“Great place to stay!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ameritania Hotel

You added Ameritania Hotel to your Saves list
Ameritania Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   230 West 54th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Midtown)   |
Ranked #125 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Waxahachie, Texas
“Great place to stay!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I have stayed at the Ameritania Hotel in NYC twice while on business. This hotel is fantastic, the staff goes above and beyond and are so friendly. I have stayed in several hotels in the city and this one is clean, the rooms are a great size and the bathrooms are big too! This is and always will be my first choice while in NY, it is in a perfect location; minutes to time square, shopping, great food and central park. You won't be sorry for choosing the Ameritania, their team really shows interest in putting their customers needs first. I can't wait to go back!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Renaldo M, Manager at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Dear kelliefenton,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay with us. You’re comments are so flattering and very much appreciated by our entire team.
I do hope that you will stay with us again the next time you visit New York City and we thank you for your recommendations to others. Please feel free to contact us directly for assistance with any future reservations.

Most sincerely
Renaldo Moore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (442)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I stayed here with my partner for 5 nights during October for our birthdays.
We arrived late one night and were worried we wouldn't be able to check in but we shouldn't have worried.
We were originally on the 4th floor but found the room to be very noisy from the air conditioning unit outside. The room was also very small with nowhere to put our luggage and a bathroom door that kept getting jammed.
The following morning we spoke to the people in reception who without hesitation allowed us to switch rooms and we couldn't have asked for more - a bigger room, nice sized bathroom and a very comfortable bed overlooking Broadway.

The location of this hotel is perfect - close to all the top attractions. It's slightly noisy with all the traffic and local building works taking place but its to be expected -after all it is the city that never sleeps!!

Overall we had an amazing time and would recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Try and get a room that overlooks Broadway not one in the centre of the building
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Renaldo M, Manager at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Kelly W.
On behalf of the entire team at the Ameritania Hotel we thank you for taking the time to tell us about your overall experience during your visit. We truly appreciate having an opportunity to improve and become the best hotel possible. I am sorry if the size of your room was not to your liking. We would be happy to show you the variety of rooms we offer for your next trip, with the hopes that you will find something more to your liking. We would love to welcome you back and hope to turn your next review from a 4 star, to a 5 star!
Sincerely, Renaldo Moore
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We were a couple of moms going away for a girls' weekend. This is such a great little hotel, I cannot say it enough! A walker's paradise! Right smack in the middle of everything. Excellent walking distance to ALL of the major attractions, food/coffee, shops, subway, and only steps from all of the Broadway shows for easy night time entertainment. The hotel has been newly renovated and was spotless, had a fun and funky main lobby decor, and the rooms were well appointed. The beds were heavenly, perfect after a busy day of walking the city and seeing a show. We were in room 1202, with two doubles. The room was a decent size from what I understand of New York's standards, and had an okay view if you went right up to the window. The bathroom had no tub but a huge walk-in shower, which we prefer anyways. There is only a half glass wall in the shower, and the first time I used it the water went all over the floor, but if you use the handheld and tip the shower head back a little towards the wall, it solves the problem entirely. Jeff the bellman was THE BEST! Thank you Jeff for making our stay even more enjoyable! I arrived very early in the morning and they were very happy to keep my bags until our room was ready and Jeff hounded the front desk to ready the room much earlier than the 3pm check-in because I was dead on my feet. Jeff provided me with transportation on the spot back to the airport when it was time to leave a few days later, what a relief! We had a late flight at the end of our weekend, and once again, they very happily held our bags for us all day. You cannot go wrong with this little gem and I will definitely be recommending it to my friends/family and staying here again myself. Thanks to all of you at The Ameritania for making our first trip to NYC a huge success!

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better I think to get away from the night long honking, but I don't thi...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Jennifer613,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am happy to read that you were especially pleased with the service from Jeff. He says a big thank you for the compliment! Our aim is to ensure that all our guests are completely satisfied with their stay. We do hope to welcome you back on your next trip to New York City.

Sincerely
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

The property is perfectly located at 54th and 8th and is truly incredible, especially for NYC. The rooms are actually quite spacious for NYC and you immediately sense that attention was spent on decor, interior, etc. The linnens are great. The bath products are top notch. The attention to recyling and saving energy is also amazing in a non-intrusive way.

What impressed me most, though, was the manager ---- Paul Schwartz. He does his job well. He gets to know his customers. When he applogizes for a mistake his staff may make he does so sincerely and doesn't try to sugar coat it or make excuses. Instead, he does it in a way where you know he is using that as an opportunity to educate his staff so that it never happens again (even something as minor as waiting for what he deems to be too long for luggage).

In this day and age where difficult employees are hard to find, and where customer service is often ignored --- the Ameritania Hotel is a shinning example of what hotels should be doing in every regard. No hotel is perfect, but the Ameritania Hotel is damn near close.

Dear Pollack S,
Thank you for experimenting and choosing us, we appreciate your business and further appreciate the feedback. Your level of comfort is our utmost goal and we are happy that we achieved that. Our staff is delighted to see your feedback. I agree with you that, every hotel needs a manager like Paul Schwartz. He ensure that every guest leaves with a smile, and wanting to return. It brings me great pleasure to hear that he were able to make this happen during your recent stay. If you ever need any assistance for future reservations, Please feel free to contact us directly for assistance with any future reservations
Best regards,
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Like past reviewer Milo, my family and I were very impressed with the level of service that the Ameritania's doorman Jeff provided.Well beyond what his job description entails. I left my camera in the car when departing NYC and Jeff tracked it down for me and returned it to me in Canada; Fedexing it to me in his own time. Imagine having a camera lost in NYC returned to you! Indeed Jeff's attention to customer service seems to be of the culture at The Ameritania in addition to the hotel's great location and exceptional rooms. My family will definitely return to The Ameritania for our next trip to NYC.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Jenni M
Thank you very much for your kind feedback. I'm delighted that your NYC getaway was an enjoyable one and that members of our staff played such an instrumental role in your stay. We pride ourselves in the standard of service and accommodations our guests have come to expect from the Ameritania Hotel. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back on your next trip to the Big Apple.

Best regards,
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

We have just stayed at the Ameritania in New York for five nights and would highly recommend the hotel, not just for its convenient location but for its deliciously comfortable beds and wonderful showers. The standard room we stayed in was small but had everything we needed including an ipod dock. We didn't have breakfast in the hotel but instead tried a different diner every morning, all within a block or two of the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on Broadway are fun as you can watch everything that is going on on the street below.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Renaldo M, Manager at Ameritania Hotel, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
Dear Fmcrobetson, Thank you so much for your excellent feedback. We pride ourselves in providing exceptional service and I am thrilled to hear we met your expectations. We would be happy to show you the variety of rooms we offer for your next trip. Our location makes the Ameritania an ideal place for anyone visiting New York and hope you return soon. Please feel free to contact us upon your next visit to ensure another excellent experience.

San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

I never write a review. However, I was so taken a back by this property I have to. We manufacture furniture for hotels so we see and stay a many places. I was very impressed with the service at the front desk. They went out of there way to print and scan a document for me happily! The rooms were clean and comfortable. The location is unbeatable from Central Park and Times Square. Best value for New York City hands down!

Room Tip: Any room is awesome here.
Dear, JTNM
Thank you for your review of the Ameritania Hotel. Fantastic reviews such as yours are the reason we strive for perfection. The staff will appreciate your compliments regarding our service and reception. I am pleased that you enjoyed your trip to New York City, and we look forward to welcoming you back to your NYC home away from home.

Renaldo Moore

Been to Ameritania Hotel? Share your experiences!