“"This is the Place for us"” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15% this summer!
Ranked #86 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Almond
“"This is the Place for us"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

My family of 5, including 3 boys ages 11,12,13 had a marvelous experience at the Hilton Garden Inn T.S. We had two rooms both of which had comfortable beds---we are thinking of buying a queen 'suite dreams' bed for home now! The service was superb-great help when checking in, getting bags upstairs, etc. Always willing to answer questions with patience. We are especially pleased with the service from housekeeping and Indira. We left a phone charger there, but didn't realize it until a few days later. I phoned, they checked and it was in lost and found. Indira worked hard to make sure it was ours and they shipped it free of charge to us. Traveling with a family of five is exhilarating, but exasperating when trying to find lodging--H.G.T.S. is the place for us!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,014)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

This was my 2nd time at the Hilton Garden Inn. I stayed there last year for 2 nights with my daughter to see a Broadway show and had a great time. Unfortunately, this time was okay. We selected the Deluxe Double room and requested an early check-in as well as a room on a higher floor. Arrived in NYC at 11:00 am and immediately had a room even though the lobby was filled with guests waiting for a room. Unfortunately, we were given a room on the 6th floor, which was the same floor we stayed at last year in the "standard room". As an FYI, the street noise, subway noise, fire station noise, can be heard 24-7 (loud and clear) if you have a room on the lower floors. When I asked if they had any rooms available on a higher floor, I was told "no", even though 2 guests ahead of us were placed in rooms on the 11th and 14th floors. Since I had 2 tired teenagers in tow, I didn't have the energy to argue. The room was clean but the bathroom had mold on the walls in the shower and wallpaper peeling from the walls. We stayed there for 2 nights and wanted to add a 3rd night since we were having such a great time in NYC, but I just couldn't do it. We checked out and stayed for 1 night at another hotel on Times Square. All in all, the location for this hotel cannot be beat but I think twice was enough for me.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Nicole_Cermele, Guest Experience Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Times Square, responded to this review, August 7, 2011
Dear calidreamer067,

Please accept my sincerest apologies for our service falling below your expectations. I can assure you that we do our very best to make sure that each and every one of our guests are extremely satisfied with their stays. I am happy to know that we were able to check you into a room upon your arrival to our hotel. I know how exhausting traveling can be and it is always nice to be able to settle in once you arrive. I do apologize that the room was not to your liking. The sixth floor of our hotel is the starting floor for deluxe rooms so it may be possible that you recieved a complimentary upgrade during your first stay with us. I will bring the issue of the bathroom walls to the attention of my housekeeping and engineering staff so that any issues may be resolved. I do hope that you are willing to stay with us again. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly so that I can personally ensure that your 3rd time is the charm!

Nicole Cermele
Morgantown, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Our trip was for my granddaughter's 21stt birthday. We had requested an early check in as we had matinee tickets for a Broadway play. I called the hotel because we were running late due to transportation. When we arrived, Stanley was waiting for us and stated that he had talked with me on the phone and he had everything ready. Stanley checked us in immediately and made sure our room was just what we wanted. The hotel is walking distance to all sites. Our room was very clean and a great view of NYC. Our weekend stay was lovely and I would recommend calling the hotel directly for any special needs. We were provided with maps, tour books, etc. We thank Stanley for helping make our trip so very special.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Dear lazyday_11,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square. Your opinion is important to us.

It’s great to know you enjoyed our hotel and its wonderful location. We are indeed just a number of steps from some of the greatest sights New York has to offer.

I am pleased to hear that Stanley helped make your stay perfect! Our staff is constantly working to exceed our guest’s expectiations.

We very much look forward to having you again. If you have any questions or requests pertaining to your next visit please feel free to directly contact me.

Jared Miners
(212) 581-7000
Nicosia, Cyprus
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

The hotel is very close to the Times Square and all the main attractions. Easy to walk to the shops, theatres and the Central Park. Room: basic but clean, the bathroom was a little bit small. Service: Very good. Food: the restaurant next door has nice food in reasonable prices.Free wi fi in the room. Overall is good value for money.

Room Tip: rooms at low floor suffer from noice from the street
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

The perfect hotel in NYC. My wife and I spent a weekend in NYC and we could not have asked for a better location and hotel overall. Room was spacious and extremely comfortable.
Easy access to the subway, Penn Station, Times Square, Broadway, Central Park, The Met, Rockefeller Center, food, fun and shopping. Excellent customer service and experience throughout! We even had a security guard help us with directions and suggestions on what to see and do.
When we return to NYC, we will definitely stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear HeidiKaneshiro,

First of all we would like to thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square. Every bit of feedback is greatly valued.

I am so glad to know our hotel exceeded your overall expectations! Our entire staff goes above and beyond each day to do so.

As for our location, it really can’t be beat. Like you mentioned, we are conveniently located within steps of public transportation, and within walking distance of some of the greatest attractions this city has to offer!

We very much look forward to your return. If you have any questions or comments pertaining to your next stay please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.

Jared Miners
(212) 581-7000
Kinderhook, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

I was contacted by the hotel a week before arrival with a survey. I indicated it was our anniversary. When we arrived we were presented with a bottle of champagne for the special occasion. The staff could not have been more attentive.
The breakfast is first class all the way. They also offer dinner and the hotel is very close to all the theaters. Great place, great people!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

I've stayed at many hotels throughout the us for business and pleasure. The staff at the Hilton garden was very accommodating. Will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Times Square? Share your experiences!