“Good city hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ameritania Hotel

You added Ameritania Hotel to your Saves list
Ameritania Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   230 West 54th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Midtown)   |
Ranked #129 of 464 Hotels in New York City
New York
“Good city hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We got a discounted rate and it was well worth it. Decent size rooms and bathrooms. No city or building noise, but we were in the back, this was worth it. Friendly. Great location. Will go back. Rooms were comfortable.

Room Tip: Keep to the back, nice and quiet.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear,CLEAG
Thank you for sharing this review with potential guests of Ameritania Hotel., I am pleased to know that our staff was helpful throughout your stay and helped to make it a memorable guest experience. I certainly look forward to welcoming you back sooner rather than later!

Warm regards,
Renaldo Moore & Ameritania Staff

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (426)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
West Midlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Brilliant hotel. Me and my daughter got a free upgrade as soon as we got there which was a lovely surprise. Nothing bad to say . Only problem was the beds were just too comfortable. So good we almost didn't want to get out of them :-)

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear, Evai01
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. You are very kind and your review made us all feel as though we accomplished what our mission is - to exceed guest’s expectations. Thank you for mentioning the service that our staff provided. Once again, it was great meeting you and we look forward to seeing you again when you return to NYC!

Kind regards
Chester Springs, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is a great boutique hotel in a great location, close to a multitude of restaurants, theater district, etc.! I was pleasantly surprised, since I never heard of it prior to visit. I must say, I was very skeptical & they exceeded my expectations. From the moment I walked through the glass doors & walked into the contemporary & spacious reception area, I was impressed! We were welcomed with a smile from the door man to reception. Our room was ready upon check-in & were escorted to our room right away. There was a wonderful looking bar & restaurant. The room & bathroom were small, what do you expect, it is NY! The room was clean & comfortable. I stayed her with my husband & 9 year old twins. I would highly recommend this hotel & I would stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear, Lisa C
Thank you very much for your wonderful review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the service to be helpful, We pride ourselves in being able to provide the best service that, not only meets, but exceeds our guests’ expectations, so thank you once again. We hope that you will not stay away too long and return to visit us soon!

Kindly,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Cheap, clean, elegant, central, amzing view, quiet, charming. This is how we can describe this hotel. We booked a room from February 21st to February 26th and we think we made the best choice ever! It is really close to MoMs, Times Square, 5th ave, Central Park and Rockfeller Center! If we will come back in Ny we will staybat Ameritania Hotel for sure!!!!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear, Karim R
Thank you for letting us know about your stay! Our associates are very passionate about providing our guests with the best experiences while on property, so the positive feedback is always appreciated - I will share it with our team. Looking forward to seeing you in the fall.

Royersford, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was my first stay at Ameritania and I stayed 2 nights. The staff are incredibly nice and very helpful. I know NYC well so I didn't need the tourist information, but they went the extra mile to make sure my stay was comfortable. The rooms are clean, comfortable and a great value for NYC. The hotel is weak in amenities so if you are expecting a lot of extras you may be disappointed. The TV is local cable without the ability to rent movies or games. The gym is small and the room service menu is very limited. And yes they do charge for Wifi per day. However, if you are looking for a nice and affordable place to stay while you are seeing the sights of NYC, this is definitely the place to stay. I will definitely be returning!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Dear, Kady G

Warm regards,
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at the Ameritania with a group of 3 other girls for 4 day vacation and this hotel was a perfect pick. The location was unbeatable. With Broadway around the corner it was an easy walk to the middle of Times Square, Rockefeller Centre, etc. And Central Park was just several blocks away in the other direction. The subway line we wanted to get us to SoHo and other areas was just also just a block away.
The room and hotel itself was definitely more than expected. Past reviews said rooms were small, but we found our room with two double beds to be spacious enough for the four of us and all of our luggage. The bathroom was very clean and had a great shower, the beds were very comfy, and housekeeping was very efficient. The lobby, bar, and rooms were stylishly decorated and unlike any "standard" hotel I have stayed in. The staff were very kind and helpful, and when our room key wouldn't work when we first arrived maintenance immediately came to fix the door. On our last day (after checking out), we were able to put our luggage aside as we did last minute shopping. Staff member Jeff offered to arrange a car for us to take us to the airport (for a cheaper flat rate than a cab would have offered us). Jeff definitely worked his magic for us because we ended up taking a limo to the airport!
Kudos to Jeff and this hotel. It was affordable and enjoyable, and I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Renaldo M, Manager at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Madelyn P,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay with us. You’re comments are so flattering and very much appreciated by our entire team.
I do hope that you will stay with us again the next time you visit New York City and we thank you for your recommendations to others. Please feel free to contact us directly for assistance with any future reservations.

Most sincerely,
Renaldo Moore & Ameritania Hotel
Newburgh, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We recently stayed at the Ameritania because we were going to see Jersey Boys ( lots of fun) and even though we live about an hour outside of NYC we made a weekend of it. Checking in ( and checking out) was a breeze, very nice front desk who informed me that the price of the room on Saturday was actually less than what was quoted when I originally booked so I would be paying less, nice of them to point that out and not charge me more, this alone will get them my undying loyalty. :-) We got a double room on the 4th floor facing Broadway, it can be a bit noisy ( there is construction across the street but that's not their fault and hopefully it will done soon) so if you are a light sleeper ask for an interior room. The room was cozy and clean. We had a drink at the bar, the bartender Javier was very friendly and nice and the drinks are strong, they run various specials and on Friday night it was buy two drink for the price of one and it can't be beat. Everyone was helpful and friendly and said hello anytime you came in or out. Highly recommend the place. We ate at the Afghan Kebob House one night and then the Iguana the next night both good.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper try to get a higher room and an interior room.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear RosannaCarl,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with fellow travelers. We appreciate your kind comments regarding our customer service and I thank you for mentioning how great our location is. We look forward to welcoming you back next time!
Best regards,
Renaldo Moore & Ameritania Staff

Been to Ameritania Hotel? Share your experiences!