I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights on a business trip to NYC. The location and price were my main reasons for choosing it, and it could not have been more convenient to my business needs (all in midtown) and to restaurants. There is a subway stop (blue line) just around the corner, plus red, yellow, and orange trains within 2-3 blocks' walk. Plenty of eating and bars extremely close by, and the price (in January) was fantastic.
However, the overall quality could improve. The room was very small, which didn't bother me, but also very dark-- no overhead light, only two small lamps. The bathroom had ample light, and I often left the bathroom door open to better illuminate the room. Wasn't working in the room, so again, not a huge issue. My room was on the third floor facing the street, and on one night, there was significant street noise from a bar opposite. Drilling in the street directly outside starting at 9am on several mornings-- annoying, but not severe, since I was getting ready for work by then.
Bed was great, very clean and comfortable. Bathroom amenities excellent. Soft towels changed daily. No intrusive housekeeping service, but always efficient.
The hotel advertises a 24-hour fitness center, but half of the equipment was busted and unusable. Lock to hold the seat in place on the exercise bike was broken, and the treadmill had an out-of-sort, "sorry for temporary unavailability" sign on it for my entire stay. Were they making an effort to get it repaired at all? The free weight bench was not broken.
Room was a bit cold the first night, but fine all the others. The staff were very friendly, helpful, and efficient.
On the whole, I would stay here again if the price were in this range. Next time I might personally change the lightbulbs to make the room brighter, and I'll hope that weather permits exercise in the Park. I've stayed at a Holiday Inn nearby, with much bigger rooms and fewer issues, but this definitely had an even better location.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Washington Jefferson
- Washington Jefferson Hotel New York
- Washington Jefferson New York City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Everyone has a New York story. What will be yours?The Washington Jefferson Hotel beckons with comfortable, unpretentious accommodations, a warm staff and an exceptional, customer-oriented experience. Stay in one of our 135 rooms and suites equipped with complimentary wireless Internet access, Frette linens and towels, iPod docking stations, a daily copy of The New York Times, luxury bathroom amenities and flat-screen HDTVs.Discover an NYC boutique hotel that is both pleasantly tucked away and yet right in the middle of the action. The WJ is one of the most conveniently located hotels near Times Square, just steps from the best of Broadway shows and musicals, as well as Restaurant Row, Central Park, Rockefeller Center and various other attractions. Whether you are here to make big business deals or gaze upon the city’s legendary sights, the WJ Hotel is here to help write your ideal New York story. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Washington Jefferson Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.