“Great STAFF and LOCATION!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ameritania Hotel

You added Ameritania Hotel to your Saves list
Ameritania Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   230 West 54th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #126 of 459 Hotels in New York City
“Great STAFF and LOCATION!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

I was in town on business and was very pleased with the location! Every staff member I ran into was pleasant and accommodating. I'm particular Crystal and GM Paul both made me feel right at home! The Ameritania Hotel will be my first choice every time I go to NYC!!

• Stayed November 2013
Renaldo M, Manager at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you very much for your wonderful review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the service to be helpful, We pride ourselves in being able to provide the best service that, not only meets, but exceeds our guests’ expectations, so thank you once again. We hope that you will not stay away too long and return to visit us soon!

Renaldo Moore & Ameritania Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (372)
  • Turkish first
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my mom from 11/9 - 11/13/2013, and we both enjoyed our experience there.

First, the location is perfect! You are basically an 8-10 min walk from Times Square and Central Park. Rockefeller is also very close. The hotel is in the middle of Theater District, which is noisy at night, so after reading the reviews on tripadvisor and the suggestions from other travelers, I requested a room on the top floor away from the city noise. Very happy that they put us on the 12th floor away from the street! Absolutely no noise at night, so if you can't stand street noise, make the same request. :)

The room is small (expect this in NY), but clean and remodeled. I like the decor, the bathroom is very nice looking, and the bed comfortable. I care more about cleanliness, and this hotel definitely exceeded my expectations. Again, I was glad the bathroom looks so modern, new, and clean! It helps that given it was sooo cold in NY (30 degrees at night), the bathroom has a heater.

As for the AC/Heater control in the room, we had some issues trying to figure out how to keep the room at a good steady temperature. If you want it to be around 70, the fan goes on loudly every once in a while to cool the room down, which is annoying at night. If you turn the control completely off, the room gets way too warm. I finally figured out that if I set the mode to "heat mode," and leave the temperature at 70 degrees, the loud fan does not turn on, but the steady airflow stays on. So that's my tip for those who are trying to achieve that.

As for the service, GREAT service. The hotel staff were all so helpful and friendly. Chris was the first one I met at the front desk. When I asked him what restaurants he recommended, he even called one of them to make reservations for us! (we ended up not making the reservation though since the next available opening was an hour later, and we were hungry, lol). Another time, a person with glasses pulled out a map and showed me how to get to Battery Park by train. He was so helpful and gave us clear directions, making sure that I got them clearly so that we would be fine. I didn't know his name, but I appreciate him for being so nice.

The doormen are all nice, smiled a lot at us, and were very polite. The maid was very nice too - this one time they ran out of toilet paper in the storage when I looked for her to grab an extra roll (we didn't want our rooms cleaned during the trip). Later that evening, when I came back, I found a roll of toilet paper hanging in a plastic bag on our doorknob. :)

Finally, the price for this hotel is good given the location and the quality. We got a really good deal on booking.com.

Great management and a great team at this hotel. I am recommending this place to my friends and others I know. I will also be coming back to stay at this hotel the next time I visit New York.

So if you are looking for a good hotel on a reasonable budget (and one that is close to main attractions), stay here at the Ameritania.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper like me, request a room at the top away from the street (you don't ne...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
What a fabulous review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review. We have forwarded your kind words to all of our departments and we all look forward to meeting and exceeding your expectations during your next stay with us.

Springfield, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at Ameritania! The rooms were clean and quiet. I really appreciated the darkening draperies as it allowed my 7-year old to sleep later than usual in the morning. Incredibly convenient location! Renaldo Moor at the front desk was incredibly helpful. Highly recommend!

Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Located at the city center, the hotel is very close to subway line. Nearby to Broadway shows and with plenty of restaurants surrounding. We have been stayed in a twin room, size is not bad and nicely deco in modern styling. Only thing I dislike is the soft mattress and USD$10 for Wifi connection. I think they should at least provide free wifi for hotel guest at lobby.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Cheshunt, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

This was my 4th time in New York. this hotel is in a great location a short walk to time square, the rooms were quite modern a little on the small side and the only fault was there was nowhere to store your suitcase. very clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful. would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Berlin, Deutschland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I've stayed in many hotels in NYC and am used to rooms being tiny. I also always thought that it would be impossible to find a room that is smaller than what the Hudson Hotel offers - but the Ameritania tought me differently: My room was so small that I kept bumping into my suitcase as it barely fitted between the wall and the bed.
The air condition heated the room up to over 80°F, but wouldn't react at all to whatever temperature I tried to enter. The next morning at reception it turned out I wasn't the only guest having that problem - there was a lady next to me explaining about the exact same thing.

To round things up, at check-out I was charged 50 USD more per night than the rate I had pre-booked via Expedia.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us and allowing us to reach out to you. I apologize for the unsatisfactory experience that you had at our hotel. We are always in the lookout for ways to improve our services and become the best hotel possible. I look forward to having a second chance to show you how much we value you as a guest.
Sincerely
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

My wife and daughter were staying at the Ameritania when her father suddenly passed away. They had to urgently come back to Montreal, an abrupt, sad and unexpected interruption of their stay in NYC.

The staff at the Ameritania - and especially Monika at the front desk - were incredibly humane, supportive and helpful, helping with the urgent check-out, cancellation of remainder of stay and even arranging for airport transportation, all the while they gave my daughter a lovely little flurry animal to soothe her pain. They even helped with items that were left behind as my wife was scrambling to pack her things - they diligently shipped everything back home by Fedex.

We can debate the merits of facilities and location all we want (and theirs happen to be great). But I urge you to support and encourage a hotel whose staff that have showed such great human qualities and genuine care at a time of great distress.

Many thanks to the team at the Ameritania. We will come back, enjoy the facilities, and say a heartfelt "thank you" to the xtraordinary estaff.

Renaldo Moore & Ameritania Staff

Been to Ameritania Hotel? Share your experiences!