“Ride 2the Airport” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ameritania Hotel

Save Saved
You added Ameritania Hotel to your Saves list
Ameritania Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   230 West 54th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #120 of 451 hotels in New York City
Los Angeles, California
“Ride 2the Airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Thank you Jeff for arranging my ride back to the airport. Love that the hotel offers this service. The hotel itself is really nice and I've always had a great experience staying there. On my last trip thou I did want my mini bar and snacks removed from my room which I was told I would have to wait until the next day, which made no sense to me.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

1,622 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (310)
  • Turkish first
Seminole, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This was our second time at this hotel. The location is perfect because we love Times Square! Jeff at the door and Rob behind the desk were great at answering all of our questions. We will be back and will tell all of our friends!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Saint John, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We have stayed in this hotel twice, most recently in July 2014. The location is in the heart of the theater district, with many Broadway shows within minutes. The hotel is located just blocks form Time Square in one direction and Central Park in the other. If you are a fan of David Letterman you can’t get much closer as the Tonight Studio is just around the corner form the front door. The front desk staff was friendly, helpful and curious. The hotel has a retro funky décor; the rooms are adequate size and have updated furnishings. The only complaint this time was that our room was not completed by housekeeping until late afternoon (3pm). Our first visit to this hotel was in 2009 (Sept) and the price for the room was over 100.00 less than it was during July peak season. I would recommend this hotel to others and I will stay here again.

De Haan, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Nice hotel, very good location, small rooms. Staff were very helpfull. I had some problems to pay with visa although it was working in ATM and in the shops.
the location was super. Close to broadway and Central park.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This was a very nice surprise. We usually stay at the five star hotels in NYC but Orbitz showed us a fair price at the Ameritania and we jumped on it. Cool design features turned my wife on; great location on Broadway turned us both on, and the staff was spectacular, particularly, Rob at the front desk and Jeff at the door/bellman made the stay most pleasant We'd go back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Judson_Trapnell, Director of Rooms at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Marty D,

Thank you so much for your positive review! I am thrilled to hear that your stay was great and that our staff and location made you feel welcome. We are looking forward to your next visit to NYC!

Judson Trapnell
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a great hotel! First I want to thank Sylwia Kruk, the Front Office Manager, whom I contacted from England for a twin bedded, quiet room. What a room when we arrived, -spacious, spotlessly clean, two double beds, and well cleaned every day by the staff, fresh towels each day. I expected to be kept awake by the city noise, but in our room on the 10th floor I heard no-one either side, above or below us, and no street noise except the odd sirens etc. So, marvellous Sylwia, and your reception staff are a credit to you. Whatever time we came in, there were always three on duty, Crystal, Catherine, and all the rest, all of whom were charming, and made it a pleasure for me to ask questions. The door staff, Jeff, Sayeed, Jalala and Chris, and the others, also a credit to the hotel, nothing was too much trouble, and all with huge smiles. I truly felt that all the staff enjoyed their jobs, and more importantly, the customer came first.
We stayed for a week, and found the location by far the best place we could have stayed in. We could walk to the main attractions, and were so glad we had not stayed in the madness that is Times Square, packed with tourists. The Ameritania does breakfast, or you can just have a free tea or coffee in the morning in the breakfast room, but we had breakfast and meals in different places, of which there are scores within walking distance. We were amazed at how cheap food, meals, beverages, transport was, I would say half the price of England. Same with clothes, cosmetics, etc, nearly everything was much cheaper than in England.
So thank you Ameritania, for a great holiday.

Room Tip: 10th floor was marvellously quiet
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Judson_Trapnell, Director of Rooms at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear Torquay81,

Thank you for sharing your great experience with us! I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and that the staff was pleasant and helpful. It is always our pleasure to make the guest feel at home. The staff sends a big thank you for your kind remarks! We look forward to your next visit to NYC and hope to welcome you once again.

Judson Trapnell
Haugesund, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We only stayed one night, had a layover in New York going to Hawaii. We chose this hotel because of the location, and it did not disappoint us! You can walk to Times Square and everything around it, also, it should be the same distance to Central Park. (When we were there it was freezing, so we didn't walk to Central Park).
The room was clean and nice, high up, and we were not bother much with traffic noise. =) We would definitely recommend this hotel. =D

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Judson_Trapnell, Director of Rooms at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear LadyCeci,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to NYC! I am happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable and hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Judson

Been to Ameritania Hotel? Share your experiences!