- Times Square Hilton Garden Inn
- New York City Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prime Times Square location with COMPLIMENTARY amenities including Internet, fitness center, business center & more! Hilton Garden Inn Times Square is a modern hotel with best Times Square location that is steps from Broadway theaters, Restaurant Row, TKTS discount theater ticket booth, famous 42nd Street and much more. Located on Eighth Avenue at 48th Street in the heart of Times Square, the hotel is in the midst of New York City’s best restaurants, lively nightlife, sightseeing and shopping. Hilton Garden Inn Times Square is walking distance to all major subway lines, Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, Carnegie Hall, the Museum of Modern Art, Jacob Javits Convention Center and Port Authority Bus Terminal plus is convenient to all (3) area airports.The hotel features 369 oversized, contemporary-styled guestrooms each equipped with 32-inch LCD flat panel television, refrigerator, microwave, safe, coffeemaker large work desk with ergonomic chair and complimentary Internet access with secure remote printing to the hotel’s Business Center. COMPLIMENTARY amenities include high-speed lobby and guestroom Internet access, 24-hour Business Center, 24-hour Fitness Center, morning coffee and tea in the lobby and USA Today®. Additional onsite amenities include Pigalle Restaurant and Lounge (a 1950’s style Paris café that is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner), XVI Rooftop Lounge (the only Hilton Garden Inn in Manhattan with a rooftop bar!), evening room service, 24-hour Pavilion Pantry (stocked with your favorite snacks, drinks & toiletries) and Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self parking is available. The hotel allows service pets. 24-hour Security onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Amex, Hilton Hotels, Tingo, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Hotels.com so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.