“Opera Trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Washington Jefferson Hotel

You added Washington Jefferson Hotel to your Saves list
Washington Jefferson Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   318 West 51st Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Hell's Kitchen)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
*Long Term Commitment*
Ranked #254 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Ithaca
“Opera Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

A convenient walk to Lincoln Center and Restaurants. Excellent service at the Hotel, friendly, helpful staff. I highly recommend this hotel for its location in the hub of the theater district and closeness to Lincoln Center. Easy to get to from the George Washington Bridge. Thank you!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
  • Thai first
Cresskill
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Great location. The room is basic. Bathroom is very good with a whirlpool bath. I love that I can open the windows for fresh air. Ordering ice was fairly quick but I would have preferred self service.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Laurel, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I was so impressed with this hotel. The staff were so welcoming, friendly, and helpful. The decor is beautiful. Cleanliness is superb. LOVED that they offer a free luggage check both before your checkin time and after you check out!!! I definitely didn't want to be toting my bags all over the city during the day. They gave me a free upgrade to a room with a king bed and jacuzzi bathtub when I checked in. No idea why, but it was awesome. Normally I would never soak in a hotel tub but this tub was sparkling clean. The toiletries smell really nice, lavender and peppermint. And the location cannot be better. It is one block from the subway and two blocks from Broadway. I was able to easily walk to the shows I went to, didn't need to worry about trying to get a cab after. Easy walking distance to Times Square, too. I recommend everything about this hotel and will always stay here from now on when coming to the city. It could not be better. I booked through Priceline.com which linked to booking.com and my room was only about $125 a night before taxes. Don't know if summer prices will increase a lot, but I was expecting to pay a LOT more for a nice hotel in New York. Super pleased with the whole experience.

• Stayed February 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I stayed for 3 weeks in WJ. It was first time in NYC and was looking for hotels near Times Square which was near to my work location and in the range of $120 - $150. I stumbled upon WJ and booked for a week stay going by trip advisor ratings. In couple of days I made up my mind to continue here all 3 weeks. Overall stay was good, hotel staff is very humble and helpful 24X7. Rooms are adequately small, standard rooms are better (specifically *34 series, I stayed in 634 for 2 weeks). Location is another advantage. Very close to subway C&E. Some more at couple of block distance. Timesquare is 2-3 blocks. All dining places on 9th street just a block away. Within a mile you can reach almost 40-50% of locations to visit in Manhattan.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

West Bountiful, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

I loved this place. The Plaza or Waldorf it wasn't but then I didn't have to pay $1000's for my stay either. It was just a clean comfortable room with a hot shower in the morning before my days adventures and a nice place to lay my head at night. Walking distance to everything Broadway and close to subway stations for adventures uptown or downtown. All at an extremely reasonable "Manhattan" price. Thanks to WJ Hotel staff.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Waterloo, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Great last-minute price and location could not be better! We booked because our flight was moved and the staff was understanding and very helpful. We will definitely be back to this hotel the next time we're in NYC

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

This was my third trip to NYC and my second to WJH. We came deliberately for the Super Bowl weekend and were not disappointed. The hotel was just as I remembered it to be and both my husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Been to Washington Jefferson Hotel? Share your experiences!